Against new class hall pets!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ziih
Against new class hall pets!!

Post by Ziih » February 1st, 2017, 5:44 pm

I am angry about these new class hall pets in 7.2. I don't want to roll a Monk, Death Knight or a rogue just to get the class hall pets. I rolled a druid, demon hunter and a shaman just to get the pets and hated playing them all. Now I read that they are adding more hall pets in 7.2 to force pet collectors to play yet more classes. I sent a message to blizzard that they need to get rid of these new hall pets or just make them tradable.
One voice wont do any good but if several of us provide feedback about having to play classes we have no interest in maybe they will listen. Its bad enough having to play on the ally side to get the prestige pets but this just stinks having to play classes we have no interest in.
I would like to see all the hall pets tradable and when you get the horde prestige pet you should get the ally one also. If you feel the same way complain to blizzard maybe there is a 1 in a100 chance they will listen if many of us pet collectors stand together.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: Revolt against new class hall pets!!

Post by Killerkarl » February 1st, 2017, 6:16 pm

As long as they are not limited to the duration of Legion I am fine with it. We will have a lot of down time at some point and I can work on them then.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » February 1st, 2017, 7:35 pm

Blizzard have traditionally rewarded mounts for many different kinds of activities - farming, gold, raids, PvP Honour, PvP achievements, reputations, and so on. Thus, mount collectors have to do a wide variety of activities to keep up.

I fear that with the PvP pets, and the Timewalking pets, and the class hall pets, all being non-cageable, they are going the same route.

It's a pity.

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Moppet » February 1st, 2017, 8:43 pm

I'm so angry about this, this expansion is the most alt-unfriendly ever, and they are locking pets behind class halls.
They could've made the pets shared between classes like DH and Warlock. It's just so frustrating.

And then on the flip side, what about priests, paladins, mages, hunters and warriors? They don't get unique pets?

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » February 1st, 2017, 11:28 pm

Moppet wrote:And then on the flip side, what about priests, paladins, mages, hunters and warriors? They don't get unique pets?
Shhhhh!

I agree though they're turning what was a fun part of the game into various grinds. I don't enjoy PvP, but that's about all I'm doing at the moment to the exclusion of the parts of the game I enjoy.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 2nd, 2017, 1:36 am

Hm…
From a personal perspective…
Warlock, Shaman -- okay, I boosted the shammy, but she deserved it one day or another. ;)
Druid -- I used to have two druids, but both are meant for F2P. Then I created another druid, with no idea what to keep in mind, finally based her on Bastet, currently she is… 39. >.<
Rogue -- YOU NO TAKE MY F2P ROGUE (ironic, isn't it? :P). The second rogue is an unfinished (pardon) bank alt, that would be funny.
Monk -- I've had a Monk once, one of these silly bank alts but was called Giftbringer, had a winter garment and once upon a Christmas day he sent various things for 1c on AH. :mrgreen: I deleted him, though, after figuring out that the gift thing didn't go as well as I expected. ;)

These expressions, as colourful as they are, are still rather for statistics than for sharing my moans. Maybe.

Where's My Tinfoil Hat Transmog Edition ⃤ : It's all about us buying character boosts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
;)

I still believe the DK-themed pets belong to a tamer despite them being in the journal. Because what equality* is in giving them three companions?
Though of all the classes, a hunter with no pet… :roll: (Even though personally I hate BM except Xu-Fu. :P)

---
Okay, so to make an attempt to be more joyful anyway, do you have any ideas for themes a given class character can express?
Be them IU or cosplays. ;)
---

* if they stand with it, though we were promised that it wasn't a tendency!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » February 2nd, 2017, 3:30 am

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But, I just leveled a rogue (because of the new pet, obviously) from 1-100 in 2 days /played time. With full heirlooms, it's really quite quick to level. And the most interesting part of this experience? I actually enjoyed it, a lot. Ok, I'll be the first to admit that leveling through Outland feels like a trip through purgatory, but it wasn't as painful as I expected. So there's that.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 2nd, 2017, 5:22 am

With the latest expansion, the pet collecting game has changed. It was possible to collect almost everything before, as the pets unobtainable to you would be buyable. So many of the pets now are uncageable and locked behind unacceptable grinds or only available to certain characters. It's no longer "gotta catch 'em all", now it's "decide whether to abandon pet collecting altogether."

Klausv
Top Rater
Pet Score:6681
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Klausv » February 2nd, 2017, 7:08 am

I totally agree. I don't like the class pets at all. I guess I will have no choice but to file the class pets under "unobtainable", unless I already play that class. I don't want to have to make 1 character of every class just to collect a single pet. There are certain classes that I don't want to play, because I simply don't like them. So my only option would be to pay for an expensive boost just to get the pet, and then have that useless char sitting around and taking up a place on the server. Since I want as many pets as possible I am very disappointed about this. :(

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » February 2nd, 2017, 7:53 am

I guess it all depends on our play style, I'm much more concerned by the pvp pets than the class hall ones. All in all, I agree with what's been said above, the area where you could reasonably expect to possess every single one of the pets available in game seems to be coming to an end. I know I'll probably never have the prestige 5 pets on both sides, except maybe if they make them buyable with tokens post extension (and I doubt they will).

