Eye of Observation Farm Group

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us
Eye of Observation Farm Group

Post by Cypetcollector » January 17th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Would anyone be interested in starting a Eye of Observation ( http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/ma ... servation/ ) farming group? We would need atleast a ongoing group of 4-5 people. We don't need to be all on the same realm, since pets are account bound, it can be done with a trial account ( You have 8 hours of play time till they expire) in the realm we try it on.

Depending on how many people are interest, we could set it up for once a week, or multiple times at a certain time to get together to try.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Eye of Observation Farm Group

Post by Hawg » January 18th, 2017, 2:11 am

Not trying to knock your idea, because I applaud your efforts. But that being said, the mobs are limited in number and pretty easy to solo with a normally geared toon, so you may actually be hurting yourself by grouping up. Back when I farmed for it, I was able to kill the mobs solo faster than they re-spawned. So I had downtime waiting for respawns, that would only get worse with a group.

If you do decide to solo, you could also use something like the cross-realm-assist addon to change realms when waiting for respawns, that would make it even faster.

It only took me about an hour till it dropped, but that is ofc RNG.

Good luck :)

Kionine
Pet Score:13760
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Kionine » January 18th, 2017, 2:18 am

FYI it's my impression that the droprate are increased tremendously if you have a quest in the area.

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » January 18th, 2017, 10:19 am

I would just like to point out that Cypetcollector is talking about the pet that drops from the rare Orumo the Observer in Talador.

I'm on EU realms so I can't help you out, but I hope you find some people who up for farming it.
Last edited by Ravyn on January 20th, 2017, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Cypetcollector » January 18th, 2017, 10:54 am

@HAWG This is for the EYE OF OBSERVATION, which requires 4 (with a warlock, not sure if you could cheese it further with 3 locks...) to 5 people to summon a rare with a 10% drop rate on pet in Draenor (WoD content), as in the title, and the link provided. Not the EYE OF INQUISITION, which is a legion drop you can farm solo.

And before someone suggest just keep buying cards, that's the EYE of the LEGION. Or just rolling a DH or Lock, that's the Hateful Eye, or to grind rep, that's the Extinguished Eye
Last edited by Cypetcollector on January 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » January 18th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Good luck on your farming. May the RNG gods be kind to you. I'm really odd play hours and already have the pet via AH. If I'm on and you need another, I'd be willing to help. Someone did a kind pet thing for me, and I'd be willing to pay it forward.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » January 19th, 2017, 4:17 am

Cypetcollector wrote:@HAWG This is for the EYE OF OBSERVATION, which requires 4 (with a warlock, not sure if you could cheese it further with 3 locks...) to 5 people to summon a rare with a 10% drop rate on pet in Draenor (WoD content), as in the title, and the link provided. Not the EYE OF INQUISITION, which is a legion drop you can farm solo.

And before someone suggest just keep buying cards, that's the EYE of the LEGION. Or just rolling a DH or Lock, that's the Hateful Eye, or to grind rep, that's the Extinguished Eye
Oops sorry my reading fail, good luck though :) I just snagged one off the AH.