Hateful Eye? Terrible drop chance?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us
Hateful Eye? Terrible drop chance?

Post by Waynebrady » February 6th, 2017, 11:34 am

I have been going through and picking up the various Class Pets and happened to get my DH to 105 to get the Hateful Eye. I have done the daily boss every day for going on 3 weeks now and nothing!

How long did it take you guys to get it?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Hateful Eye? Terrible drop chance?

Post by Darkchyld » February 6th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Yeah, the drop rate is pretty bad. It took me a good 3-4 months to finally get mine.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » February 6th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Been doing it on both my Demon Hunter and Warlock every day for about 2 months without any luck.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » February 6th, 2017, 2:09 pm

63 tracked attempts on my lock, so far..
2 attempts on my DH, but I was nowhere near killing the boss..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 6th, 2017, 3:35 pm

I feel fortunate, I got it after about 3 weeks on my warlock.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 6th, 2017, 11:50 pm

Killerkarl wrote:Been doing it on both my Demon Hunter and Warlock every day for about 2 months without any luck.
How do you do it on DH? Not summon it, but actually kill it.

You get the same demon as Warlock, but locks are 3+ people, where DHs do it solo..

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » February 6th, 2017, 11:54 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
Killerkarl wrote:Been doing it on both my Demon Hunter and Warlock every day for about 2 months without any luck.
How do you do it on DH? Not summon it, but actually kill it.

You get the same demon as Warlock, but locks are 3+ people, where DHs do it solo..
Tank spec.

Post by Guest » February 7th, 2017, 7:41 am

I did it every day from about early-September to about mid-December, and I ended up getting the Destro Warlock hidden appearance before the pet.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 8th, 2017, 7:21 am

Gnorm wrote:I did it every day from about early-September to about mid-December, and I ended up getting the Destro Warlock hidden appearance before the pet.
Got the hidden after 10 attempts.. Naturally, I play Demo..

Beanie
Pet Score:3277
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Beanie » February 8th, 2017, 10:45 am

I have 3 Eyes and have forced others onto other locks as I couldn't use them and they are trade-able in the group. I honestly didn't know they were hard to get until I saw this post and my dealings with RNGeesus is usually really bad.

I also have the skin and I also play Demo...Sorry

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » February 8th, 2017, 11:14 am

Hi,

Sorry ... I'm lost. Which pets and mobs are we talking about? One mob drops all of them for each class? (THAT wold be too weird and too intelligent for Blizz!)

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 8th, 2017, 5:30 pm

my question is how are you doing it every day? The book isn't usable for me every day...seems to be every 2-3 days on my 105 DH..

but yeah, been doing it a long time now and no dice. it's the last pet I need besides the new prestige 7 pets.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 8th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Badpathing wrote:my question is how are you doing it every day? The book isn't usable for me every day...seems to be every 2-3 days on my 105 DH..
Initially I was under the impression it was once every 3 days but once I started doing it I noticed it was coming up daily for my lock. I haven't leveled my DH to see how it works on that end.

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » February 8th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Someone posted in another thread that players group up to fight the boss. I have tried to group using the Group Finder tool and with players who show up to fight at the same time I do. Nobody ever responds to my Custom premade groups and only a couple of people want to group up when we are actually there.

So, if anyone would like to group with me every day on Alliance at a pre-determined Pacific Standard Time US, I will be happy to make a group for us. Let me know what time would work for you and we will make it happen.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 8th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Badpathing wrote:my question is how are you doing it every day? The book isn't usable for me every day...seems to be every 2-3 days on my 105 DH..
I cannot say it's 100% accurate, but my experience is, to click the book, demon spawn, demon is killed, waaaaaait, demon despawn, wait wait waaaaaait, book respawn..

I.e. Maybe 5 minutes after corpse despawn until book respawn.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » February 9th, 2017, 4:51 am

The warlock and DH class halls both give you a chance to spawn a 'boss' usually a demon of some kind in their respective class halls. This boss has, among other things, a chance to drop the Hatefull Eye

I've been doing the warlock one for a while. I got the legendary skin after two months or so, and i only got the hatefull eye recently. Another warlock got its second one, and traded it to me as we were grouped and killed the boss together (the warlock boss requires 3 people to make it spawn). Compared to the other class hall pets, its really quite rare. The shaman pet is a garanteed gift after completing a petbattle in their class hall, and the druid pets drop quite frequently from the soil patches. I have gotten over three flowers despite rarely ever checking the soil, and more then one broot deleted.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 9th, 2017, 12:10 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
I cannot say it's 100% accurate, but my experience is, to click the book, demon spawn, demon is killed, waaaaaait, demon despawn, wait wait waaaaaait, book respawn..

Yes, I know how it works..what I should have said is that I am not able to loot him every day. Regardless of whether or not I spawn it, tag a currently summoned demon or even wait and respawn it.

The thing is, the book glows when you are 'eligible' for the kill. It doesn't glow every day, and seems to be more like every 2-3 days (as I said before).

So my question of, "how are you doing this every day?" is really, "how are you eligible to loot this every day?",

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » February 11th, 2017, 9:28 am

Hate me, but I got it after the second kill.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » February 11th, 2017, 10:38 am

Badpathing wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:

Yes, I know how it works..what I should have said is that I am not able to loot him every day. Regardless of whether or not I spawn it, tag a currently summoned demon or even wait and respawn it.

The thing is, the book glows when you are 'eligible' for the kill. It doesn't glow every day, and seems to be more like every 2-3 days (as I said before).

So my question of, "how are you doing this every day?" is really, "how are you eligible to loot this every day?",
My DH alt is parked in the boss room.. And for Love-event, I log it daily, trying to get the pink rocket..

EVERY DAY, have I been able to summon the boss.. And done so, while in queue to SFK..

Minivivi
MVP
Pet Score:12541
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Minivivi » February 11th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Avalee wrote:Hate me, but I got it after the second kill.
Thank you. Thank you to infinity & beyond for sharing such awesome news.
It gives me back my floundering patience and persistence.