Stardust

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Stardust

Post by Wootzy » November 9th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Hey Disco, in case you see see this, I'm your fan (long time lurker). Looking forward to see your video what team you come up with! :D

[pet]Stardust[/pet]

Anyone battling the magic bunny in pvp?

Cheers :)

Wootzy
Top Rater

Re: Stardust

Post by Wootzy » November 14th, 2016, 7:36 am

This team is for pure pleasure; one shots teroclaw, if you're flying high! :lol:

Stardust - Arcane Slash, Celestial Blessing, Starfall
Trunks - When Elekks Fly, Moonfire, Avalanche
Xu-Fu - Spirit Claws, Feed, Prowl

(12 battles - 10 wins, 2 lost)

Erdinger
Pet Score:12848
BattleTag®:Goldhaar#2899
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Erdinger » November 14th, 2016, 11:35 am

Am using Stardust too, teamed up with another 2 of the newer pets.
It's fun to use them while they're still fairly uncommon :)

Wicked Soul - Shadow Shock, Haunting Song, Haunt
Stardust - Arcane Slash, Celestial Blessing, Phase Punch
Alliance Enthusiast - Ban Hammer, Overpowered, Buuurp!

Base strategy is to Haunt, bring in Stardust to forceswap and set up the shield for the Enthusiast to launch an OP Buuurp! and heal up when Wicked Soul is back.

Must have done around 50 battles with this team and have enjoyed an excellent win rate - I did come up against a lot of experimental/random teams, though.
I couldn't get a single win over 2xFossilized Hatchling+MPD over 4-5 matches, but other than that I just lost 3-4 times.

Dunno how strong it really is, but it clearly has potential and it's been a fun couple of days trying some new pets out, while closing further in on 5k pvp wins (4126 !) :D

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » November 14th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Erdinger wrote:Am using Stardust too, teamed up with another 2 of the newer pets.
It's fun to use them while they're still fairly uncommon :)

Wicked Soul - Shadow Shock, Haunting Song, Haunt
Stardust - Arcane Slash, Celestial Blessing, Phase Punch
Alliance Enthusiast - Ban Hammer, Overpowered, Buuurp!
That's funny. I was going to post earlier that I came up against this team earlier today (are you pets named Bowie, Lou and Lance?). I thought it was a great team - partially because I loved the names - and it was refreshing to see some legion pets. I was using a pretty boring bleed team because I tend not to be so experimental when I am working on getting my weekly done.

Erdinger

Post by Erdinger » November 14th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Indeed :D Nice to see a player behind one of the teams you run into for once :D I remember that, and thought it was fun to play you :) They're not very common in our queue, I believe, so it was a nice challenge and a match that took quite a few rounds :) Very enjoyable, except, of course, when your Wolvar's trap went off :p

GL on your weekly (probably done by now :) ) and hope to run into you again :)

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » November 15th, 2016, 5:41 am

Thanks for sharing your team! :)
Going to give it a try if you don't mind.
See you guys in the queue. (spelling?)

Ravyn
Top Rater

Post by Ravyn » November 15th, 2016, 6:42 am

Erdinger wrote:Indeed :D Nice to see a player behind one of the teams you run into for once :D I remember that, and thought it was fun to play you :) They're not very common in our queue, I believe, so it was a nice challenge and a match that took quite a few rounds :) Very enjoyable, except, of course, when your Wolvar's trap went off :p

GL on your weekly (probably done by now :) ) and hope to run into you again :)
Haha, yeah, those traps... :oops:

I've been trying out a Haunt Stall build with:
Stardust (Arcane Blast, Celestial Blessing, Phase Punch)
Wicked Soul (Shadow Shock, haunting Song, Haunt)
Knight-Captain Murky (For the Alliance!, Queue Dodge, Heroic Leap).

