Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Post by Noel » November 9th, 2016, 11:05 pm

1) when you prestige do you get your faction's pet or both?
2) are the first pair of pets going to be gone forever when season 2 starts (any time now?)
3) if not the 2nd pvp pets will be there, so how will we earn the 1st?
4) if they are then how long do we have to grind out honor 50 (and does it have to be done on both factions?)

I'm a tad worried!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Questions about the pvp prestige pets

Post by Peanutty » November 9th, 2016, 11:16 pm

1) You only get the pet associated with your toon's faction. If you want both, you need both alli and horde toons at prestige 1.

2-4) I don't believe so, from what I understand prestige ranks will carry through the entire xpac (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The source for the new pvp pets haven't been revealed yet so it's possible that it might be an award for a higher prestige rank. There's currently achieves in the game for going all the way to rank 13.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 10th, 2016, 6:01 am

Technically speaking you get the pets as a reward for honor level 50. Prior to patch 7.1 you did not need to prestige to get them. Since patch 7.1 you automatically prestige once you reach the required 50k honor for each rank.

Brian Holinka (PvP Dev) stated during a BlizzCon panel that there won't be a prestige rank reset when Legion Season 2 starts and that they want to add more rewards for the new prestige ranks. Like Peanutty said this implies that the current pair of pets will be available till the end of Legion.
Rumor on wowhead.com and other WoW related forums is that the new prestige pets will most likely be rewarded for reaching prestige rank 4 & honor level 50. This would somewhat mirror Season 1 where you start with the pet (PR 1), get your PvP weapon skin (PR 2), something I don't have yet (PR 3) and a new mount (PR 4).

To be sure that you don't miss the pets start doing the PvP tower WQs (300 honor) as often as possible on a character that owns a guild banner. If you use the banner while completing the tower, you will also get the honor bonus (5%, 10% or 15%). To further increase honor gains do this grind on a character that can auto-complete WQs from the Tier 5 talent of your Order Hall (e.g. Demon Hunter, Paladin, etc.). Use this feature on cooldown (18h) for the FFA WQs that reward 500 honor each. Your guild banner will work here as well, unlike doing the actual quest in the world. :lol:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Noel

Post by Noel » November 10th, 2016, 8:40 am

Nice never even thought of my guild banner!

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » November 10th, 2016, 10:05 am

Noel wrote:Nice never even thought of my guild banner!
Me neither.

I have both the Season 1 pets but am finding having to keep repeating the towers again and again and again and ..(you get the idea)... on TWO characters every day beyond a pain. I suspect I will give up soon as it has almost killed my desire to collect in game pets and my enjoyment of the game overall and neither char is close to Prestige level 2 yet.

I was rather hoping they would have a change of mind and reset Prestige after each season or at least make it that you only need to do it on one character to get both pets. If not maybe Prestige will be replace with something else in the next expansion and we can continue to prestige 'for ever' to reach the final pet.

Peterc

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 10th, 2016, 10:35 am

Peterc wrote: I have both the Season 1 pets but am finding having to keep repeating the towers again and again and again and ..(you get the idea)... on TWO characters every day beyond a pain. I suspect I will give up soon as it has almost killed my desire to collect in game pets and my enjoyment of the game overall and neither char is close to Prestige level 2 yet.
[...]
Peterc
Personally I feel the same. Just got the [pet]Horde Fanatic[/pet] yesterday on my DH that was basically just created for this pet, but instead of being happy or relieved it felt very, very strange. Similar to getting your 1st legendary on that alt you barely play. It's not just the pets, but the weapon skins as well that bother me. Can't really imagine that I grind to PR 14 just to get the color variation that fits my transmog on my Paladin. :cry:
Especially after the Tol Barad nerf, I lost almost all interest in PvP. Would be quite funny to get these extremely grindy achievements w/o actually doing PvP.

www.piratez.cc

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » November 10th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Sarajiel wrote:
Peterc wrote: I have both the Season 1 pets but am finding having to keep repeating the towers again and again and again and ..(you get the idea)... on TWO characters every day beyond a pain. I suspect I will give up soon as it has almost killed my desire to collect in game pets and my enjoyment of the game overall and neither char is close to Prestige level 2 yet.
[...]
Peterc
Personally I feel the same. Just got the [pet]Horde Fanatic[/pet] yesterday on my DH that was basically just created for this pet, but instead of being happy or relieved it felt very, very strange. Similar to getting your 1st legendary on that alt you barely play. It's not just the pets, but the weapon skins as well that bother me. Can't really imagine that I grind to PR 14 just to get the color variation that fits my transmog on my Paladin. :cry:
Especially after the Tol Barad nerf, I lost almost all interest in PvP. Would be quite funny to get these extremely grindy achievements w/o actually doing PvP.
Tower assaults world quests are a good way to get PvP ranks without doing "real" PvP

Edit: Plus you get some quests off the new Hatchling pets to do some PvP world quests.

