Future Pet Battle content

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Future Pet Battle content

Post by Quintessence » November 5th, 2016, 7:27 pm

During the BlizzCon 2016 WoW Q&A:
  • Question from @ZZillions: Future of Pet Battles?
    Ion Hazzikostas (WoW Game Director): Pet Battle Dungeons.
No information on what this new feature will be, what it will entail or when it will go live, but this is exciting news! Looking forward to finding out more in the future :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Re: Future Pet Battle content

Post by Aeolyn » November 5th, 2016, 8:01 pm

I want to know if the use of the word dungeon instead of scenario means co-op pet battling towards a common goal rather than a solo experience. I would love to team up with other pet battle folks, as that would definitely be an all new experience.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 6th, 2016, 12:32 am

Aeolyn wrote:I want to know if the use of the word dungeon instead of scenario means co-op pet battling towards a common goal rather than a solo experience. I would love to team up with other pet battle folks, as that would definitely be an all new experience.
Hmmm ... Pet Battle Dungeons? Wow ... that seems a bit crazy, but what the heck ... I can see it now, 15 of us together fighting a bozz mob like crazy. 15 Teroclaw's for sure! I'll bring the Zandalari's just for fun!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 6th, 2016, 1:05 am

Even if it means just availability to use more pets… Would like to see it.

Perhaps there'd be another Family Familiar aswell so we'd create an actual flock or a lil' Wild Hunt. :twisted:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Norvel
Pet Score:2395
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Norvel » November 6th, 2016, 7:04 am

Some bigger content would be great like a pvp tournament system, you quoe up and you're being matched with up to 7 other people, you bring 5pets and choose between them for other fights while the actual model would be a best-of mode, there should be some better rewards than for a normal fight win deppending on archived Position and the Scale of the Tournament; 8Players, 16, 24, like unike pets, archivements, toys, titles, gold and pet stuff wrapped in a price bag.

You just would decide which scale to play and queo over the tool like for Dungeons or Raids, you Even could add a spectatormode where random people can watch these tournaments while waiting, doing other thing or just for the Same of it and These spectators could be displayed for the combatents as watchers in the instanced stadions the tournaments are played in.

What do you guys think about such an idea?

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » November 6th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Imagine it's just like a regular dungeon but you play as one of your pets. You queue and get put with other players pets. Like Pokémon dungeon explorers.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 7th, 2016, 1:27 pm

NeverFinal wrote:Imagine it's just like a regular dungeon but you play as one of your pets. You queue and get put with other players pets. Like Pokémon dungeon explorers.
(Long ... and thoughts on this and the game with it!)

I'm OK with a dungeon style of thing, however, we are going to run into issues, just like the old days ... someone knows things better than others, and we only need 5 Teroclaw's and they want you or I do switch the pets so you have this and that ... etc, etc, and so many frogs for the heals, and what not.

While I did not, exactly mind that stuff, and usually trusted the knowledge and ideas, in the end, it was a drain, for our Guild in the days of Molten Core, and Blackwing Lair and such ... it was hard, and it was frustrating, and it was not fun, and the amount of drops in there were negligible given the number of folks involved!

The PvP scenarios are not for me either, since I have really bad eyesight and it is bad enough that I have to stick with the "group" to make sure I can do what I do (was a healer on all raids in the past 11 years with shammie or priest -- whichever compensated the rest of the guild if a shammie was on, or a priest, etc), and not fall behind and not find my way, which is really difficult if it happens for me, as dark areas are tough, and in those days, there were no dungeon mini maps like today!

All in all, I think the Pet Battle content is probably reaching its limit and ideas are now kinda just floating all over, and when that happens, usually nothing gets done. I'm pretty sure that WoW/Blizzard are considering themselves lucky that after so many years things are still going, but the law of averages pretty much suggests that at any time, WoW, will start falling back and apart. The "virtualization" of servers, kinda told you that there were not enough players in many servers, and combining them made sense, and once they learned that, they virtualized it even more, to the point where they can shut down some servers if they need to, although I kinda think that they do not want to give away the idea that the numbers of folks is dwindling at all. Best leave it be as long as possible.

I would like to see some of us get rewarded with some Uber pets, however, using those would make too many fights stupid and sort of like any of us solo'ing Ulduar ... and I remember our Guild with 25 of us having a super hard time way back when ... let me tell you that healing was really hard then! I think the suggestion, with Legion, is that it won't happen again, since the levels now scale with the player/group, which tells you that the idea of power leveling anyone, is pretty much coming to an end, and it's like some garrison pet battles ... you put a low level in there and they get 132 points (my level 12 got that today on the carrots!) ... and that can be a bit ... frustrating for us, spoiled by the ability to PL and use the various bonuses like we have this past week. I, myself, have gotten almost 1000 levels and still have the rest of Monday to go!That was more than one third of the levels necessary to have all my Pets at 25 and such.

I would love to see new content, but in the end, it's like the new pets ... just different colors and more detailed models than previously, which is actually really nice, specially if they could clean up some of the earlier models, but I think that interferes with the previous engine, and design. In this area, I also think that Blizzard/WoW does not wish to re-invent the wheel and have to create levels 1-60 and such again ... it's too much of a drag and possibly very boring and takes away the versatility and more varied design at the higher level.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 7th, 2016, 4:59 pm

I would loooove to see pet battle group play! I have no idea what that would like...would we have "roles", like a queueing as a heals team, a tank team, a dps team?? They could add in a feature (usable in dungeon only) for taunt, I suppose. Or we could each fight a separate pet... so a heals time to fight Pet A, tank for Pet B, etc. My mind is running wild with the possibilities!

I'd also like to see something like a 2v2 or 3v3 battle--probably not PvP that would great crazy. Maybe just in a scenario or something you'd have two or three active pets each round. THE COMBOS.