This team is a bit squishier than a Scalded Basilisk/Ghastly Kid/Teroclaw Hatchling but it's also more fun in my opinion. Basically start with Wicked Soul and Haunt, and then bring in Stardust and Phase Punch, then use Celestial Blessing. Switch in Knight-Captain Murky, and use For the Alliance! then Heroic Leap, and then afterwards you might want to dodge, or you might want to save the dodge if your opponent has a big hitter coming off cool down. Typically I dodge, then use For the Alliance! and then everything is on cool down so I switch the Wicked Soul back in, use Haunting Song and then repeat from the beginning.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 15th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Since the Soul/Stardust pair neatly slots in for the familiar Kid and Imp, my first team with it was with the Magma Rageling, with the trap and the wave to detonate it. It's not terribly interesting, though.

Pity about Clone; it could have introduced a new element. I'm looking for a serious glass cannon (pref with cleave) to sit there in the Celestial Blessing and make some serious inroads during the stall phase.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » November 15th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Gráinne wrote: Pity about Clone; it could have introduced a new element. I'm looking for a serious glass cannon (pref with cleave) to sit there in the Celestial Blessing and make some serious inroads during the stall phase.
Trunks :P

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » November 15th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Noticed something nice today..
If Stardust leaves a Celestial Blessing for Wicked Soul, and you Haut, then the blessed buff is saved (unused)
when he comes back in. Good to know. 8-)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 15th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Wootzy wrote:Trunks :P
Trunks.

Trunks, he says. :)

I won my first attempt with Moonlight and When Elekks Fly, despite missing all FOUR times. I'm really not into 50% moves. :P

Ravyn
Top Rater

Post by Ravyn » November 16th, 2016, 5:46 am

I also won with Trunks but I agree that the 50% hit chance is just too low for my taste. I wanted to try out my Cheetah Cub since with Rake and the Celestial Blessing, it has a bit higher chance to survive and it's SUPER cute. Then I ran into Erdinger again and couldn't stop laughing. Kind of a hilarious fight. But Erdinger, I really think you played better than I did. It was just kind of a long fight with all of our switching about. After that I ran into a triple Death adder team and decided it was break time :lol:

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » November 16th, 2016, 6:48 am

Ravyn wrote: After that I ran into a triple Death adder team and decided it was break time :lol:
LOL

Actually it was only one Death Adder...and two of my Rose Taipans :mrgreen:

Erdinger

Post by Erdinger » November 16th, 2016, 6:49 am

Ah, so it WAS you! Happy to hear you had a good time, I did too :) <3 I love these matches that drag on and on even if it's easy to lose track and get confused in all this swapping left and right, especially after just 1 coffee :D

I think the descisive factor, any misplays aside, was that my bunny was slower than your wicked soul :?:

But real GG! And you missed out on a /hug as i fled since we can't emote in pet battles :p

Hope for a rematch some time soon, and if you run into Spike, Rufus, and Spine that'll be me too :D

Ravyn
Top Rater

Post by Ravyn » November 16th, 2016, 8:37 am

Wootzy wrote: LOL

Actually it was only one Death Adder...and two of my Rose Taipans :mrgreen:
Haha :lol: Yeah, I was not up for that :D Intimidating team to be sure!
Erdinger wrote:Ah, so it WAS you! Happy to hear you had a good time, I did too :) <3 I love these matches that drag on and on even if it's easy to lose track and get confused in all this swapping left and right, especially after just 1 coffee :D

I think the descisive factor, any misplays aside, was that my bunny was slower than your wicked soul :?:

But real GG! And you missed out on a /hug as i fled since we can't emote in pet battles :p

Hope for a rematch some time soon, and if you run into Spike, Rufus, and Spine that'll be me too :D
Yes! I actually really love the battles where I learn something, or especially when I think "wow, that was a really nice move my opponent just made." I look forward to battling you again :D And Wootzy, too! But maybe without the snakes... ;)

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » November 16th, 2016, 10:34 am

Ravyn wrote: I look forward to battling you again :D And Wootzy, too! But maybe without the snakes... ;)
Thanks for the great battles, so much fun!

Next time watch out for rats and rabbits :P