Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Pet Battle Dungeon Mystery?

Post by Hobbitpolitics » February 9th, 2017, 4:05 pm

According to blizzard from their "Pet Battle Dungeon Preview" called "A Call From the Caverns" there is some sort of mystery involved in the dungeon. The preview (http://www.wowhead.com/news=260075/a-call-from-the-caverns-pet-battle-dungeon-preview) contains this text in italics "The first time you complete this dungeon there is an extra stage here involving a mystery which needs to be solved. More on that below" and a followup text that says :
"What’s this about a mystery?

Since Naralex was awakened, we’ve been hearing some very strange noises from within the caverns. Some might call it wailing; nominative determinism at its finest. There’s really nothing more to say—you’re going to have to go there yourself and find out. Any other questions?"

So, has anything been discovered about this mystery that anybody is willing to share? !SPOILERS! of course.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pet Battle Dungeon Mystery?

Post by Quintessence » February 9th, 2017, 4:24 pm

The only mystery (so far) occurs during Stage 6 in the Normal version of the dungeon:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/patch-7-2-ptr-new-pets-pet-battle-dungeon/
http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/01/72-ptr-pet-battle-dungeon-wailing.html
Stage 6: Confront the Shadowy Figure!
Although there's dialogue from the Shadowy Figure when you confront them in the dungeon, we don't actually find out who this Shadowy Figure is, what they're doing in Wailing Caverns and with the battle pets, or why they're doing it.

Turning in the quest has some dialogue that alludes to the continuation of this mystery in future updates. Hopefully that means more Pet Battle Dungeons to come!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hobbitpolitics » February 9th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Definitely my thoughts as well, considering the anticipation for this sort of content for us pet battlers we will definitely be seeing more dungeons based on old (possible lesser reworked) content. At first I figured the location of the dungeon wasn't coincidence considering the location of a "recently" added pet battle master in Barrens (Crysa) and that it might tie in somehow, but thinking about it, its probably nothing. What I'm hoping for is a long quest line that extends beyond a single pet battle dungeon, but is more of an end game storyline for pet battling, maybe next stop Mauradon? Or perhaps Uldaman? The ideas are endless! Really looking forward to the conclusion and release of this content.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 10th, 2017, 1:20 am

Hobbitpolitics wrote:What I'm hoping for is a long quest line that extends beyond a single pet battle dungeon, but is more of an end game storyline for pet battling, maybe next stop Mauradon? Or perhaps Uldaman? The ideas are endless! Really looking forward to the conclusion and release of this content.
Ha, using pets as a tool of storytelling would be nice, but I'm not sure if the current direction is enough. I'm concerned less than it looks though, that's just a first attempt so one could treat it as an [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EarlyInstallmentWeirdness]early installment weirdness[/url].

As unaware as a post-Cataclysm player could be, I'm a bit indifferent to vanilla lore, but a fact that touching it is a sensitive topic is a pretty common knowledge. Maybe this is why it seems to me a bit "off" right now.
On the other hand, could it be an opportunity to retrieve in still pretty safe way some stuff that seemed to be taken away by Deathwing? Too weird to happen, but perhaps tempting anyway! :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 13th, 2017, 9:57 am

Paladance wrote: ...
On the other hand, could it be an opportunity to retrieve in still pretty safe way some stuff that seemed to be taken away by Deathwing? Too weird to happen, but perhaps tempting anyway! :lol:
Interesting thought ... I kinda thought that Deathwing was the end of the boss bigger than the game kind of thing. Until that time, these bosses were not beat'able, and Deathwing was a very tough cookie that not many guilds were able to do at the time. And since then, all bosses were not "bigger" than the game, and the Lich King was beat'able as was just about anybody else in the game today! The end of the supreme being, I guess! Hahahaha!!!!!!!! :roll:

I do not want to see this stuff compared to the Pet Battles ... it will probably kill the whole thing, if the pet is not beat'able, specially if you have to have 20 Xu-Fu's or 20 Graves or 20 Rag's kind of thing!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 13th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Uduwudu wrote:
Paladance wrote:Interesting thought ... I kinda thought that Deathwing was the end of the boss bigger than the game kind of thing. Until that time, these bosses were not beat'able, and Deathwing was a very tough cookie that not many guilds were able to do at the time. And since then, all bosses were not "bigger" than the game, and the Lich King was beat'able as was just about anybody else in the game today! The end of the supreme being, I guess! Hahahaha!!!!!!!! :roll:

I do not want to see this stuff compared to the Pet Battles ... it will probably kill the whole thing, if the pet is not beat'able, specially if you have to have 20 Xu-Fu's or 20 Graves or 20 Rag's kind of thing!
Ay, I should start to change my writing I see, as some words just seem to attract specific ideas no matter the original subject! (I know that myself.) Still, I haven't expected that direction :lol:, sincere congrats.

You go technical now* and there isn't anything bad in it, but currently I'm thinking more about the plot!

Just I hope that we don't have to calm a ghost of mysterious female orc via defeating her undead effigy! (We're staying in the Barrens, aren't we?) That would be mean. :(

* -- Worry not, I don't think that we'll get another Flummox any soon :P

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 13th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Paladance wrote: ...
* -- Worry not, I don't think that we'll get another Flummox any soon :P
Good one. Like it!

When I first saw this about the Pet Battle thing, the first thing I thought of? .... was that one video ... more dots ... more dots ... more dots ... which I still think is one of the classics of all times.

More pet dots
More hits with heals
change to spider
Use Teroclaw
Spill the Turnip
Hit the howl
Throw the bomb
and on and on and on ... screamed out! time for my daily nightmare courtesy of Alice Cooper!