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 10th, 2016, 2:57 pm

I hope you are aware that a potential Season 4 pet, assuming it's the PR 13 reward, takes 465 days of doing 3x towers + 1x FFA arena (via auto-complete) per day...

www.piratez.cc

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 10th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Ok I didn't think of using my guild banner, so that's something new to add to my rotation.

I agree with those who are saying this feels like a chore instead of rewarding. I thought I'd be thrilled to get my first prestige pet but instead it's more like a reminder that I have the other faction pet to get as well. It's forcing me to prioritize leveling an alt strictly for honor grinding over other alts that would be more beneficial to my main toon.

Noel

Post by Noel » November 11th, 2016, 10:25 am

So as part of this I decided to level my Horde Blood DK (he's level 100) and I spent the first 2 hours being ganked constantly lol.

Eventually they stopped and I got a quest done (had to keep abandoning and restarting the quest because I died in the middle). Looks like the leveling process might be a long tedious one and i'm not sure if I can slog through the tower quests. The good news is my battlegroup is heavily skewed toward horde so I probably will be able to just grind out BG wins over and over instead.

For those on pvp servers, you might want to level your off faction on another server or CRZ to another server via a friend.

Peterc

Post by Peterc » November 12th, 2016, 7:19 am

Sarajiel wrote:I hope you are aware that a potential Season 4 pet, assuming it's the PR 13 reward, takes 465 days of doing 3x towers + 1x FFA arena (via auto-complete) per day...
Indeed - I have decided to continue so I can get the season 2 ones and by then, hopefully ,they will have changed it. For me the Seasons should reset prestige (with extra rewards - ideally not including a pet - if you achieve all of them).

Alternatively keep legion prestige available after the expansion so we can continue to slowly chip away at it and eventually get the pets.

Ideally they would make it so you get both pets for doing the prestiging on one char rather than doubling the effort.

If things stay as is, I will just have to mark the Season 3 (and 4) pets at excluded and move on.

Peterc

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » November 20th, 2016, 11:31 pm

What would happen if you faction changed after getting one of the pets?
Would you get the new faction pet?
If so, would you keep the old one?

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 21st, 2016, 1:13 am

Mastr wrote:What would happen if you faction changed after getting one of the pets?
I didn't try it, but from the mechanics of obtaining the pets (soulbound container with soulbound on-use companion inside), I'd guess you keep the pet you learned without the possibility of earning the opposite faction's one on that character.

There might be a loophole though. If you received the crate, but didn't learn the pet, it may or may not change to the other pet.

www.piratez.cc

Peterc

Post by Peterc » November 29th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Well the idea was to complete season 1 prestige and be ready for the start of season 2 so I could at least get those pets as well.

However over the weekend I stopped doing the towers on two characters each day and have started enjoying the game again. Still hopeful they will change their mind over having pets as rewards going deep into Prestige (or anything for that matter).

Peterc

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 29th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Legion Season 2 starts Dec 13th already. :o

Guess I won't get more than the 2nd Horde pet at my current rate of honor gains (my DH is still PR1/HL39).
I'm only doing the occasional Tol Barad and those annoying PvP towers on my Paladin on a regular basis at the moment and I'm only at PR 3 as of tomorrow. :roll: Farming BGs seems to be even worse when it comes to the time invested for the pets.

Also aren't we supposed to get "rested honor" when we log out? Haven't seen any refresh on that for weeks now.

www.piratez.cc

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 30th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Do the current prestige pets go away with the new pvp season or will they still be available?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 30th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Jerebear wrote:Do the current prestige pets go away with the new pvp season or will they still be available?
No, I don't believe so. The Prestige rewards from Season 1 should still be available, along with Season 2 rewards. At least for the duration of this expansion.

From @WarcraftDevs: https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/status/779433947981688832
Question: Is it correct to assume the prestige rewards remain the same throughout seasons? Such as the bronze courser mount...
..will still be awarded at that level in the next season, and new mount at later levels?

Answer: Yes. Current plan is to increase max prestige each season, with more rewards. Prestige level will not be reset until the next expansion.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » November 30th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Jerebear wrote:Do the current prestige pets go away with the new pvp season or will they still be available?
The existing pets will stay at least till the end of Legion.

Legion PvP Season 2 just adds four more Prestige Ranks (up to PR 8).

As mentioned before we speculate that the new PvP pets ([pet]Dutiful Gruntling[/pet] & [pet]Dutiful Squire[/pet]) are the rewards for reaching PR 5. Prestige Rank 6 will be the next weapon skin according to the in-game achievements, PR 7 probably another PvP banner for your character and PR 8 will most likely be another PvP mount.

www.piratez.cc

Peterc

Post by Peterc » December 1st, 2016, 5:12 am

As Savior82 says in their wall post, it is also time for me to move on from pet collecting due to pets in game being linked deep into activities, particularly these prestige pvp ones.

It has been a fantastic journey but time for pet collecting to go on the back burner for now (maybe for ever).

All the best to all collectors out there.

Petrerc

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » December 1st, 2016, 5:09 pm

Thanks!
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829