Kirin Tor emissary freebee

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us
Kirin Tor emissary freebee

Post by Dolz » November 27th, 2016, 11:21 pm

There was a hot fix Sunday to give the Kirin Tor emissary to anyone who was eligible to complete it. This was probably because there have only been two WQ available for it.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Re: Kirin Tor emissary freebee

Post by Index » November 28th, 2016, 4:08 am

Be careful when handing in. On three of my eligible toons, when talking to the NPC there was no screen where the 6 rep factions could be chosen, so I missed out on all that free, extra rep. I failed to notice this at first but if you close the dialogue and re-open the choices returned.

Sad panda, 4500ish total rep lost :/

Index

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 28th, 2016, 4:11 am

Dolz wrote:There was a hot fix Sunday to give the Kirin Tor emissary to anyone who was eligible to complete it. This was probably because there have only been two WQ available for it.
on Saturday, there was three active (Arcway, 2x Like A Wind) and Flying came up Sunday..
Would still be active Monday, if people hadn't completed it already..

I completed it, the normal way, before fix was active (Sunday around 21:45)... Got my worthless (because they are not BoA) rep token and a crate without Wisdom Ball :(

Cahlyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
BattleTag®:Cahlyn#2230
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Cahlyn » November 28th, 2016, 5:37 am

Thank goodness for the hotfix cos those Like the Wind quests were hellish! But 6 hand ins and no Wisdomball makes me sad :( just my luck!

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » November 28th, 2016, 6:55 am

I was surprised to see the freebee, but turned it in without getting a rep-token. I figured it was just all kinds of broken, but was just happy I didn't have to make a second attempt at all those 'Like the Wind' quests.... *shudder*
I'm sad I didn't try more things to get the token, though. I'm still working on my reps and an extra 2kish is always nice.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 28th, 2016, 12:07 pm

With my sad reflexes and very sad FPS, I didn't think Kirin Tor was going to be possible this time around, so the freebie was a great surprise! Turned it in on all of my 110s for a grand total of Zero pets. :( Got some gear for the alts, though, and free rep is good...mostly disappointed, though.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 28th, 2016, 2:41 pm

Cahlyn wrote:Thank goodness for the hotfix cos those Like the Wind quests were hellish! But 6 hand ins and no Wisdomball makes me sad :( just my luck!
I did 5 hand in and NO pet. Looks like they DID NOT increase the drop rate for the pet, but severely lessened the Kirtor appearing, AND made HELL quest Like the wind! That quest is a nightmare and too hard for a clicker!

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 28th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Misstic wrote:
Cahlyn wrote:Thank goodness for the hotfix cos those Like the Wind quests were hellish! But 6 hand ins and no Wisdomball makes me sad :( just my luck!
I did 5 hand in and NO pet. Looks like they DID NOT increase the drop rate for the pet, but severely lessened the Kirtor appearing, AND made HELL quest Like the wind! That quest is a nightmare and too hard for a clicker!
same here.... no item for the quest who lead to the pet....
And i did all the "like the wind " quest before they hotfix .... i am double sad :twisted:

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » November 29th, 2016, 11:24 am

GrosBonda wrote:
Misstic wrote:
same here.... no item for the quest who lead to the pet....
And i did all the "like the wind " quest before they hotfix .... i am double sad :twisted:

So happy to get the quest for the pet on a turn in. Although the quest wasn't a complete piece of cake, I now have a head-in-a-ball following me.

Now I'm just stuck on the Snobold.

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » December 2nd, 2016, 6:04 am

The Kirin Tor emissary freebee is back today!

Just need to logon twice and quest completed - collect your goodies.

Peterc

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » December 2nd, 2016, 9:02 am

Blizzard became mighty strange during the last couple of weeks...

Hope it isn't hotfixed back to the normal quest for you guys who hadn't time to login in yet. It seems there a quite a number of Kirin Tor WQs up anyway.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 2nd, 2016, 10:11 am

The hotfix is still in place. All I did was relog and got credit for one Kirin Tor quest which was enough to get the cache.
Remember the Wisdomball is cageable so look for them to appear on the AH over the next couple days.

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » December 2nd, 2016, 10:56 am

Mastr wrote:Remember the Wisdomball is cageable so look for them to appear on the AH over the next couple days.
Technically that is incorrect. The pet itself cannot be caged. However the pet carrier rewarded by the quest is bind-on-use and can be sold on the AH. :ugeek:

www.piratez.cc

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 2nd, 2016, 11:20 am

Mastr wrote:The hotfix is still in place. All I did was relog and got credit for one Kirin Tor quest which was enough to get the cache.
I had to relog multiple times to get it to trigger the auto-complete.

There are a few KT WQs up currently, even though the tracker doesn't highlight them. Makes me a little wary if the hotfix was intended for this second appearance of the KT emissary.

Edit: But of course, completing any of the KT WQs doesn't count toward the emissary. Looks like you NEED to relog until it auto-completes for you if you want today's cache. :?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » December 2nd, 2016, 12:00 pm

Got my 7x emissary caches on the 1st try on each character without re-logging required (no quest item or legendary items though). :)

However the Kirin Tor WQs seem to randomly appear and disappear on my map when I switch between characters or finish a Kirin Tor WQ. For example I finished "Barrels of fun" in Val'Sharah and the "Barrels of fun" in Suramar is gone as well. :?

edit: Seems that once you have done the emissary, the Kirin Tor WQs just disappear regardless of time left. :cry: :roll:

edit2: Now my other emissary quests from yesterday re-appeared. Somehow they have to practice that hotfixing thing a bit more... :lol:

www.piratez.cc