Best order of doing all the pet battle PVE content?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mastersheph
Pet Score:1265
Realm:Terenas-eu
Best order of doing all the pet battle PVE content?

Post by Mastersheph » November 10th, 2016, 12:21 pm

So, I recently found a liking to PVE pet battles. But I'm overwhelmed by the amount of different stuff to actually do and I'm not quite sure where to start. I have completed up to but not including pandaria in pet master questline and have done nothing of the pet battle stuff in pandaria nor WoD and only a few WQ's so far in legion. My collection so far is pretty weak so I guess my best start would to gather some of the most used pets like Unborn valkyr, but to be honest I have no real grasp on where to start to get the best experience of all the various PVE Pet battle stuff. Any advice or a complete guide for PVE pet battling content (other than how to level a pet, get the first 25 ect, all that I have done).

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Best order of doing all the pet battle PVE content?

Post by Quintessence » November 10th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Most would consider the real "meat" of PVE Pet Battles in Pandaria. From the trainers, Pandaren Spirits, to the Celestial Tournament -- these things contribute to a large chunk of content for many.
  • Trainer and Pandaren Spirit dailies are excellent for leveling pets.
  • Celestial Tournament is a fun challenge with 3 pet rewards if you collect enough tokens. Better as late game content - can be frustrating if you don't have a decent number of maxed out pets.
Other than that, there is WoD content which consists of the Menagerie battles (poor for pet experience unless you're fighting Squirt), and WoD trainer dailies (better for pet experience, but not as good as MoP trainers).

Best route to take IMO is to complete the Pandaria and WoD content and level more pets. If you haven't already, unlock the [url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=92738/safari-hat]Safari Hat[/url] for a small boost in pet experience. PVE Pet Battles is pretty much level more pets to level other pets to help collect new pets...that you can level up as well haha. :lol:

Once you get a larger roster of max level pets you can start to take on challenges like [url=http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9069/an-awfully-big-adventure]An Awfully Big Adventure[/url] and [url=http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9696/family-familiar]Family Familiar[/url]. Both of these achievements can be seen as "end game" since a bigger collection of max level pets will make them easier to complete.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Suavitatia
Pet Score:3754
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Suavitatia » November 10th, 2016, 5:53 pm

I'm pretty sure there are many lists on what pets you should get to 25 first. I suggest you start looking for the following pets, as it can take time to find one of them:
Spawn of Onyxia
Emerald Proto-Whelp
Infinite Whelpling
Nexus Whelpling
All four in P/P breed preferably. They can be very helpful for Pandaria and WoD dailies.

Also, remember to get a Darkmoon Zepplin this week. It's my most used pet in Pandaria daily.

Just to name a few other abused pets:
Nether Faerie Dragon (S/S)
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Yellow Moth (P/P)
Iron Starlette (P/P for PvE, H/H for PvP)
Rabbit (S/S)
These should allow you to 2v3 most of the trainers.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 10th, 2016, 7:27 pm

There's a thread about which pets to level first here:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =3&t=16391

As Darkchyld points out in that thread, it is possible to do all Draenor Tamers with just [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet] and [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet].

[pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] and a couple of other standards will get you a long way in Pandaria.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 10th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Suavitatia wrote:I'm pretty sure there are many lists on what pets you should get to 25 first. I suggest you start looking for the following pets, as it can take time to find one of them:
Spawn of Onyxia
Emerald Proto-Whelp
Infinite Whelpling
Nexus Whelpling
In general, I would suggest farming out a few Whelplings, in a couple of areas, where they are not so tough to drop.

I also like to have a nice arsenal of Mechanicals, and thus, Bling, Zep, Dragonling, one or two with the Rocket, and definitely the Iron Starlette ... helps in some fights. Basically all these can hit for big numbers (same as the Whelplings in general), that help a lot of fights.

A couple of other must gets, sooner or later, is Anubisath and the Teroclaw Hatchling. Both are, almost essential, and I have used them extensively while helping level other pets.