Pet of the Month - Nether Faerie Dragon

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us
Pet of the Month - Nether Faerie Dragon

Post by Liopleurodon » January 19th, 2017, 11:12 am

Be sure to check out this month's feature on the Nether Faerie Dragon!

How Do You Use Your Nether Faerie Dragon?
The [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet] has seen a bit of a PVE renaissance ever since Draenor. It deals a ton of damage, with a good bit of sustain due to [ability]Life Exchange[/ability]. By a stroke of luck, much of the Draenor tamers use Flying pets, and due to its Dragonkin family and Magic moves, the Nether Faerie is one of the best tools for that particular job. Its success continues because of its flexibility, allowing it to swap to Flying moves too, for people after those elusive Family Familiar achievements.

Life Exchange deserves special mention because the mechanic is so unique, and it gives the Nether Faerie Dragon a ton of extra longevity. It especially shines against single pets early on, but it’s also a great way to minimize the impact of any pets that may enter the battle later in multi-pet scenarios.

There’s a bit of a trade-off here, though. The Nether Faerie excels at DPS, but if you DPS too hard at the wrong time, you end up with a low health opponent when you desperately need to heal. Stagger your [ability]Moonfire[/ability] nukes accordingly!

The Nether Faerie comes in 5 breeds: H/P, P/P, P/B, S/S, and S/B. Of these, the decision is between P/P and S/S. Being as speedy as possible gives better control over the fight, as if you opt to use [ability]Evanescence[/ability] it can also buy you an extra turn of invulnerability. However, because the Nether Faerie is such a glass cannon, the DPS boost from extra Power can’t be dismissed.

Of course in discussing the Nether Faerie, the [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] should also be considered. Its stats aren’t quite as good as the Nether Faerie’s, with higher base Health, lower Speed, and the same Power as the Nether Faerie in the Darter’s single breed, S/S. Sprite Darters are also considerably more expensive, usually over 20,000 gold on most realms at this time. Janu-wary is right.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Brewhemoth
MVP

Re: Pet of the Month - Nether Faerie Dragon

Post by Brewhemoth » January 19th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Fantastic pet of the month! I love Nether Faerie Dragon, and Sprite Darter Hatching even more so! I picked one up years ago on my very first toon. It shall forever be my baby. :D

Both are extremely useful, and having multiple breeds is always a must (P/P, S/S). Definitely recommend this pet (and the plushie!!) to any pet collector.

Olopa
Top Rater
Pet Score:11931
BattleTag®:Olopa#1269
Realm:Bonechewer-us

Post by Olopa » January 20th, 2017, 9:15 am

Sprite Darter is my favorite pet and very good at battle! My first pet to reach level 25 after the release of pet battles :D

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 3rd, 2017, 1:42 am

At the current stage of game I actually find an S/S NFD a bit overrated, because this pet is used mostly:
either against epic and legendary pets that will be faster because of quality,
or against flyers, whose racial gives them the speed boost, and after cancelling it the dragonkin racial oneshots them.

However, when 7.2 hits, one may find a technique where [ability]Temporal Anomaly[/ability] is used. Then it would be a different story, at least in the first case. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507