Best farmable leveling method for the 3x without Squirt?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
NeverFinal
Pet Score:11160
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us
Best farmable leveling method for the 3x without Squirt?

Post by NeverFinal » November 1st, 2016, 5:53 pm

Ive got alot to do this week with leveling my pets while the 3x is in effect. I wont be able to play much this Saturday while Squirt is in town so whats the best alternative?

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Re: Best farmable leveling method for the 3x without Squirt?

Post by Ravyn » November 2nd, 2016, 6:42 am

I'd say pick a spot in Draenor, especially if you have Draenor flying and the pet battle perks (namely 4min cd on revive pets). I can't recommend a spot for Horde, because, as Alliance, my favorite Draenor spot is in SMV, where the Moonshell Crabs spawn.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » November 2nd, 2016, 7:54 am

For Horde I'd recommend the large packs of [pet]Icespine Hatchling[/pet] in Frostfire Ridge. Northwest of the garrison near some rocks and trees are a few large groups. The [pet]Feline Familiar[/pet] eats these alive.

You can also check out the following...

http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/201 ... andor.html

And there's some good ideas here as well...

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =3&t=16192

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 2nd, 2016, 12:18 pm

If you have a garrison with Creepy Crawlers, you can get a neverending supply of undead pets with beast and flying backups. Tell Izzy to start preparations for a Hallow's End party, no matter the time.

(Ha ha, I have The Beakinator today! :twisted: Fastest 600-1200 XP ever!)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 2nd, 2016, 1:51 pm

Talmar wrote:For Horde I'd recommend the large packs of [pet]Icespine Hatchling[/pet] in Frostfire Ridge. Northwest of the garrison near some rocks and trees are a few large groups. The [pet]Feline Familiar[/pet] eats these alive.

I cannot recommend this enough. Couple this with a Turkey for food coma--flying buff means you hit first and can safely swap in a lvl 1 AND get out your Feline Familiar. Put up your shield and bite your way to success! You can go multiple battles without bandages (and might end up never using them!). Got to level 'em all. :)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 2nd, 2016, 7:00 pm

I like the Rotten Helper for the Icespine Hatchlings. Booby Trapped Presents and then Greench's Gift usually kills the Icespine and does signifcant damage to the second pet for just two rounds of abilities. If you end up fighting a rare one, then even a weak Club attack should finish it off.

For levelling sans Squirt, I really like doing the full MoP and Legion Circuit (17 tamers). Only takes an hour which fits nicely in a buff food setup. Sometimes I can even fit in an 18th tamer. Doing that is roughly equivalent to doing 29 squirt battles, but I don't get too tired of it as I am always on the move.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » November 3rd, 2016, 5:07 am

Ravyn wrote: (namely 4min cd on revive pets).
I thought Blizzard took that 4min CD on revive pets from WoD away from us as they usually do? Isn't it back up to 8 minutes everywhere?

Arkindal
Pet Score:3402
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Arkindal » November 3rd, 2016, 8:40 am

I tried the icespine with the kitty, but I'm probably missing something with how it should be done.

Personally, I like to farm aquatic pets in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, I go to the whitepetal lake (or what's left of it) and fly all along the river (or, well, what's left of it...), there striders there and, 90% of the times, they start the encounter with a healing ability.

Put your leveling pet in slot one and attack once, take it back and pull out a flying pet.

If you feel brave you could start with a lvl 1 pet and then use a higher level pet, both to level, and use a moth to solo the wild pets.

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Gorlab » November 3rd, 2016, 8:52 am

Arkindal wrote:I tried the icespine with the kitty, but I'm probably missing something with how it should be done.
Pet with decoy in slot one. Start with decoy.
Swap to leveling pet.
Swap to feline.
With the feline just keep up stoneskin and use devour when it will kill the enemy, otherwise use bite. The fights are fast, the icespine hatchlings are plentiful and your feline is full health after each fight so there is no stopping to heal.

Arkindal
Pet Score:3402
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Arkindal » November 3rd, 2016, 9:27 am

Oooh, yeah that makes sense.
Is it faster than the striders I'm doing I guess. I'll give it a shot right away, thanks!

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11160
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » November 3rd, 2016, 11:04 am

So for horde on pvp servers I found the perfect spot to level a low level alt while doing pet battles. Just outside the Wor'gol south eastern gate. No enemies for quite a ways and plenty of packs of pets to fight. Use the same strategy as right outside the garrison but use a S/S Nightshade Sproutling with Blinding Poison for your opener. Use it against any of the pets and you can swap in your level 1 and then the feline as usual. Wor'gol is devoid of enemies and has a mailbox and fp. There's a few hiccups where occasionally the first pet will use the perfect combo to hit your level pet but this happened like twice in the 3 hours I was out there.