Where to level pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
Where to level pets?

Post by Catalytic » December 19th, 2012, 7:53 pm

I know about the Dragonbone birds in Dragonblight, and it's an awesome area, but are there others like it? (Not a huge fan of flying pets, what does everyone use as their team or main pet against their groups?) Almost all of my babies are at least level 6, most are at least level 10, so I'm looking for something 13-25ish.

Eviver
Pet Score:5244
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Where to level pets?

Post by Eviver » December 19th, 2012, 8:09 pm

I personally like Vale of eternal Blossoms pretty much all the aquatic primary groups will be all aquatics most of the time with a random glowfly from time to time. I just load up a lowbie and two max level flying pets and go around killing every aquatic group. I don't bother to heal my pets i just rotate in a new flying pet if one ever dies after a few battles. None of the pets have any annoying moves except some will use dive from time to time. And by the time i run out of max level flyers my cooldown should be up or i can just use the stable master at the shrine.

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » December 20th, 2012, 6:46 pm

I like farming the water wavelings in Zul'drak. I just use a Feline Familiar that I rared-up, and with devour the thing never dies. The stuff there isn't really suitable for getting pets to 25 as they're only 22-23 but they drop dragonkin stones which I don't mind getting more of.

Woobe
Pet Score:3890
BattleTag®:Woobe#2373
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Woobe » December 20th, 2012, 7:08 pm

The critters on veiled stair near the tavern for me. One beast can rip through them in 6 turns.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 24th, 2012, 11:49 am

It all depends on what you're levelling.

Lots of popular pets are good against critters, so I'd say around Halfhill, plenty of racoons and porcupines around. I've leveled quite a few pets over there before I discovered the tamer dailies repeat hack that recently got hotfixed..

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 24th, 2012, 1:24 pm

I've been leveling pets in the Valley of Four Winds in the Heartland area. My Flayer Youngling can solo the critter teams there. With the xp change leveling has gotten stupid easy.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 24th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Pacer wrote:Asuming you want to level in the wild get a Razzashi hatchling to level 25 and use that to boost other pets, in valley of the four winds. This pet will never need a stable master as it heals when it kills enemies and it does the highest damage of the hatchlings.

If you have an oozeling, a fluxfire feline and an infinite whelpling you can take out most daily trainers and that is how I level 1-2 pets from lvl 4 to lvl 25 each day. For setups for all trainers you can go here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1659&start=20#p12354
Does the breed id matter here? Always wondered how much the breedid matters when 2 manning tamers.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 24th, 2012, 2:59 pm

It's definitely case-dependent whether the breed will cost you the battle, but the breed 4s for ooze and whelplings are noticeably better. For example a breed 4 Spawn of Onyxia can solo the Dread Wastes tamer (as long as lift-offs hit), but the other breeds definitely can't. Tamers like Nishi or Yon are much more forgiving.

Majin662

Post by Majin662 » December 26th, 2012, 11:36 am

Eviver wrote:I personally like Vale of eternal Blossoms pretty much all the aquatic primary groups will be all aquatics most of the time with a random glowfly from time to time. I just load up a lowbie and two max level flying pets and go around killing every aquatic group. I don't bother to heal my pets i just rotate in a new flying pet if one ever dies after a few battles. None of the pets have any annoying moves except some will use dive from time to time. And by the time i run out of max level flyers my cooldown should be up or i can just use the stable master at the shrine.
just stepped away from leveling to type this very thing in case it wasn't posted anywhere (shoulda known it would've been though :-) ) the amber moth at lvl 25 absolutely rips apart aquatic teams. My combo is ability 1 =doesn't matter ability 2=cocoon ability 3= dust. that combo keeps the moth at just about full hp whole time . Just swap in whatever lowbie you have and reap. Got a clockwork gnome to level 16 from level 9 in about 20 minutes.