Share pet collecting news and advice.
Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us
Pet Collector's Shoulder Enchant

Post by Worgenbait » January 10th, 2017, 6:32 pm

Not sure this was covered somewhere else, but there is a new pet collector's shoulder enchant. You can pick it up at the pet shop in Dalaran, and it can drop bags with numerous pet related items. Just thought I would bring it up in case it wasn't known.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Pet Collector's Shoulder Enchant

Post by Gráinne » January 10th, 2017, 10:48 pm

Thanks for the post! I hadn't noticed.

It seems that

http://www.wowhead.com/item=144346/boon ... -zookeeper

may give you

http://www.wowhead.com/item=144345/pile-of-pet-goodies

which seems to contain the usual pet reward stuff, from Battle-Stones and Pet Charms down to Hair Balls.

Shouldn't we need to be Revered with Dragonkin or something to get this? :)

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » January 11th, 2017, 12:03 am

Nope. I got this on my level 105 I'm leveling, so unlike the others, not sure if there is a rep requirement. I see something on Wowhead about Kirin Tor rep, but I have no idea as I've been exalted with them for ages.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 11th, 2017, 12:54 am

Worgenbait wrote:Not sure this was covered somewhere else, but there is a new pet collector's shoulder enchant. You can pick it up at the pet shop in Dalaran, and it can drop bags with numerous pet related items. Just thought I would bring it up in case it wasn't known.
which "pet related items" are we talking about?

I vendor/destroy cookies, leashes etc as fast as I get them. Bandage I only keep, when I'm lower than a full stack (250), which is rare, so only charms (which I have 1500-1900 of) and stones gets saved..

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 11th, 2017, 2:36 pm

I took my 98 druid to Dalaran as soon as he got the Legion starter quest, and he was able to buy this item. I guess any level could buy, but pre-98 would need a mage to get them to New Dalaran.

Have looted one bag so far; it contained 9 pet charms, 1 flawless undead stone, 4 pet biscuits and a junk item. That one came from Broken Isles, am currently slaughtering things in Dread Wastes (still green) to see if the bags can be looted from pre-Legion content.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » January 16th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Graven wrote:That one came from Broken Isles, am currently slaughtering things in Dread Wastes (still green) to see if the bags can be looted from pre-Legion content.
I've been doing the same on a sub-level 20 alt in N.Barrens and Ashenvale. So far, no luck. Will keep trying though!

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » January 17th, 2017, 5:26 am

Something just happened I thought you might be interested in.

I put this enchant on my alt on a second account and took him and my main to Azsuna and farmed some mobs. Both characters had the enchant on their shoulders. I AOE'd everything down on my main and did not touch any of the mobs on my alt. The alt was able to loot and after about 20 minutes of farming, I got 2 Pile of Pet Goodies at the same time, and my main got nothing. I'm not sure what to make of this but I found it interesting.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/4ynKWXx.jpg

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 17th, 2017, 6:30 am

Ok so I've had about 4-5 bags drop so far. All have been while questing in Broken Isles, haven't managed to get any from pre-Legion content. Drop rate isn't very high, it took on average a couple of hours of questing for each drop. It's not daily though, I did have two drop for the same character on the same day, a few hours apart.

Has anyone had any bags drop outside of a Broken Isles zone? A recent wowhead comment suggests they can only drop from outdoor mobs in Legion, but it would good to verify this if we can.

Sodacat
Pet Score:5604
Realm:Thunderlord-us

Post by Sodacat » January 18th, 2017, 2:08 pm

I want to say I had one drop inside a LFG heroic, but I could be miss-remembering that.

Shashos
Pet Score:13727
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Shashos » January 18th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Graven wrote:Has anyone had any bags drop outside of a Broken Isles zone? A recent wowhead comment suggests they can only drop from outdoor mobs in Legion, but it would good to verify this if we can.
I have had no luck so far on one dropping outside of the Isles, so I'm guessing it is true about Legion only content.