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » February 2nd, 2017, 8:21 am

As long as it is like the demon hunter, warlock, and Druid pets I am fine with this. First off the demon hunter and warlock share a pet so one needed to only level one of them. Secondly one didn't need to level them to max level just to 100 and then open the class hall so basically 101. Once that level you can start trying to get the pets.
If it is the same basic design it is fine.
If you don't already have one of every class to 100 what have you been doing? How much time did we have in warlords to level? Also we had the prepatch to legion where one could level toons to max in a few hours.
I always have tried to have one of every class near max level just for professions.
Finally you have at least 4 months to level so it isn't that big of a deal

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » February 2nd, 2017, 9:23 am

Finnelis wrote:I guess it all depends on our play style, I'm much more concerned by the pvp pets than the class hall ones. All in all, I agree with what's been said above, the area where you could reasonably expect to possess every single one of the pets available in game seems to be coming to an end. I know I'll probably never have the prestige 5 pets on both sides, except maybe if they make them buyable with tokens post extension (and I doubt they will).
Well, I have some really bad news for you. They just data-mined achievements for Prestige up to Level 19 so there are probably at least 2 more PvP prestige pets coming down the pipeline.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 2nd, 2017, 12:55 pm

There is a rather nice benefit to WoW's current pet policies. As gotta-catch-'em-all becomes even more impossible for lot of us, I've stopped blowing 50 or 60 bucks (Real Money) on another Blizzard game that I'd probably never play just to get a WoW pet. And not even tempted anymore to look at EBay listings.

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » February 2nd, 2017, 1:51 pm

What will probably do me in as a collector is when they put in pets for Raid achievements like they now do for mounts.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 2nd, 2017, 2:41 pm

I wrote a long opinion post on this topic, but TLDR;

I don't think Blizzard will change their minds about implementing class-specific pets. So some compromise needs to happen.

Suggestions on how they can implement these pets without alienating a lot of collectors (I go into further detail for each idea on my blog):
  • 1. Don't lock the pets behind a high player level, Order Hall talent, or additional RNG.
    2. Have certain classes "share" the same pet (looking at you priests and pallies).
    3. Make the class-specific pets cageable at the start of the next expansion.
Personally, I'm prepared to level as many classes as I need to in order to collect the pet(s) from each Order Hall. However, I do agree that it's an INCREDIBLY daunting and overwhelming task that is simply not viable for everyone. Even the hardest of hardcore collectors would appreciate a compromise here and there with these pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » February 2nd, 2017, 2:45 pm

Ack if they do that (make pets as heroic or mythic raid rewards) then I'm screwed. Going to have to pay for a carry lol.

My big concern is the PVP prestige grind; at 1400 a day (3 tower quests and a 500 honor quest) Its about 35 days per prestige or 250 days to get prestige 7. Now do that on horde and alliance to get both. I sure hope they don't add any more at the higher prestige levels, I'm fine with those existing for the hardcore pvpers but to make pet collector joe do it is too much.

@Quintessence I love your idea of shared pets; ie Paladin and Priest, this would go a long way to making it manageable. I do NOT like the cageable thing though that just makes us have to farm gold. As for RNG, I've had too much RNG in one expansion, I'm getting very tired of it. I sure hope they don't lock the new pets under too much of it!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 2nd, 2017, 2:58 pm

Noel wrote:@Quintessence I love your idea of shared pets; ie Paladin and Priest, this would go a long way to making it manageable. I do NOT like the cageable thing though that just makes us have to farm gold.
No, it doesn't. All it'd mean is if you'd rather spend gold vs rolling an alt you'd have the option of buying it from someone else. If you'd rather not spend the gold and don't mind leveling toons, then you'd get your pets for "free."

I think class only pets would be far more tolerable if they shared between classes, so that you wouldn't have to have ALL classes, just... half? As someone who does not like playing alts, I'd still be screwed, but at least it would seem a more doable task.

Though I suppose now that I think about it, this could almost be a cash grab - I'd almost rather buy a character boost than level a toon. If they switch on the battlenet credits in lieu of wow tokens thing that could almost be the equivalent of buying class only pets.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » February 2nd, 2017, 3:08 pm

True but I'm definitely going to pay 50k or whatever before levelling an alt to 110. My boosts however I could definitely use them for those pets!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 2nd, 2017, 4:06 pm

Peanutty wrote:Though I suppose now that I think about it, this could almost be a cash grab - I'd almost rather buy a character boost than level a toon. If they switch on the battlenet credits in lieu of wow tokens thing that could almost be the equivalent of buying class only pets.
How does it look in the America? I can't see your character boost price.
Our character boosts cost 50€ -- compare that to 10€ for a store pet and 20€ for either a gold token or a mount*.
Anyone wants five pets? :P

*interesting that sometimes the dollar and euro are treated equally and sometimes not. From my perspective at least, the market exchange rate fluctuates between 3:4 and 8:9.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » February 2nd, 2017, 5:42 pm

Paladance wrote:How does it look in the America? I can't see your character boost price.
Our character boosts cost 50€ -- compare that to 10€ for a store pet and 20€ for either a gold token or a mount*.
Anyone wants five pets? :P
US price for character boost is $60. The store pets are $10, mounts $25. Wow token is $20.

Would I pay 3x the token price (in gold) to boost a toon? Yes. I really don't like leveling or playing alts at all, currently have 2 110 toons only because of the PVP Prestige pets.