Level character via pet battles on Broken Isle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Whitemist
MVP
Pet Score:6836
Realm:Kazzak-eu
Level character via pet battles on Broken Isle

Post by Whitemist » December 18th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Ok, so I'm set on gear to take on 110, but insanely bored of questing, so figured I'd do the last 2 levels via pet battles. What's the best spot in Broken Isle to do this? Like MoP had Halfhill, WoD had Frostfire Ridge. Where would you go in Legion? All suggestion welcome :)

P.S Already sorted on rep for WQs, so no need to worry about that either.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Re: Level character via pet battles on Broken Isle

Post by Merana » December 18th, 2016, 7:28 pm

I really like grinding out the critters around Lorlathil, but the respawns aren't quite as fast as the MoP or WoD spots you mentioned.
Since this location is a town there won't be a lot of, if any, enemy mobs coming your way either.

Rotoboy
Pet Score:5414
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Rotoboy » December 18th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Heya, I don't know if it's as nice as the MoP / WoD spots, respawn wise, but I kind of like the areas around and just west of Valdisdall in Stormheim. There as well as across the bridge, north of Talonrest. There always seems to be lots of battles available, mainly [pet]Rose Taipan[/pet], [pet]Black-Footed Fox Kit[/pet], and the occasional Turkey or [pet]Golden Eaglet[/pet].

If you don't stray too far west, there aren't many, if any, mobs in most of the area so you ought to be able to just run around battling.

Whitemist
MVP
Pet Score:6836
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Whitemist » December 19th, 2016, 3:52 am

Thanks for your answers! I will absolutely try those :)

Mikk
Pet Score:1792
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Mikk » December 21st, 2016, 6:04 pm

I leveled 2 levels doing pandaria dailies.
15k xp ea

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 22nd, 2016, 6:58 pm

Hi,

In general, if I have to do some levelling of pets, in Legion, I end up going to Val'sharah up and down the road ... though you might get tired of Gleamhoof's. After that, the area around the road in High Mountain from Witchwood, is just full of rabbits and other easy pets to take down, and level your characters in the middle. Stroheim along the road near Valdisdal is also a good area and fairly safe.

For me, this area is only good to level the pets closer to 25 (I do 20's and up. 18 and 19 fine, but you have to be careful in choosing the spots!), and I don't recall doing any lower levels in Legion at all. Mostly I do 1-5 in Orgrimmar, 6 to 8 in the North Barrens, and then Ashlei, and from then on mostly stones until near the top. But when Squirt is on, it's an easy 10 levels from 1, and it's faster all around.

But, try to center things around the monthly (bi-monthly I think, don't remember!) and Squirt as much as possible. You can easily do 500 levels in one day with her, whereas with your daily battles, even if 10 or 15 pet battles, you will only get about 10 levels at best, with some of the extras involved. While that can take 3 or 4 hours, in the end, it's a lot less than you will spend otherwise with the exception that you did it all in one evening or afternoon or morning.

AND, at the very least ... the Safari Hat is a must, even though it's only 10%. Think about it ... that's like 2+ levels every 25.

Hope this helps