Pets from "Mastering the Menagerie" quest

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Pets from "Mastering the Menagerie" quest

Post by Paladance » December 27th, 2016, 11:02 am

After the Legion launch, has anyone seen any of Mastering the Menagerie pets such as [pet]Firewing[/pet] or [pet]Weebomination[/pet]?

I still do that quest and I haven't seen any since the time Pet Charm amount was reduced (Erris/Kura are OK).

Is it possible that these pets have been kicked out of the loot table? A thought they'd be unobtainable seems a bit peculiar…
Last edited by Paladance on January 7th, 2017, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Soleric
Pet Score:1012
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: So since the Menagerie nerf…

Post by Soleric » December 27th, 2016, 12:10 pm

I just barely got my lvl 3 menagerie and startetd doing the dailies, but havent seen any yet. Theyre prices seem decent on the AH tho so there seems to be a supply of them still. When did menagerie get nerfed?

Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Cypetcollector » December 27th, 2016, 2:02 pm

I had a Weebomination just drop for me 30 seconds ago.

They nerfed the pet token rewards in Draenor to half about when legion hit.

Something weird I did notice is that Kira I see her on different characters. She wasn't up on my 110 Rogue, but I check with my 107 DH and she was. She was also there for my 110 War, but the quest wasn't available after I did it with my DH.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » December 27th, 2016, 2:42 pm

Cypetcollector wrote:I had a Weebomination just drop for me 30 seconds ago.
Ah, thanks -- and congrats. ;-)
Something weird I did notice is that Kira I see her on different characters. She wasn't up on my 110 Rogue, but I check with my 107 DH and she was. She was also there for my 110 War, but the quest wasn't available after I did it with my DH.
Yes, the quests are now account-wide, though for some reasons you can't go to Alliance garrison battlin' Erris if you picked up the Horde version or the other way around. :(

So I've read that you can't get a pet to drop if you have already one in the journal, but not all people seemed to agree with that. Still, that combined with now account-wide character of the quest would explain the thing. Was it your first Weebo?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 27th, 2016, 4:42 pm

I don't know if this has changed post-Legion, but prior to the expansion the drops from the garrison Menagerie were character-specific. That is, each pet was a one-time drop per character.

I've had the pets in my journal for a while, but still had the pets drop for newly dinged level 100s alts (level 3 Menagerie of course).

Edit: Should note that this doesn't include the Erris/Kura pet drops. Those are completely random from what I've seen.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Grolorm
Pet Score:2200
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Grolorm » December 28th, 2016, 11:13 am

I just got the ghastly kid pet(last one I needed), haven't seen any drop from kira yet though.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » December 28th, 2016, 11:31 am

That's a bit disappointing :( from the "today" perspective, you're going to pay quite a bribe (more than WH shows) to get the result!

Why can't they use Apexis instead?! P:

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 28th, 2016, 4:06 pm

Got a Weebomination this morning from battling Eleanor in the Garrsion.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » December 30th, 2016, 8:03 am

Quintessence wrote:I don't know if this has changed post-Legion, but prior to the expansion the drops from the garrison Menagerie were character-specific. That is, each pet was a one-time drop per character.

I've had the pets in my journal for a while, but still had the pets drop for newly dinged level 100s alts (level 3 Menagerie of course).

Edit: Should note that this doesn't include the Erris/Kura pet drops. Those are completely random from what I've seen.

Really I have gotten multiples of those pets pre and post nerf. I have a personal guild bank full of those pets and sell them on multiple servers for gold as need be.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 6th, 2017, 2:00 pm

I did an experiment last February. NONE of my other toons had gotten more than one of a particular pet from a menagerie bag, but all of them (save my newest 100, the boosted toon) had gotten all of them, once each. My boosted toon had all but two, and then this happened accidentally at first, and was repeated a few times to confirm.

I made sure my toon's bags were full when I turned in the quest, only one slot open, for the bag of pet supplies itself. Open the bag. You get MAILED the pet then. Then I did it again. And again, then a few more times. And had three puddle terrors or whatever they're called and two or three kaliris. Made sure to do the daily on that toon every single day to test.

I checked with GMs, because I didn't want to be accused of exploiting. They said there's a micro chance for each pet to drop again for each toon after the first time. I don't know if that's changed with the pre-patch, and I haven't opened a level 3 menagerie after the fact, but GM reported drop rates are "easy to get the first one, then super hard to get another, almost non-existent" according to the one I spoke to. It wasn't considered an exploit, so the extras weren't taken away.

I'm considering trying again with my newest menagerie toon (I opened a garrison on my DH for kicks and giggles).
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Deamo
Top Rater
Pet Score:8007
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Deamo » January 7th, 2017, 5:31 am

Got them both in about 3 days straight repeating Pet daily :-)

Paladance

Post by Paladance » January 7th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Hey, thanks for your research and endurance, @Darolyn! :) I hope it shall repay for all these thousands spent on the Menageries.

Changed a thread title to not include any particular time.