Confused about Squirt

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luc2919
Pet Score:3874
BattleTag®:Lucrenda3516#1305
Realm:Thrall-us
Confused about Squirt

Post by Luc2919 » December 20th, 2016, 11:31 pm

I see she's in the garrison but are we still able to use her over and over to lvl battle pets? I read she was nerfed so I'm not sure.

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Confused about Squirt

Post by Cluey » December 20th, 2016, 11:53 pm

So instead of trying it to see you thought you'd ask someone else to do it for you?

*baffled* :? :? :?

Luc2919
Pet Score:3874
BattleTag®:Lucrenda3516#1305
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Luc2919 » December 20th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Cluey wrote:So instead of trying it to see you thought you'd ask someone else to do it for you?

*baffled* :? :? :?

yeah I know I am going to delete this post lol It was stupid of me lol I'm fairly new to using her to powerlvl pets And I wasn't asking anyone to do it for me. I just wasn't sure how it worked.

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » December 21st, 2016, 12:26 am

I happened to just do her, I can't do much else with a pounding head. :-(

Seems to be overly rewarding given it's repeatable!
So I'd say it's still working for power levelling pets.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 21st, 2016, 1:09 am

Yes, just keep doing her. You don't need the quest. You get lots of XP with each battle.

If you have Pet Charms, this is a good time to buy and use a Pet Treat and Lesser Pet Treat. Their effects stack, so you can use both at the same time for even more XP per battle.

You will find you settle into a routine after the first half-hour.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » December 21st, 2016, 4:26 pm

I leveled my pets to Lv 5 in Pandaria before starting my Squirt run. Using an MPD Explode strat in one battle (try the little ravine next to Aki the Chosen, no mobs, very predictable set of pets to battle against) you can run 2, level 1 pets up to high enough level to use the MPD + Ghost Skull strat for Squirt later at your garrison. Doing so gets your Leveling Pet to 25 in two fights vs Squirt w/out any treats required (that was my experience at least). Maybe using both Pet Treats means going from low level to 25 in a single Squirt fight. I was doing some work while doing so and it seemed a waste to bother with the treats tbh.

Clearly I need to dig up a Bronze Whelpling and Widget the Departed before the Next Squirt Superday.

Lordblacknail
Pet Score:9097
BattleTag®:Stormey0317#1264
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Lordblacknail » December 21st, 2016, 4:54 pm

i was averaging lvl 1 to lvl 18 with one fight, got one crazy 1 to 25. Used Broom, weebonation, and carry level 1.

Starshelle
Pet Score:8403
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Starshelle » December 21st, 2016, 5:02 pm

I spent so much time doing this yesterday. My favorite leveling team was S/S Bronze whelping and Widget. Whelping takes down the first one with Tail Sweep, then takes a big chunk out of Tyri with Early Advantage before dying. Widget turns the Darkness against him by finishing off with Spectral Strike. Swap in level pet while Puzzle dodges. Bring in Widget and Prowl and then one shot Puzzle with Spectral Strike since Darkness is still up.

Zenon
Top Rater
Pet Score:4709
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Zenon » December 21st, 2016, 6:31 pm

Starshelle wrote:I spent so much time doing this yesterday. My favorite leveling team was S/S Bronze whelping and Widget. Whelping takes down the first one with Tail Sweep, then takes a big chunk out of Tyri with Early Advantage before dying. Widget turns the Darkness against him by finishing off with Spectral Strike. Swap in level pet while Puzzle dodges. Bring in Widget and Prowl and then one shot Puzzle with Spectral Strike since Darkness is still up.
Yes, it is so very very good. Did have to work yesterday, so didn't get as many done I as I wanted to. But that stat is so very satisfying. Also don't need to use any treats, it level 1 to 25 regardless in two pet battles. Only time I found treats useful if you had pet at level 16 or that you needed to level. Using treat would allow you to wrap it in one battle.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 22nd, 2016, 7:47 am

Hi,

Yesterday ... on bonus week, too!

With Safari Hat (didn't try other ideas)
Level 1 became 17
Level 17 became 25

Level 3 became 18
Level 4 became 19

It was worth it to say the lest, and my suggestion to my neighbor was to get all those low levels up, and save the stones.

Wouldn't you know it. I ended up buying the pup in the Garrison for 200 PC's. But all my pets are up at 25 and now need a few more PC's to get a few more blue stones!

There is no better way to level things up, other than Squirt, and specially ... in the Bonus Week! I have not done any battles this week otherwise, to see how much or how little. After Squirt, some of that information just seems trivial and frustrating!

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 22nd, 2016, 7:52 am

Lordblacknail wrote:i was averaging lvl 1 to lvl 18 with one fight, got one crazy 1 to 25. Used Broom, weebonation, and carry level 1.
Used Fjord Worg Pup (P/P used /// careful, a different breed did not make It and I dumped it), and Ghastly Kid, using the Howl setup, which fails about 10% of the time, if Deebs hits a Critical at the wrong time. No biggie ... reset ... go! Used Level 1's, Level 2's, Level 3's and 4's ... and cleared all those in the inventory to a much easier place to finish.