Squirt in Garrison Days (NA region)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Re: Squirt in Garrison Days (NA region)

Post by Paladance » May 26th, 2016, 4:45 am

I was going to post a reminder, thanks for bumping it yourself!

28th May 2016 -- Saturday -- NA
29th May 2016 -- Sunday -- EU

Though to be honest, I level pets in waves and I have no idea for another groups… :D
Currently levelling Icecrown and Children's Week pets.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Aries
Pet Score:1964
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Aries » May 29th, 2016, 6:01 am

Woo! That was pretty crazy... 10k xp per battle @_@
Thank you Max pet day. Don't mind if I do!

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Squirt in Garrison Days

Post by Jerebear » May 29th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Darolyn wrote:
Jerebear wrote:It seems like a pretty legit strat so far. Been testing it out without any issue. Nice!

Edit: If you crit on Deebs in the first round, I could see it causing problems, but that hasn't happened yet to test.
As I said on the battle.net Pet Battle forums, funny enough, the first time I tried it, I got the crit on Deebs, and the strat still went off without a hitch. I don't know if it's possible to bring him down low enough to cause Portal issues (which is what I assume the fear is here?), because of the magic racial.

I, too, am excited about getting to use my Spectral Tiger Cub. Widget isn't 25 yet, so I only tested on the cub.
Just wanted to follow this up since I finally had this happen:
I crit on both of the first two hits and of course got 433 on the third, killing Deebs too early. This caused me not to have the dragonkin racial for Early Advantage and of course I missed my second hit before dying (darkness miss). This meant that widget's spectral strike wasn't enough to kill Tyri and the carry pet took 1 round of omnislash (which it survived). Widget finished Tyri with a pounce before the 2nd omnislash round, but I didn't have enough darkness rounds to use spectral strike on Puzzle. Still, was able to finish off puzzle (while still doing the carry pet swap during dodge). So all in all it still can work out, and the chance of getting two crits in the first two rounds is low.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » June 2nd, 2016, 8:59 am

Jerebear wrote: Just wanted to follow this up since I finally had this happen:
I crit on both of the first two hits and of course got 433 on the third, killing Deebs too early. This caused me not to have the dragonkin racial for Early Advantage and of course I missed my second hit before dying (darkness miss).
If you get the unlucky double-crit on Deebs, just pass the 3rd round and kill him in the 4th. :ugeek: After that the fight will continue as usual.

Typically the [pet]Bronze Whelpling[/pet] will survive even six hits from Deebs which is helpful in case you hit Early Advantage by accident and have to wait for its CD.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » June 10th, 2016, 4:34 am

I only battled her during the last two bonus xp weeks and I'm wondering how decent the XP is for non-bonus days. I can usually get a pet to 4-25 in less than 5 battles when the buff is up. How many battles would it typically take without?
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Drrrl
Pet Score:8061
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Drrrl » July 8th, 2016, 11:33 am

I'm so upset that EU gets another Squirt Pet Battle bonus day on July 13, and NA doesn't! Nothing for us until December. -_-

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » July 13th, 2016, 7:11 am

Don't be too envious of it; thanks to the sheer number of people trying to do Squirt right now, garrisons are completely freezing up. It's pretty much impossible to fight Squirt at all right now. In fact, if you're in your Garrison, it's impossible to even log in.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 13th, 2016, 11:41 am

Do you remember that whelp strat?

I've just figured out that instead of an S/S [pet]Bronze Whelpling[/pet] you can use a P/P [pet]Infinite Whelpling[/pet], provided that you can time [ability]Healing Flame[/ability] to keep 741 HP or more when Tyri comes.

Of course that isn't 100% due to a Tyri's possible crit and a fact that darkness is up during the key round. But it's always gives you some choice. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » July 14th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Just a PSA: Those dates will only hold up until the Legion launch. All weekly events are going on hiatus until some time in October once Legion goes live, so players don't feel obligated to run such events amid the early months of the expansion.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 26th, 2016, 6:07 pm

As of Patch 7.0.3 the Menagerie battles have shifted a bit.

Unstickying this thread as the dates no longer match with Squirt's in-game appearances.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 5th, 2016, 10:16 am

Jerebear wrote:Someone on the official forums posted an interesting strat:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742334331#8

I haven't tried it out, but they specify s/s bronze whelpling and widget the departed (or spectral tiger cub). Next time squirt is up and I remember, I might give both variations a go.
No one ... has really posted a strategy that is work'able, that does not use battle pets that everyone has, instead of really RARE and difficult pets to get. Not many have a Spectral BS'r or an Enchanted Broom.

////

Finally got it to work ... was missing a couple of small details ... and still on occasion, a miss on Tyri, means quit and restart!

Used the Foxling Kit and Ghastly Kid, and then a bunch of my Level 10's. Got like 15 of them up and more later today. Got 10 to go, and might take a shot at the Level 6 or 7 Pets as well ... thx everyone and sorry to sound grouchy ... you know how it is when you get old and all the little pains happen at the same time!
Last edited by Uduwudu on November 5th, 2016, 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Licytavya
Pet Score:3081
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Licytavya » November 5th, 2016, 10:32 am

I use Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and Weebomination to level pets.

Start with MPD and use Thunderbolt against Deebs.
Switch to Weebs and Cleave until Weebs dies.
Switch back to MPD and use Thunderbolt and Breath till Deebs and Tyri are dead.
Switch to lv pet for Puzzle. Depending on lv of pet, switch back to MPD to finish Puzzle.

Hope this helps! Works very well for me :)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 6th, 2016, 9:20 am

Uduwudu wrote:
No one ... has really posted a strategy that is work'able, that does not use battle pets that everyone has, instead of really RARE and difficult pets to get. Not many have a Spectral BS'r or an Enchanted Broom.
Just as a note, it doesn't not require the Spectral Tiger Cub. Widget the Departed will work great in its place (I use Widget).

Both the Whelp and Widget are pretty easy to obtain luckily (As is the broom).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829