Looking for Arcane Eye ? .. bad news

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us
Looking for Arcane Eye ? .. bad news

Post by Ranok » November 6th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Those of us who remember the glory days of Karazhan are inspired to see it getting back to what it used to be, dozens of folks milling around outside 24/7, chatting, dueling, goofing, waiting for teammates or maybe a chance at a PUG.

Unfortunately this means anytime an Arcane Eye spawns it gets noticed and mobbed quickly, either pet people who want to capture one or bored players who see something else to kill. As these pets don't seem to be on a reliable timer, plus were never all that common before, means gotta be really lucky with an alt parked there to check in at just the right time. My guy who's there just out of curiosity hasn't seen a single one yet the past week.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Looking for Arcane Eye ? .. bad news

Post by Paladance » November 7th, 2016, 2:59 am

Use a character below 98th level to stay phased in the pre-Legion Deadwind Pass, far from fools and griefers, especially if you're looking for a [pet]Restless Shadeling[/pet] aswell. Doesn't work anymore. :(

Have a nice one. :)

(Really, couldn't they put Zidormi here, or extend the Blasted Lands feature to Deadwind Pass? I'm aware that it isn't phased entirely, but why should we care?)
Last edited by Paladance on November 7th, 2016, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » November 7th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Just checked out Karazhan with a level 79 mage, same crowd of 110's hanging out there and no Arcane Eyes. Only difference I could see is that the Dreadwing bats were now scaled down to 79.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 7th, 2016, 2:07 pm

My apologies. Apparently the patch messed it up completely, as that worked before 7.1.
Now it's a reason to be angry. :evil:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 7th, 2016, 4:44 pm

Probably going to be a grin-and-bear-it situation. Once the Kara rush eases the Eyes should be (somewhat) available again. :/

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 7th, 2016, 9:17 pm

Hi,

Didn't these only appear during the night? I don't recall spending that much time getting one of these way back when ...

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » November 7th, 2016, 9:49 pm

It's the Restless Shadelings that mass spawn at midnight server time. The Eyes used to show up occasionally throughout the day. Probably still do, but get battled or offed pretty quickly.