Need advice on powerlvling pets to 25

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luc2919
Pet Score:3874
BattleTag®:Lucrenda3516#1305
Realm:Thrall-us
Need advice on powerlvling pets to 25

Post by Luc2919 » November 9th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Is there any updated guide for powerlving pets? Everyone has a different opinion on what to do and I'm confused! :? I don't have the safari hat yet and the next bonus week isn't until December 20th so lvling pets is going to be painfully slow!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Need advice on powerlvling pets to 25

Post by Peanutty » November 10th, 2016, 12:30 am

Everyone has different advice because everyone plays a bit differently. So you might have to experiment a little to find the strategy that works for you.

I know Quint recently posted a leveling guide on her blog. It's a long read but very informative: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-pet-leveling-guide-for-newbies-andor.html

I do suggest you put in the work to get your safari hat. That 10% makes a difference over the course of 100s or 1000s of battles, and the experience you get from testing yourself against different tamers is valuable in teaching you how to put together teams, value stats, etc.

Personally I don't really "powerlevel," I'm more of a consistent, do-your-dailies type. I level 2 pets a day via Pandaria tamers + Ashlei in SMV, and that's it. It's easy (for me) and reliable and keeps me well stocked in rarity stones.

Luc2919

Post by Luc2919 » November 10th, 2016, 12:42 am

I'm 27/40 tamers beat. I'm slowly working on the safari hat, The only reason I want to powerlvl is I've got so MANY lvl 1's and not any 25's that can successfully beat the tamers for quests. I'll definitely take a look at her blog. Thanks.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 10th, 2016, 7:09 pm

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 7&p=130945
shows that Squirt's next US appearance is 20th Nov, with a follow-up on 5th Dec. These are the dates you want to aim for.

For batch levelling, which is what you are talking about, Squirt is where you need to be.

I did the vast majority of my levelling at the Pandaren tamers, but I have done one or two Squirt Days.

1. Get the necessary pets and level them in advance. There are three good, widely-used strategies, the first three here:
http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Menagerie&s=1

http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Menagerie&s=1&a=1
The MPD strat has the disadvantage that you need to have raised your Carry to level 6 first.

http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Menagerie&s=1&a=2
Bronze Whelpling is fastest, but you need to keep your attention on the screen.

http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Menagerie&s=1&a=3
Weebroom is wonderful for multi-hour sessions because you can zone out, keep pressing buttons without paying attention.

Any of the three strats will work fine. I've used them all. Personally, I favour the Weebroom strat for batch levelling.

Pick a strat. Get your two level pets to 25. I see you have a Weeb ready to go but lack an Enchanted Broom, if you want to do the Weebroom strat. You have an S/S Bronze Whelpling that you can level, and a Widget already levelled for that one.

Make sure you have earned enough Pet Charms to buy one Pet Treat (burger) and one Lesser Pet Treat (sausage) per hour you intend to spend that day. I could get 6 pets per hour to 23+ on Squirt Day, and someone said Squirt's XP is now 2/3 higher, so you might get up to 10/hr. If you could get the Hat in time, that would help. So 5 hours = 30-50 pets. I don't use Squirt beyond level 23. You can, if you like, but 23-24 is where you want to spend your yellow stones.

Make sure that you have the pets you want to level queued up in Rematch in advance. You don't want to be making decisions on the fly during your grind.

Squirt Day is not fun. But it is productive.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 10th, 2016, 10:10 pm

Hi,

Remember that advice is only as good as the way you play, since you might not be the same kind of player, and will do things differently as you do not see the same thing. However, in general, if you look at ALL strategies for leveling ... you just make notes of what you need and got to get, and where to go to get it done.

Squirt day is very important, and helps ... during the bonus week, and with Squirt day in the middle of it, I picked up nearly 1,000 levels altogether ... and brought up a whole bunch of stuff that was just kinda sitting there, that I got tired of looking at! Here, on this fight, you learn patience and make sure that you use the right spell at the right time, so you don't take the big hit ... the single most important part of the pet battle game.

Surprisingly enough, I have not used a lot of the treats (lack of Pet Charms makes it hard, before Legion and during the nasty nerf), and only this past week, did I finally learn about the Safari Hat, which is a small percentage, but every little bit helps, when you are grinding these up. The toughest part for me, was to ensure I had the pets that were needed to be able to do the BattleMasters so I had a chance of winning, instead of guessing, which is the tough part ... but once your arsenal is fairly strong, things get easier. And after that some "back ups" to cover for some pets. If you have Legion, for example, you can get Emmigosa, and she is a good replacement for several Whelplings, and is fairly easy to get!
Last edited by Uduwudu on November 17th, 2016, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » November 10th, 2016, 10:46 pm

One reason there's a scarcity of guides to powerleveling is that yeah, there are shortcuts, but if you have a lot of pets it's going to take time. And potentially be kinda boring.

