Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Re: Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Post by Peanutty » December 1st, 2016, 5:55 pm

I can't *not* pet battle just because some rewards are out of my reach. I'm closing in on PR3 on one toon and working on PR1 on a second, strictly for pets. I doubt I'll be able to keep doing these PVP WQs forever though, so boring. ;)

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » December 1st, 2016, 6:54 pm

If you really want to see a boring honor grind, go to Tol Barad on a realm/shard cluster/battlegroup that is dominated by your faction. 15 minutes of AFK-ing till you put your guild banner down for ~200 honor every 60 minutes. :|
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » December 19th, 2016, 8:56 am

Finally got my alliance prestige 1 pet. So dreading doing the grind on both Horde and alliance all the way to prestige 5.
I really wish they would give us a choice of rewards. Can't believe I'm only 1/5 of the way to the next pair of them.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 19th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Noel wrote:Nice never even thought of my guild banner!
Sadly, it only works for the 300 honor WQs, not the 500 ones..

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » December 21st, 2016, 1:24 am

Mastr wrote:Finally got my alliance prestige 1 pet. So dreading doing the grind on both Horde and alliance all the way to prestige 5.
I really wish they would give us a choice of rewards. Can't believe I'm only 1/5 of the way to the next pair of them.
Got my Horde one yesterday :)

Alliance is not an option for me :(

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » December 22nd, 2016, 4:36 am

FuxieDK wrote:
It does sort of work with the FFA (500 honor) WQs. If you don't do them in the game world, but use the auto-complete ability from your Order Hall it will grant you the bonus. :D
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » December 22nd, 2016, 7:26 am

Sarajiel wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:
It does sort of work with the FFA (500 honor) WQs. If you don't do them in the game world, but use the auto-complete ability from your Order Hall it will grant you the bonus. :D
Not all classes have that ability..

Druid and Warlock are the two I play most, and none of them have it..

Balrizangor
MVP
Pet Score:8574
BattleTag®:Balrizangor#1255
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Balrizangor » December 22nd, 2016, 2:38 pm

I have to honestly say, after being a pet collector for 12 years after getting my first little spider and ALWAYS getting every pet in WoW (I am missing only Murky by the end of any expac), this is the first time I have seriously considered just stopping my collecting and hanging up my little net.

I don't even have an alliance character, much less one that is 110th and can do this crap my Warlock is. Hell, I barely have alts (in 12 years of WoW, I made 1 DeathKnight when they were new and leveled it casuse LichKing) ...

This is seriously the most messed up thing Blizzard could have done to many pet collectors. I barely have time on the weekends to play, but when I do, I am pushing forward on the Honor thing for my lock and don't even bitch about it, but now to learn I will have to level an alliance alt (I don't even know the layout of their cities, their quests, nothing. And no, I do not wish to relearn the dynamics of WoW again after 12 years of playing it ...) take it thru legion and then prestige it, all before they take these pets away (I have always prided myself on the fact that no matter what, I have always gotten every pet a US player can, except murky) when I can barely get my Lock to finish his prestige ...

I am truly just floored that Blizzard thought this was a good or even fun thing to put in the game. I get hard quests for pets rare drops, etc ... I'll farm a MOB for hours and days to get any pet (and have done so) but to force me into having to make a character on a faction I have never had any interest in playing or even looking into, that is really messed up on their part.

This is really the kind of thing that would get me to permanently quit WoW, not being able to get my pets and not because I gave up farming, but because I am being forced to have to make 3 different new characters I have never wanted to even look at and 1 of them on the opposite faction I know nothing about (Druid for 2 class pets, Shaman for 1 and whatever-alliance for the other) ...

Yeah, this all seems like "fun pet collecting" ... thanks Blizz ...

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » December 22nd, 2016, 4:06 pm

FuxieDK wrote: Not all classes have that ability..

Well Warlocks do so your 50% there :).

Not going to quote what Balrizangor posted, but just to say I feel your pain.

Not a lot we can do for season 1 or 2 but trying to get them to replace the pets with toys for season 3 (and 4 etc). Not sure why they believe Battle pets are vanity items.

Peterc (In-game pet collector - retired)

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » December 22nd, 2016, 5:05 pm

Peterc wrote:Not a lot we can do for season 1 or 2 but trying to get them to replace the pets with toys for season 3 (and 4 etc). Not sure why they believe Battle pets are vanity items.
I dont see why pets are NOT vanity items?
And please let it be pets in season 3 and 4 and let me continue to get toys easy as before at least so i can continue one collection at least. :lol:

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » December 23rd, 2016, 1:23 am

Peterc wrote:
FuxieDK wrote: Not all classes have that ability..

Well Warlocks do so your 50% there :).

