Xu'Fu is finally viable in PvP Pet battle! (Detailed Guide)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
The_5kull
Pet Score:2078
Realm:Malorne-eu
Xu'Fu is finally viable in PvP Pet battle! (Detailed Guide)

Post by The_5kull » December 20th, 2016, 5:05 am

Xu' Fu was the first pet i bouht from the celestial tournament. But unfortunately he was a bit weak in pvp because of his low helath pool even though he hits like a truck. But since the newest addon our beloved cutenessoverload tiger is usefull in pvp pet battle.
If you ask how that is possible because he himself was not changed at all in the latest patches? The answer is the addition of new pets that synergize extremely well with him. The pet that makes him truly shine is Stardust with his moves Starfall (played well it counters Darkness teams through overwriting their weather) and Celestial Blessing. Starfall changes the wheather to Moonlight which makes Xu' Fus Spirit Claws a 100% hit chance attack that deals 494 damage. Also it enables you to use Feed instead of Moonfire whith a 25% increase in healing (440). Thanks to Celestial blessing you can not get rushed down and you can combo your attacks with Prowl. Prowl can be activated in rounds where the enemy uses some escape or blind mechanics. Once he can not escape your attacks your Spirit Claws will hit for 1235 Damage and Feed with 882 (+ 1103 healing because of Moonshine). If you get a lot of damage to get below 50% health (remember Xu' Fu only gets half the damage because of Celestial blessing which means you need to get over 1400 damage) your Damage is further increased by your racial 25% damage buff. Resulting in 1543 Damage Spirit Claws and 1103 Damage and 1375 Healing Feed!!! This will one shot most of the pets you battle against.

The pet i found to be most usefull with these two is an S/S Wicked Soul. You start your battle with Wicked Soul and Haunt. In most cases you get just free damage from this and can swap in Stardust. Stardust is used to activate Celestial Blessing and Starfall for Moonlight weather. Then swap to Xu' Fu which gets blessed. Start with Spirit Claws or Prowl in some cases even with Feed depending on the enemy pet. (keep in mind the Prowl lasts two rounds and will not get lost if you miss) After you have healed up with Feed and killed the enemy pet you can switch back to your Wicked Soul. Now you can cast Haunting Song to heal up Stardust in the back row which heals for 224 normally but with Moonlight still up for 280. Cast Shadowshock until Haunt is available then Haunt. -> Start from the beginning until you win^^

There are some Pets that you will struggle sligthly against. One is Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling with his Decoy (you should try to get rid of one with Starfall) And the hated Teroclaw Hatchling which proffits from Moonlight as well but can be out damaged by your Xu' Fu. If you dont face both in combination with a Fiendish Imp that messes with your rotation using Nethergate you will stomp the enemy team into the ground!

Have fun testing. (you can keep grammar and typing errors)
Pls let me know how this team works for you.

Greetings The_5kull

Barlenor
Top Rater
Pet Score:9972
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Re: Xu'Fu is finally viable in PvP Pet battle! (Detailed Gui

Post by Barlenor » December 23rd, 2016, 4:50 pm

Really enjoying this team, the decision making is much more engaging than other teams I was playing. Thank you for posting this.

So far I am 25-2-1. Going to be playing more over the weekend, and I will post my final thoughts.

The_5kull

Post by The_5kull » December 26th, 2016, 4:04 am

Thanks for trying it out. I would love to see your final thoughts and results. So far it seems to run great for you^^

Barlenor
Top Rater
Pet Score:9972
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Barlenor » December 27th, 2016, 12:41 pm

I ended this week with a record of 74-6-1

This team felt strong the entire week and was able to take out most teams without much issue. A well played Teroclaw/Imp team is hard to beat with any team really, but I found that I could win this match up sometimes if the Teroclaw Hatchling blew his dodge early against Stardust. This team struggles against MPD (Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling), Decoy is hard for this team to deal with, Stardust gets recked by breath, and Bombing Run is annoying for Xu-Fu. However I was able to beat a double decoy (MPD and Darkmoon Zeplin) and Unborn Valk team. It is very important to correctly guess what your opponent is going to do with this team such as if their team has a weather changing ability, if they are able to dodge and making sure that your do not prowl if they have a dodge available. It feels like if you waste your prowl you are very likely going to lose the match.

This team was really fun to play for this week, often times Haunt would widdle down the opponent to ~1k hp and then Celestial blessed Xu-Fu would kill their pet, I would bring wicked soul back out and haunting song would put all my pets back to full HP. This team also benefits from people not really knowing what your game plan is, most teams would just waste their avoidance moves against Stardust when I was casting celestial blessing anyways and then Xu-Fu is free to deal massive damage.

I am going to play this team way past the end of this pet battle bonus event since it has been such a fun and unique team. I am interested to see how it does in the off bonus event meta. Thank you so much for posting it, I was really getting tired of playing the Meta teams (Darkness, Clone Dance, and Wicked Soul/Teroclaw)

Sorry for the scattered thoughts, posting this from work.

The_5kull

Post by The_5kull » December 29th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Barlenor wrote:I ended this week with a record of 74-6-1
These are amazin stats. Even though there were lots of opponents that did not realy know what to do this week. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » January 2nd, 2017, 9:18 am

You do know it is still weak because all one has to do is change the weather and this team is in big trouble right?