Share pet collecting news and advice.
Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Finally Joined 5K

Post by Milotha » February 9th, 2017, 1:49 pm

A day late and a pet short, but I finally joined the 5K club. Thanks pet battle weekend. Good luck to all those slogging through the pet leveling.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Finally Joined 5K

Post by FuxieDK » February 9th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Grats

Hearte
MVP
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hearte » February 10th, 2017, 9:43 am

Congrats! Where do you level at during pet battle week? I generally just wait for Squirt, but she's not up this week. I can't stand leveling pets, but I do love collecting them.

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » February 10th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Hearte wrote:Congrats! Where do you level at during pet battle week? I generally just wait for Squirt, but she's not up this week. I can't stand leveling pets, but I do love collecting them.
I am a lazy pet leveler. I go to my WoD garrison, activate the hallow' eve pets. Stand near hallow's eve wild pet battle next to the npc pet healer, and then just chain fight the endless no respawn time pets. When I need to heal, I take a few steps, get a free heal, and then back to fighting. I use murkalot with his shield all pets, so I can slip in a level 1 pet without him dying.
Last edited by Milotha on February 13th, 2017, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » February 10th, 2017, 2:14 pm

Hearte wrote:Congrats! Where do you level at during pet battle week? I generally just wait for Squirt, but she's not up this week. I can't stand leveling pets, but I do love collecting them.
The MoP and WoD dailies are good.

Near the MoP black market is good as it is flooded with critters. They do fairly weak attacks.

If you are a horde person near the garrison are beast critters. They are fairly easy groups.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 12th, 2017, 6:43 am

Hi,

Sadly, I am not sure that anyone else can get to 5K, as there are not enough pets around. I'm past 4K ... but I seriously doubt that I can get anywhere near 4500, for example, let alone 5000, unless more, and newer pets are added.

I fought Pet Battles to get just about each and every pet in Legion ... maybe one or two excepted ... and other than some older pets that need to be quested ... my number of pets to get is probably limited to about 100 morer. Wooooooohhh is me! Another crybaby!

The fact is that the Pet Battles IS THE ONLY THING that has kept me in this game, in the past year, with Legion included, whose design, sometimes, is a sort of Doom and Quake all over again, instead of folks that simply appreciate and love different games.

This has been the case with the Pet situation. It's nothing new .. it's just manipulated to make sure you could not get as many pets as one did in Pandaria. Unfortunately all it did was raise numbers ... mine past 4K!
Last edited by Uduwudu on February 19th, 2017, 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 12th, 2017, 7:45 am

[profile]Uduwudu[/profile] (and for anyone else that might be discouraged or daunted by the WarcraftPets Pet Score): The "5k club" is not as far out of reach as you might think.

There are many pets that are readily available in-game. They don't require a lot of gold or real world money. With some persistence, the help of RNG, and dedication to leveling up your collection, you too can eventually obtain a 5k Pet Score.

Anyway, keeping this thread on topic - some congratulations are in order. Congrats [profile]Milotha[/profile]! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 12th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Sadly, I am not sure that anyone else can get to 5K
Yes you can :D
(myself is only 48 points away *argh*)

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » February 12th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Way to go guys 8-)

Milotha
Top Rater

Post by Milotha » February 13th, 2017, 7:12 am

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

Sadly, I am not sure that anyone else can get to 5K, as there are not enough pets around, and there is a limitation that has been added to the game to prevent the ability to market these things, and keep them as part of the WoW economy. I'm past 4K ... but I seriously doubt that I can get anywhere near 4500, for example, let alone 5000, unless more, and newer pets are added.

I fought Pet Battles to get just about each and every pet in Legion ... maybe one or two excepted ... and other than some older pets that need to be quested ... my number of pets to get is probably limited to about 100 more ... and that does not factor to 950 more points to get that far. Wooooooohhh is me! Another crybaby!

The fact is that the Pet Battles IS THE ONLY THING that has kept me in this game, in the past year, with Legion included, whose design, sometimes, is sadistic and pathetic and done by Doom and Quake experts, instead of folks that simply appreciate and love different games. The entry thing for Stroheim is pathetic, and I'm glad the others don't have it, but it is likely what the game is doing to "create" new content ... when they really do not have anything new to add to the game!

This has been the case with the Pet situation. It's nothing new .. it's just manipulated to make sure you could not get as many pets as one did in Pandaria, two thirds of which, you will likely not use! Somewhere in the middle would likely be a better option and solution?
Do not get disheartened. I try to pick out pets to farm. Pick an easy one, pick a long term grind one, and then pick a random chance one. I also do a ton of dailies/WQ/order hall/garrison gold quests. Run the old instances for gold. I was able to buy a ton of the card game pets with cash during pandaria/dreanor. Do all the pet battle quests everyday to level pets, and get resources to level pets. As for the real world cash ones, I waited until they went on sale. I got a few as xmas gifts.

I try to evaluate the pets for the ones that I will never get and just be at peace about the ones you won't get. It's OK. The game is what I make of it. Other people's accomplishments don't diminish my joy.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » February 13th, 2017, 9:11 am

Milotha wrote: ...
I try to evaluate the pets for the ones that I will never get and just be at peace about the ones you won't get. It's OK. The game is what I make of it. Other people's accomplishments don't diminish my joy.
Thanks. I do this all pretty much the same, and have been evaluating (for example) all the pets in the Auction House, and see if some are do'able or not. For example ... duhhhh ... I have two characters already Exalted with Guardians of Hyjal ... and that means I only need some more marks and I can get the Crimson Lasher ... easy enough to do ... a day or two!

All in all, I'm not that bothered, and have been doing the WQ's diligently in almost all my characters.

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » February 13th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Congrats Milotha!

>Uduwudu: you're not really that far off, I took a look at your collection and there's still a few "easily" obtainable pets you're missing.. go get the Singing Sunflower, you just have to play the Plants vs Zombie minigame in Hillsbrad Foothills (i think?)

Just pick a few pets and chip at it every day and you'll find yourself closer than you think :p

Myself.. I'm focused on the Prestige grind for now and slowly leveling my alts in preparation for 7.2

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » February 13th, 2017, 6:54 pm

Hi,

My apologies Milo ... I had forgotten to say ... congarats you turkey! :ugeek:

Cparle87
Pet Score:11736
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Cparle87 » February 14th, 2017, 1:11 am

I level up my pets in the Veiled Stair in Pandaria. The zone is literally nothing but critters, so grab a powerhouse pet with devour like a p/p zandalari or a kitty and go to town. Can end every fight quickly and most at full health.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 14th, 2017, 7:19 am

Congrats!

I mostly just do the 1 hour tamer circuit. It fits nicely into a pet treat/lesser pet treat duration. I set rematch to Ascending Level and auto sort, then hit all 11 MoP tamers, the 7 Draenor tamers, and usually 1 more random tamer (the guy in dragonwastes is pretty close to wyrmrest and there is a portal to there in Dal).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » February 14th, 2017, 6:34 pm

Congratulations!

Milotha
Top Rater