Blizzcon 2016 Murloc still worth it?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us
Blizzcon 2016 Murloc still worth it?

Post by Beastlyserenity » November 4th, 2016, 10:16 am

I heard they put in a hotfix to nerf it last night.

Is it still good in random battle finder?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Blizzcon 2016 Murloc still worth it?

Post by Gilneas » November 4th, 2016, 10:26 am

If you're only paying the $40 for the murlocs, it never was worth it -- either before the hotfix or after (though last I checked, the hotfix isn't active yet).

It is, was and will always be only worth it if you're interested in the other items and watching the streams as well.

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » November 4th, 2016, 10:28 am

Gilneas wrote:If you're only paying the $40 for the murlocs, it never was worth it -- either before the hotfix or after (though last I checked, the hotfix isn't active yet).

It is, was and will always be only worth it if you're interested in the other items and watching the streams as well.
I disagree. Last year I bought it mostly for the Illidan Murloc and was completely satisfied.
I still watched the stream, but without the pet I would not buy the ticket.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 4th, 2016, 10:32 am

You're missing my point. If you're buying it because it has an OP pet, then don't waste your money.

If you're buying it because the pets are adorable, then that's different. Pets don't stay OP. They do stay adorable.

Which I suppose is an addendum to my original statement. The overarching point is, your post sounded like you were asking if it was worth $40 to get them because they were OP in pet PVP. And that -- in and of itself -- is never a good reason to buy the virtual ticket (or any similar item like a CE, for example).

Elysoun
Top Rater
Pet Score:4394
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Elysoun » November 4th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Beastlyserenity wrote:I heard they put in a hotfix to nerf it last night.

Is it still good in random battle finder?

I went 6-0 with it this morning with DiscoDoggie's second team setup (Knight-Captain Murky, Magma Raveling, Son of Seethe). It was very strong. In most games, I would say that it was close. I don't know if killing off the Knight-Captain early made my opponents over-confident?

I did see one Idol, but the person led off with it, so after it was gone, all of my DOTs ate his team up.

Thupid
Top Rater
Pet Score:9552
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Thupid » November 4th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I only purchase the virtual ticket for the pets, I might watch some of the video.