1000 Pet Achievement

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us
1000 Pet Achievement

Post by Dolz » December 18th, 2016, 2:45 pm

It will be the next expac before anyone can reach this number. However; its not too early to make suggestions especially since we didn't get a nnn Pet Achievement this time.

I would like to suggest that since this will be a real milestone achievement that Blizz does something really special. Instead of creating a pet how about letting the folks choose one pet that they don't have. This would include foreign only, no longer available in game, and hideously expensive pets. It would give folks a chance to get that one pet they always lusted over, but knew they could never get a real incentive to complete this achievement.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: 1000 Pet Achievement

Post by Quintessence » December 18th, 2016, 6:25 pm

I wouldn't mind getting a chance to pick a now unavailable pet as a reward for collecting 1k unique pets!

But part of me doubts that Blizzard will ever make this happen. I could see maybe regional pets (like the Asian-only ones) be re-released, but others such as CE and promotional pets available to all regions... let's just say I'm not holding my breath. XD

Other than a pet, I'd love to have a toy that allows you to have 3-5 of your pets out at once. With 1k pets, we'll need a way to appreciate more than just one at a time! :P

Kind of like the Druid class hall ability that allows multiple critters to follow you around, except the toy would allow you to pick pets from your collection. 2 minute cooldown on the toy, but the effect persists until canceled.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 19th, 2016, 1:15 am

Isn't a RaF reward pool an example of these? :)

I'd like to have a pet on the character's shoulder (or a back in case of the non-moonkin druid forms). I know that would provide some unfortunate implications on extreme temperatures, smell and so on, but c'mon, magic has already allowed to endure a lot of inconveniences!

Or a toy that provides you a vision of a place suitable or having been a homeland of your summoned pet. In most of the cases* the companion starts behaving like it was really there (though there may be a bit too many places to implement, and on the other hand, the mundane critters would get boring fast :D Oh, and works only on pet that can battle, because balloons and guild pages… Ehm. And K'ute would likely end at a priest hall anyway.).

On stampedes… Perhaps it'd end on a random due to UI reasons, and it'd end in strange combinations, be them favourite pets or not. What reminds me that we should have had an option to attribute a fav pet to a character. :mrgreen:

Considering we have a mount for a toy galore, maybe there is another mount in plans aswell. A rabbit or squirrel mount, for example. But that doesn't reflect the variety of the existence.
…or a shapeshifting mount? :twisted:

*Because of a certain companion dropping from the Black Temple, there have to be exceptions, okay?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » December 19th, 2016, 7:35 am

Even though i dont really collect mounts, I think they are the best way to "brag" in game; titles, tmog sets, fancy weapons, etc are other ways to brag, but nothing really captures the attention more than someone sitting in Org or SW or Dala on an awesome mount that is extremely difficult to get.

For that reason, i would like to see two unique and awesome mounts for this: the base one for hitting 1000 uniques, the second one (even more cool) for having all 1000 at the highest quality and level.

That second one is the one that would really seperate the diehard collectors since the 1000 would eventually be easy (maybe take a couple of expansions though) but 1000 at max quality and level will always be a challenge.

A completely seperate idea: a multi-person water vehicle, that is our own boat, Noah's Arc, with all 1000 of our pets running arround. I would love that :)

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » December 23rd, 2016, 2:20 am

800 Unique Pets - Cage has 100% chance of capturing a wild pet

900 Unique Pets - Improved Safari Hat. Provides 50% increase in pet experience.

1000 Unique, Rare, Level 25 Pets - A legendary battle stone which turns a level 25 rare pet to an epic pet.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » December 23rd, 2016, 5:05 am

How about having an 'Ahead of the Curve' type achievement which includes a special extra reward (to be agreed) and requires completion of the achievement within the specified patch/expansion it was introduced.

The 'normal' reward would be available as and when people reach the target but the special reward would be for a limited time.

As for the special reward my vote is for a Legendary non-battle level 25 pet. But whatever it is it could get me out of 'retirement'

Peterc (in game pet collector - retired)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 23rd, 2016, 5:43 am

I really, really hope it was sarcasm. *shudders*

But if it wasn't, the way it's described misses the original point a bit. The pets don't progress any further, the roster does.

A more relevant example would be "Complete (all wings of) Celestial Tournament using only pets introduced before Warlords of Draenor". What nota bene doesn't, and doesn't have to involve any time limit.

That would be a bit more acceptable to me. It still depends on a feeling of pressure that would it have caused anyway, tho.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 23rd, 2016, 5:28 pm

Obviously everyone's going to suggest things they'd want to see (a mount, epic pets, etc). Personally I love Quint's idea of having something similar to the druid critter army, just with our favorite battle pets (with maybe an auto shut off when you're in a raid group, because the last thing we need is more clutter during raids).

