Knockoff Blingtron idea

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us
Knockoff Blingtron idea

Post by Mastr » December 13th, 2016, 8:30 am

We need a way to get more of these looted. Only level 800 engineers can summon this after spending about 350 gold. It is only up for a short while and I've read the drop rate is about 0.1%.

Given these facts, when you are about to drop a Blingtron 6000, advertise in trade and make a raid in lfg advertising that you will pay 100k or whatever to the first player to open trade with the pet. This will create urgency to sell it immediately as not every realm has a hardcore collector with gold to burn. Most people will rather have the gold than another pet they will never summon. We real collectors know they have it backwards.

Just thought of a potential problem, can you trade items and gold in a lfg raid?

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Knockoff Blingtron idea

Post by Darkchyld » December 13th, 2016, 10:44 am

You can only trade with people on your server or joint-server. It will work if you advertise in trade chat.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 13th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Hopefully more Blingtron 6ks will be out in the near future. They're adding an item that makes the battery permanent in 7.1.5 (I think?) so you don't have to keep crafting it. (I can't think of the name right now, otherwise I'd link it - sorry!)

Edit: Rechargeable Reaves Battery, no clue where the schematic will come from. Hopefully this goes live in 7.1.5!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Elvisaron
Pet Score:8728
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Elvisaron » December 13th, 2016, 10:55 pm

Isnt it called the Energizer? It keeps going and going and going...

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 14th, 2016, 6:21 am

I hope a permanent battery is coming, that would solve the whole problem. Now I just have to level my engineering!

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » December 16th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Start early because the 780-800 recipes are locked behind mythic dungeons (not accessible for me) so I've been getting 5 per month in Darkmoon Faire.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » December 17th, 2016, 3:33 am

Noel wrote:Start early because the 780-800 recipes are locked behind mythic dungeons (not accessible for me) so I've been getting 5 per month in Darkmoon Faire.
More than happy for Blizzard to introduce Mythic only stuff but why make levelling professions and other game stuff gated behind them?

Peterc (In-game pet collector - retired)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 20th, 2016, 1:33 am

Peterc wrote:
Noel wrote:Start early because the 780-800 recipes are locked behind mythic dungeons (not accessible for me) so I've been getting 5 per month in Darkmoon Faire.
More than happy for Blizzard to introduce Mythic only stuff but why make levelling professions and other game stuff gated behind them?
Oh, because it's an MMO! You can't do anything alone, you *have to* get a company among people just like you and do things together!

…no, just no.

If anything, there's a difference between "people" and "beings that might be people, but also might be just robots or nightmare plotline elements".
What now?

(It's merely a metaphor, alas a quite unfortunate one, and I hope I that one day it doesn't get out of hand.)

I've seen Bling 6k once, in Dalaran of course. I can't even recall what he's given to me, perhaps just a chunk of spirium… or was it a transmog gun.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » December 20th, 2016, 8:14 am

I paid for a guildy to raise his Engineering to 800 (from 790) just so he could drop Bling 6 for me. Cost me about 50-60k but I think it'll be worth it when I get the pet.

We drop the bling in our raid so chances are someone in the raid will get it sooner, but at least I can buy it from them.