I make it a bit more productive by letting a non-maxxed alt do it, it's decent XP for them too. And if you're doing Squirt or even WoD trainers for 20th time, helps to have a good book or video.

Looking at your collection, you've been for sure doing the right thing with prioritizing the 25's. Did notice an absence of Aquatics, the lvl 20 Penguin not one of my favorites for battling. A frog like Benax would be good addition to your first line teams.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 13th, 2016, 8:44 pm

Hi,

One more thing that helped me a lot ... the Pet Search website. You can see what you got and then the Duplicates, then the Poor, the Common, the Uncommon and the Rare. It also has an option to give you a copy of it on Excel, which I have used diligently to tell me which ones to bring up right away, and which ones I can skip until later (the 2nd of some pets - one with speed, another with power, etc.!!!), and use the hard earned stones on the better options.

I basically peel off the spreadsheet, and set it up in the order I need to help me move forward. This is listed on another thread.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579

Post by Kendrah » November 13th, 2016, 10:55 pm

Luc2919 wrote:I'm 27/40 tamers beat. I'm slowly working on the safari hat, The only reason I want to powerlvl is I've got so MANY lvl 1's and not any 25's that can successfully beat the tamers for quests. I'll definitely take a look at her blog. Thanks.
You only need a couple 25s but you do need to finish all the tamer quests. The pandaland + daily tamers are how powerleveling your pets goes and you need to finish each leg of that before you can move up a level (vanilla trainers first, then BC, then Wrath, etc.)

Luc2919

Post by Luc2919 » November 22nd, 2016, 11:29 pm

Ranok wrote:One reason there's a scarcity of guides to powerleveling is that yeah, there are shortcuts, but if you have a lot of pets it's going to take time. And potentially be kinda boring.

I make it a bit more productive by letting a non-maxxed alt do it, it's decent XP for them too. And if you're doing Squirt or even WoD trainers for 20th time, helps to have a good book or video.

Looking at your collection, you've been for sure doing the right thing with prioritizing the 25's. Did notice an absence of Aquatics, the lvl 20 Penguin not one of my favorites for battling. A frog like Benax would be good addition to your first line teams.
The lvl 20 Penguin was already that lvl I'm pretty sure. I've been lvling the ones that are most commonly used in beating the pet tamers for dailies and then I will just lvl the others as I feel like it. I have been using my alts to lvl battle pets and it's just crazy that I've gotten character lvls with very little effort lol Yeah I think Benax is on my list soon to lvl

Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Solitha » November 26th, 2016, 10:06 pm

I'm a bit late to this party but Ehly of A3 has posted an in-progress guide to quickly leapfrog a team to 25.

http://azerothadoptionagency.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1815

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » November 27th, 2016, 6:53 am

I've only got 558 of my 846 pets at max level so far. I hate long grinds so can rarely do things like squirt for longer than a couple of hours before needing to poke my eyes out.

So instead, I just do the grind for as long as I can tolerate it and then say screw it, this is a long-term goal and you don't need to complete it over night.

That being said my strategy is pretty simple, when it's not a pet event or squirt time, I simply make sure to level all my pets that are less than lvl 8 so that they are 8 or higher, If you have an alt you can plant with Ashley in Shadowmoon Valley, then she is an easy way to get that done once a day for 5min. Having your pets at lvl8 or higher makes it much easier to level them once there is a pet event (since they can survive a hit or two).

Then when there is a pet event, I configure rematch so that it shows my pets by level, with lowest level first. Then I grind away leveling my lowest level pet each fight. My 8's become 12's then my 9's become 13's and my 10's become 14's etc. My goal for a particular session is usually something simple, like make sure my lowest level pets are no lower than level 11.

Like was mentioned above, I generally don't level my pets past level 22-23 by battling, once they get to that level they generally get a stone or two for the final levels.

Also, for me the harder thing to do is get all my pets to rare quality. So I save pet tokens to buy the quality upgrade stones. Once they are all rare (54 left) I'll spend those tokens on leveling stones to top off my lvl 22-3 pets.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 28th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Hawg wrote:I've only got 558 of my 846 pets at max level so far. I hate long grinds so can rarely do things like squirt for longer than a couple of hours before needing to poke my eyes out.
Keep track of Squirt ... in one day, which was lucky with the double bonus week, I did over 1000 levels altogether, on the 150 pets I had to level ... with another Squirt day, I took all my levels 7's and 8's to 14 and up, something like 30 of them altogether.