But realistically... they'll just award another pet lol.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » December 23rd, 2016, 9:36 pm

Hawg wrote:For that reason, i would like to see two unique and awesome mounts for this: the base one for hitting 1000 uniques, the second one (even more cool) for having all 1000 at the highest quality and level.
That second one is the one that would really seperate the diehard collectors since the 1000 would eventually be easy (maybe take a couple of expansions though) but 1000 at max quality and level will always be a challenge.
Sorry but "die hard" pets are for raids/pvp and thats where they should stay! I would prefer a special pet for 1000 unique ones.
Caesarromanus wrote:1000 Unique, Rare, Level 25 Pets - A legendary battle stone which turns a level 25 rare pet to an epic pet.
Thats just NO.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » December 26th, 2016, 7:28 am

Drudatz wrote:
Hawg wrote:For that reason, i would like to see two unique and awesome mounts for this: the base one for hitting 1000 uniques, the second one (even more cool) for having all 1000 at the highest quality and level.
Sorry but "die hard" pets are for raids/pvp and thats where they should stay! I would prefer a special pet for 1000 unique ones.
Caesarromanus wrote:1000 Unique, Rare, Level 25 Pets - A legendary battle stone which turns a level 25 rare pet to an epic pet.
Thats just NO.
I assume by "die hard pets" you mean mounts?

The problem imho with the reward being just another pet is at that point, with 1000 pets, the only people who will even recognize it as being a "special pet" is other pet collectors. Whereas for unique awesome mounts, even non-collectors will want to know more about what it is and how you earned it.

Giving another pet as a reward would be nice, but only imho if it is accompanied by something else (like a mount) that is "visible" to other non-collectors.

I see no reason to say special mounts should be limited to raids and pvp, they have special mounts as rewards for other things like the purple proto-drake, or some that are just rare spawns like the time lost protodrake.

Peterc

Post by Peterc » December 27th, 2016, 6:14 am

The reward shouldn't be a mount imo, BUT how about;

The reward being a non-battle pet that you can mount.

This would just be mount, not ride or fly (its not a mount its a pet), but would allow people who have it to show it off like a mount.

Hopefully this idea does not cause too many 'shudders' in the pet collecting community.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)

Marisanna
MVP
Pet Score:8203
BattleTag®:Marisanna#1185
Realm:Drak'thul-us

Post by Marisanna » December 27th, 2016, 8:39 am

As someone who busted my ass off to try for the spirit of competition only to have the RNG gods never deem me worthy to have it drop during the olympic event in 2008...and then blizz to never do it again like they claimed would happened every two years. I would love for this pet to become available or better yet, cageable.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » December 27th, 2016, 11:00 am

Honestly, I doubt that they'll have a huge reward for this. (5k PvP wins for a few achieve points, anyone?), but if they do, I'd like to see them give access a special vendor, much like the ethereal soul trader, except that the vendor allows you buy pets that you don't currently have access to. The currency could be something difficult to collect, like one coin from defeating a grand master tamer, and needing 500 to buy a pet. Blizz is in the business of selling game time, and this gives them a win as well as us. We get access to pets we don't have, and they get people to spend a few hours per day flying the tamer circuits again

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 27th, 2016, 3:21 pm

Peterc wrote:The reward being a non-battle pet that you can mount.
My mind instantly went to Wonderous Wisdomball. I too would like to fly around on top of a giant Khadgar head in a ball!

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 28th, 2016, 6:51 pm

I really like the idea of a mount reward for 1k pets. They did it with the 300 toy reward so the precedent has been set.
I agree another pet reward seems quite "meh" especially after getting 1000 of the dang things.

I have the perfect mount reward that reflects our passion:

SNAIL MOUNT!!!!

It references Dr. Doolittle who loves animals and talked to them. Also references The Neverending Story, a well loved book and movie.
This is a unique mount that would really set us apart. Eventually with all the pets being added mount collectors would be able to get it. And as this is a fantasy world it could even sprout wings or slime flaps to enable it to fly. I think there was even a racing snail on the Timeless Isle that would show up occasionally near the Celestial Tournament.

Peterc

Post by Peterc » December 29th, 2016, 6:20 am

I like the idea of a giant snail pet - wouldn't be a mount but a pet you can sit atop and show off.

If it is a mount it drags Mount collectors into collecting 1000 pets which is to much imo. Just like having to collect 500 mounts (or whatever the mount level = to 1000 pets would be) for a pet would be wrong.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » December 29th, 2016, 4:54 pm

I think a mount would be a very apropriate reward... obtainability shouldn't be an issue. As the game progresses, 1k pets will become more and more accessible to anyone overtime, and its not like mounts are always meant to be obtained by all (think of PvP reward mounts, mounts with a 100% dropchance off current content hardest difficulty... Almost fitting, really, to give 'hardcore' pet collecting a place in that list). I really like the snail idea, especially if it was slow like a turtle. Maybe a big Zoom? ;)

Other then that, as it is a pet achievement, if there is anything, it will probebly be a pet. I'd giggle at a yellow rodent with stripes, because you know you gotta catch 'm all ;)

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » December 30th, 2016, 3:10 am

I'd tap the brakes on the pet following thing. I pulled out Mylune for the last couple of days and it's just like I remembered - darned annoying. The critters that follow you are always moving around. It's neat at first because they constantly change. But eventually you get tired of leading a parade.

What I'd like to see is an updated version of the pet menagerie. A place you could personalize with banners and flags. A home base for PvP battles. An exclusive PvP queue for the 1000 pet club only. Home and away matches. Fans in the stands that cheer or boo your moves. I know it will never happen, but a guy can dream.

Speaking of dreams, I wish it would unlock pet breeding. I know that will never take place, but might as well wish big!