Not going to quote what Balrizangor posted, but just to say I feel your pain.

Not a lot we can do for season 1 or 2 but trying to get them to replace the pets with toys for season 3 (and 4 etc). Not sure why they believe Battle pets are vanity items.

Peterc (In-game pet collector - retired)
please educate me on Warlock Order Hall, then, because I have looked several times, but didn't see it..

Peterc

Post by Peterc » December 23rd, 2016, 2:42 am

For Warlocks - Class Hall Upgrades,Tier 5, Unleash Infernal is what I was talking about. This lets you auto-complete a non-elite WQ every 18 hours.

On the question of Pets being vanity items or not;
IMO BATTLE pets are clearly not vanity items, they have PVE and PVP mechanics plus have World Quests in the current expansion.

There are vanity pets which are the non-battle ones and if the Prestige rewards are to include pets they should be non-combat ones.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)

Nyari
Pet Score:11600
BattleTag®:Auri#2874
Realm:Blackmoore-eu

Post by Nyari » December 25th, 2016, 9:15 am

FYI: The Dutiful Squire/Dutiful Gruntling requires Prestige 6 + Honor Level 50 (Prestige 7).

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » December 26th, 2016, 6:43 am

I know it was asked on the first page of this thread, but there wasnt a clear answer and googling other sites also has not produced a clear answer... surely by now someone has tried simply doing a faction change to see if they get the opposite faction's prestige pets that way (while keeping their current pet)? I would gladly pay for two faction changes rather than grind the prestige levels again.

Does anyone know if anyone has tried this yet?

Maybe i will open a ticket and ask a GM.

Kiella
Pet Score:13796
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kiella » December 27th, 2016, 1:35 am

Hawg wrote:I know it was asked on the first page of this thread, but there wasnt a clear answer and googling other sites also has not produced a clear answer... surely by now someone has tried simply doing a faction change to see if they get the opposite faction's prestige pets that way (while keeping their current pet)? I would gladly pay for two faction changes rather than grind the prestige levels again.

They won't convert.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752396745

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » December 27th, 2016, 3:33 am

Kiella wrote:
Hawg wrote:I know it was asked on the first page of this thread, but there wasnt a clear answer and googling other sites also has not produced a clear answer... surely by now someone has tried simply doing a faction change to see if they get the opposite faction's prestige pets that way (while keeping their current pet)? I would gladly pay for two faction changes rather than grind the prestige levels again.

They won't convert.

Bummer :( Thanks for responding but /shakes fist at Blizzard

Peterc

Post by Peterc » December 27th, 2016, 6:27 am

Hawg wrote:
Kiella wrote:

They won't convert.

Bummer :( Thanks for responding but /shakes fist at Blizzard
Funny as having read the post I wanted to /shake Blizzards hand.

Surely IF the rewards did switch then it should replace the existing ones? The bottom line is the Prestige level(s) has only been achieved once.

What they could do at the end of the expansion (assuming that means Legion prestige is no longer obtainable) is do some packs in the Blizzard store which includes the rewards for each season (per side) plus a bundle of all the rewards (per side) plus a bundle of all the rewards (both side).

Wouldn't buy it myself but I am sure plenty would.

Peterc (In game pet collector - retired)

Silverstarr
MVP
Pet Score:13914
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Silverstarr » December 28th, 2016, 2:25 pm

What would have solved this problem would have been the option to sell these pets (class hall pets and honor pets). Then non-collectors would have been able to make some gold and pet collectors would have had the chance to buy them. I know this was asked for before the expansion started. It doesn't make sense to me that Blizzard has missed this opportunity to make a lot of people happy!

Winstonwaterston
Pet Score:5650
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Winstonwaterston » January 18th, 2017, 12:21 am

I found this discussion while searching for information about the PvP Prestige pets. I wanted to share that there's a way to make the PvP grind easier: a mod called World Quest Group Finder. I can't post the link, but you can go to Curse and search for it.

You go to a Warden's Tower or FFA area, click on the WQGF button, and within a minute you're grouped up with other people on the same quest. So far, in a party, I've completed those quests in about 3-5 minutes each. So you can get 1400 honor per day on both an Alliance and Horde alt in about half an hour, with most of that being the travel time between the quests.

Pro tip: Do not leave the party (even though WQGF will prompt you to do so) until after you've whistled for a ride. If you quit the party in the middle of a PvP zone, you're likely to find yourself back to your home server surrounded by a bunch of unfriendly NPCs (or worse, unfriendly PCs).

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » January 21st, 2017, 1:13 am

So I gave WQGF a try and wow its AWESOME. I'm even doing the ganky 500 honor world quests now! Still a mindless grind for 150 or more days (ack wtf is wrong with me!?!) but I'm on my way.