I'm now, down to under 500 levels altogether for all my pets.

Dngnb8
Pet Score:7304
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Dngnb8 » November 28th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Once a day, you can level a pet from 1 to 25 in about 20 minutes using the 2 pet explode strat with Safari Hat. Do the Battle pet tamers warlords daily. Levels a pet and give marks to make rares

Ashlei
Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Zepplin, Leveling pet
Clockwork Gnomes Metal Fist until the second pet gets to 500 health then pass until dead. In come the Led Zepplin. Missle until dead. Elephant comes in, missile until 600 health then explode. Last pet gets about 4800-5000xp.

Garga
Clockwork Gnomes 3 Turret ,2 heal, 3 Turret, then metal fist until Turret is off cooldown. Dies. Zepplen 1 Rocket, 3 Decoy, then rocket until last wolf is at 600 or less then explode. Your level 1 is the last surviving pet and gets all XP.

Vesharr
Chromious, Darkmoon Zepplen Leveling pet
Chromoius 1 Arcane Blast, 2 Heal, then arcane blast until heal renews until dead. 2nd pet, if times well, your heal is up, use it. After the bot gets his wings, use power surge. Should kill it. It rezzs, then kills chromedome. Sometimes RNG doesnt work, then in comes the zepplin and you can use decoy to avoid its big hit and use missle to kill it, then explode on the last pet. It should be at 200 health. Profit

Taralune
Chromious, Darkmoon Zepplenm Leveling pet
1 Arcane blast, 1, heal, 1, 1, pass, 3. Died. Zepplen. Decoy, rocket rocket. Last pet comes in, rocket until at 600 health. Explode. Profit.

Tarr
Restless Shadeling Zepplen, leveling pet
1 phase shift, 2 Plagued Blood, shadow shock. If times right, 1 opponent is dead when Phase is ready again. Repeat. Restless should die when 3 comes in and is at about 800 health. Decoy, rocket until 600 health. explode. Level 1 profit.

If youre wearing your Safari Hat, you should be netting about 4-5k on non bonus weeks. During sign of the critter, 10-11k. 2 battles levels a level 1 pet to 25

I usually only level pets to 20-22 and stone them to 25

Just remember, if one pet can take you through to the 3rd enemy pet against AI, you can use the 2 pet explode strat and give your solo remaining pet all the XP.

Luc2919

Post by Luc2919 » December 1st, 2016, 2:14 pm

Solitha wrote:I'm a bit late to this party but Ehly of A3 has posted an in-progress guide to quickly leapfrog a team to 25.

i can't view this topic. It's probably part of the gold status forum.

Luc2919

Post by Luc2919 » December 1st, 2016, 2:19 pm

Dngnb8 wrote:Once a day, you can level a pet from 1 to 25 in about 20 minutes using the 2 pet explode strat with Safari Hat. Do the Battle pet tamers warlords daily. Levels a pet and give marks to make rares

Ashlei
Clockwork Gnomes Metal Fist until the second pet gets to 500 health then pass until dead. In come the Led Zepplin. Missle until dead. Elephant comes in, missile until 600 health then explode. Last pet gets about 4800-5000xp.

Garga
Clockwork Gnomes 3 Turret ,2 heal, 3 Turret, then metal fist until Turret is off cooldown. Dies. Zeppelin 1 Rocket, 3 Decoy, then rocket until last wolf is at 600 or less then explode. Your level 1 is the last surviving pet and gets all XP.

Vesharr
Chromious, Darkmoon Zeppelin Leveling pet
Chromoius 1 Arcane Blast, 2 Heal, then arcane blast until heal renews until dead. 2nd pet, if times well, your heal is up, use it. After the bot gets his wings, use power surge. Should kill it. It rezzs, then kills chromedome. Sometimes RNG doesn't work, then in comes the zeppelin and you can use decoy to avoid its big hit and use missile to kill it, then explode on the last pet. It should be at 200 health. Profit

Taralune
Chromious, Darkmoon Zepplin Leveling pet
1 Arcane blast, 1, heal, 1, 1, pass, 3. Died. Zeppelin. Decoy, rocket rocket. Last pet comes in, rocket until at 600 health. Explode. Profit.

