Hotfixes for Creeping Tentacle, clone abilities

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Hotfixes for Creeping Tentacle, clone abilities

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2016, 3:20 pm

From http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7813 ... ovember-3/

- The Creeping Tentacle battle pet will now correctly drop on all difficulties of the Yogg-Saron encounter.
- "Clone"-type abilities on Blood Boil, Bloodgazer Hatchling, and the 2016 BlizzCon pets have been exchanged for other abilities.

Guess I'm holding off on finishing my Ulduar runs until the fix hits, as they don't specify what difficulties it WASN'T dropping for.

The clone abilities were fun to play with but seemed incredibly overpowered (for those who haven't tried it, sacrifice 50% of the pet's health and get double pets for 3 rounds, whee!) but I'm curious as to what will replace it.

Norvel
Pet Score:2395
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Re: Hotfixes for Creeping Tentacle, clone abilities

Post by Norvel » November 3rd, 2016, 3:41 pm

They really should let the clone abillitys stay in game but tweak their damage down and let cooldown-times tick, it's such a cool Kind of spell, please let it be but nerf it.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 3rd, 2016, 3:47 pm

I think the hotfixes are live (unless noted that they require a realm restart). There's a HUGE influx of [pet]Creeping Tentacle[/pet]s on the Auction House now - a hotfix would explain their sudden mass-appearance. Either that or Yoggy has somehow taken an interest in the pet market... O_o
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2016, 5:25 pm

Quintessence wrote:I think the hotfixes are live (unless noted that they require a realm restart). There's a HUGE influx of [pet]Creeping Tentacle[/pet]s on the Auction House now - a hotfix would explain their sudden mass-appearance. Either that or Yoggy has somehow taken an interest in the pet market... O_o
Well then I'll be in Ulduar again! :)

My pets still have all the cloning abilities so that might take a restart?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 3rd, 2016, 7:54 pm

Guess I'm holding off on finishing my Ulduar runs until the fix hits, as they don't specify what difficulties it WASN'T dropping for.
I think, based on my experience, its safe to say it was dropping on 25, but not 10.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » November 3rd, 2016, 8:23 pm

Peanutty wrote:- "Clone"-type abilities on Blood Boil, Bloodgazer Hatchling, and the 2016 BlizzCon pets have been exchanged for other abilities.
What are they replacing it with? My Blood Boil still has "Split". (on EU)

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 3rd, 2016, 10:08 pm

I used my Legionnaire Murky in a wild battle a few minutes ago and he still had his clone ability (and it is still functioning that way, as I used it).

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » November 5th, 2016, 8:08 am

My Blood Boil still has "Split". Which is awesome BTW. It's been 2 days since they announced the hot fix. They have said in the past they have the ability to make client changes (i.e. the ability change) without a client patch.

Regardless, the counter is any ability the removes objects from the field like Magma Wave, Tidal Wave, and Clean-Up. There are over 20 pets that have one of those abilities.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 5th, 2016, 10:40 am

Mawder wrote:Regardless, the counter is any ability the removes objects from the field like Magma Wave, Tidal Wave, and Clean-Up. There are over 20 pets that have one of those abilities.
The counter should be any ability that removes objects from the field.

But, at least in the case of Murky, it doesn't. See the video at http://pvppetbattles.com/daily-battle/november-2-2016/ at time 08:15 onwards. The Tidal Wave removes the image of Murky, but the clone just becomes invisible but keeps attacking.