Kid vs Soul - whatcha gonna do?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Kid vs Soul - whatcha gonna do?

Post by Gráinne » November 28th, 2016, 2:35 am

PvP battle. First pets out.

Your S/S [pet]Wicked Soul[/pet] with Ghostly Bite, Haunting Song, Haunt, is facing a [pet]Ghastly Kid[/pet].

Clock's ticking. Your move.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Kid vs Soul - whatcha gonna do?

Post by Wootzy » November 28th, 2016, 6:54 am

Your best move is to move out IMHO.
(I never ever open with my Wicked when Kid is into town)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 28th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Yes. The only winning move is not to play. :)

Once before, in one of my earliest PvP battles, I came up against a [pet]Wolpertinger[/pet] that stunned me. And then stunned me again! I had no idea what was going on. I actually let the timer run out trying to understand what just happened. Then I fled. I didn't forfeit - I fled.

This is the first time since then that I just gawped at the screen trying to figure out what to do until the timer ran out. :) I have no idea why I didn't think of the possibility of a Kid in advance, but I didn't.

I played the Wicked Soul in my few recent PvP matches without a thought in the world about the Kid. If I had met a DAH or a flyer, I would have been fine, but I got caught in a loop of "If I Haunt, and he.." and "if I Bite, and he..." like a computer that some SF story character feeds Russell's Paradox to.

Eeeek! I haven't been so flummoxed since the Wolpertinger!

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » December 8th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Biscuit wrote:I've switched to the Cleanse rather than Ethereal on my Kid just for this reason.
Great choice against Valk's as well. :)

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » December 13th, 2016, 1:20 pm

Biscuit wrote:I've switched to the Cleanse rather than Ethereal on my Kid just for this reason.
I've done very few PvP battles but I'm running out of obtainable pets so ...

Cluey hopes they add more pets before he resorts to this

I've got no idea what happens if you use Cleanse while Haunted other than the Haunt ending, what happens to the pet who cast Haunt?

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » December 14th, 2016, 1:23 am

Biscuit wrote:
Cluey wrote:
I've done very few PvP battles but I'm running out of obtainable pets so ...

Cluey hopes they add more pets before he resorts to this

I've got no idea what happens if you use Cleanse while Haunted other than the Haunt ending, what happens to the pet who cast Haunt?
It gets sent to your opponents back line with whatever amount of health it had before it haunted.
Okay, so you use an ability to neutralise the damage and a heal combo but they've still gained a pet swap for no penalty.
That heal combo does sound broken too, it's things like this I never find out about as I just collect and level really.

I should have got the 250 wins OCD point when it was all new, but I'd avoided pets because I knew I'd sink a heap of time into it so I was behind already. I was correct too, you can see that from the pet score to the left!