Tarr
Restless Shadeling Zeppelin, leveling pet
1 phase shift, 2 Plagued Blood, shadow shock. If times right, 1 opponent is dead when Phase is ready again. Repeat. Restless should die when 3 comes in and is at about 800 health. Decoy, rocket until 600 health. explode. Level 1 profit.

If you're wearing your Safari Hat, you should be netting about 4-5k on non bonus weeks. During sign of the critter, 10-11k. 2 battles levels a level 1 pet to 25

I usually only level pets to 20-22 and stone them to 25

Just remember, if one pet can take you through to the 3rd enemy pet against AI, you can use the 2 pet explode strat and give your solo remaining pet all the XP.

I've been doing exactly this on and off for a month or so, but sometimes i get bored with lvling pets so I take a few days off. I need to get the Darkmoon Zepplin ASAP.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » December 1st, 2016, 5:08 pm

Luc2919 wrote:
Solitha wrote:I'm a bit late to this party but Ehly of A3 has posted an in-progress guide to quickly leapfrog a team to 25.

i can't view this topic. It's probably part of the gold status forum.
I wouldn't worry. It's probably the old one of lowbie crab -> beast in Badlands -> Crab in Swamp -> Critter in Halfhill, which is great for getting your first pet to 25 if you don't already have one, but isn't relevant to you.

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » December 2nd, 2016, 4:21 pm

Don't be confused -- I've got the objectively, scientifically, and mathematically best answer for you.

The 200% pet battle buff + Darkmoon top hat + Safari Hat + both pet treats and squirt using the following team. Import this into Rematch:

Code: Select all

Squirt:79179:1563:122:405:170:242:429:442:536:0:0:0:0:P:0:0:0:0:0:22:N:http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15238#p120693\n\nI used an S/S Bronze Whelpling and my Spectral Tiger Cub. You can sub the Spectral Tiger Cub for Widget the Departed, as well. Tail sweep Deebs until he dies, then use Early Advantage on Tyri. Bronze Whelpling will die, and then bring in Spectral Tiger Cub/Widget. One Spectral Strike and Tyri is down. \n\nhttp://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16192&p=128924#p128924
This team when fighting squirt will be about 1 minute per fight. Not kidding. It's probably the best pet battle team I've ever seen. It's so smooth, fast, and flawless that it just feels these 2 pets were made for this fight.

If you don't have a spectral tiger cub, you can use Widget the Departed in place of it just as well.

No matter what anybody says, this IS the objectively best way to power level pets. You're sitting in one safe place, no competition, no flying around, and this fight/team allows level 1s as your pet won't take a hit.

Luc2919

Post by Luc2919 » December 5th, 2016, 12:36 pm

Painbow wrote:Don't be confused -- I've got the objectively, scientifically, and mathematically best answer for you.

The 200% pet battle buff + Darkmoon top hat + Safari Hat + both pet treats and squirt using the following team. Import this into Rematch:

Code: Select all

Squirt:79179:1563:122:405:170:242:429:442:536:0:0:0:0:P:0:0:0:0:0:22:N:http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15238#p120693\n\nI used an S/S Bronze Whelpling and my Spectral Tiger Cub. You can sub the Spectral Tiger Cub for Widget the Departed, as well. Tail sweep Deebs until he dies, then use Early Advantage on Tyri. Bronze Whelpling will die, and then bring in Spectral Tiger Cub/Widget. One Spectral Strike and Tyri is down. \n\nhttp://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16192&p=128924#p128924
This team when fighting squirt will be about 1 minute per fight. Not kidding. It's probably the best pet battle team I've ever seen. It's so smooth, fast, and flawless that it just feels these 2 pets were made for this fight.

If you don't have a spectral tiger cub, you can use Widget the Departed in place of it just as well.

No matter what anybody says, this IS the objectively best way to power level pets. You're sitting in one safe place, no competition, no flying around, and this fight/team allows level 1s as your pet won't take a hit.

I've never used the import option. How do you do that?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 5th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Open up Rematch
Go to the Teams tab
Right click on the tab you want to import on and select the import option.
You can copy paste the info in.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » December 6th, 2016, 3:00 pm

A couple of questions:

Are you skipping Cymre Brightblade? If so is it because she's a pretty tough opponent for a carry strat?

Also, I don't have Clockwork Gnome yet, did you try Lil' Bling in that spot? I suspect [ability]Make it Rain[/ability] followed by [ability]Inflation[/ability] and then [ability]Make it Rain[/ability] again will have a similar effect to the gnome. Other common mechs suggestions would be appreciated.