Far Out Numbers!!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Far Out Numbers!!!

Post by Uduwudu » November 1st, 2016, 11:07 pm

Hi,

Oh, as of this morning, I only need 2819 Levels to get all my current pets to 25! Should I cry now or later?

I used the Pet Bonus today, to bring all my low levels to 6 ... and will probably go to Wetlands/Arathi and level all of them to 7 since it's seems to be happening so fast! Love the bonus! I'm looking to kill about 300 to 400 levels this week between the PC's and what not. At 18 they can get a ride in Legion and get moved up fast ... 1 or 2 hits and go sit and watch! Below that it has been iffy and ikky!

:mrgreen:

(Used the Pet Bonus to bring all 1-5's up to 6. Easy fights and it was like 3 fights 2 levels)

Ed: As of 11/14/2016 I am at 1346 Levels left to have all mee petties at 25. Only 15 left for Rare, all of them from vendors and such, and all Green!

Ed: As of 11/20/2016 with Squirt and Dailies ... under 800 Levels left!
Last edited by Uduwudu on November 22nd, 2016, 11:22 am, edited 7 times in total.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Far Out Numbers!!!

Post by Darkchyld » November 1st, 2016, 11:41 pm

I started during WoD and collected all that was available, but had a lot of leveling and collecting to catch up on. Lucky (or unlucky) for me WoD didn't have much content so I was able to get everything to level 25. Just make sure to take advantage of Squirt this week as he's by far the most efficient way to level at a collection.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 2nd, 2016, 1:20 am

I leveled my entire collection 2 a day from 1 to 25, back when there were no leveling stones, no pet bonus week, no Squirt, nothing but the safari hat and some pet snacks when I was lucky lol. Yes it was a grind, for sure, but even now, the MoP route is still my preferred leveling route. I just like the routine and it yields a good amount of rarity stones which I love to stockpile.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 2nd, 2016, 6:17 am

Hi,

I'm not really minding the grind ... I find the grind in Legion not as much fun, and too many crapper's with way too many hit points, and hidden misses in spells, elites walking around with baseball bats, that don't make sense game wise at all ... other than malicious game/code design and a waste of space in the sphagetti bowl, not to mention, a waste of graphics space. In general, stuff that is not fun, and is not necessary. At least in the Pet Battles, things are much more straight forward, and while one could say they can be predictable, but there are enough different pets that you can make things more fun.

And so far, many of the big pet bosses in Pandaria, had better fights than these in Legion. Should tell you how well ... "designed" ... the code was for Legion. Don't even get me started on the mouse!

Zarumal
Pet Score:6609
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Zarumal » November 2nd, 2016, 8:15 am

With the pet battle bonus experience buff and a Safari Hat, the Pandarian tamers are getting you from 1-17 in the first battle.

I haven't checked doing regular fights yet.

Love the new Blizzcon murky pets and RWL, still missing the tentacle as yet.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » November 2nd, 2016, 9:49 am

If you wait till november 5th, you'll have a really fast leveling strategy ready: Squirt will be in your garrison and fighting her with bonuses will level pets 1-25 in 3 or so battles. There's an excellent strategy out there using an enchanted broom and a Weebomination, allowing you to level even lvl 1 pets without fear of them taking damage.

I know what i'll be doing november 5th. Good luck!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794

Post by Darolyn » November 2nd, 2016, 10:56 am

Nagini wrote:If you wait till november 5th, you'll have a really fast leveling strategy ready: Squirt will be in your garrison and fighting her with bonuses will level pets 1-25 in 3 or so battles. There's an excellent strategy out there using an enchanted broom and a Weebomination, allowing you to level even lvl 1 pets without fear of them taking damage.

With the undead nerfs, does Weebom still do enough damage for this? I know he doesn't on Tarr the Terrible.

I'm using the S/S Bronze Whelpling (2,1,1)/Widget the Departed strategy (2, 2, 2):

Turn 1+ Tail Sweep until Deebs dies
Tyri comes in
Turn 1+ Early Advantage until your Bronze Whelpling dies
Bring in Widget the Departed
Turn 1+ Spectral Strike until Tyri is dead
Puzzle comes in
Turn 1 Swap to your Level Pet
Turn 2 Swap back to Widget the Departed
Turn 3 Prowl
Turn 4+ Spectral Strike
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 2nd, 2016, 1:42 pm

Darolyn wrote:With the undead nerfs, does Weebom still do enough damage for this?
Yes. :)

I was expecting that the nerf would break the Weebroom strat, but it still works.

The Bronze/Widget strat is perhaps faster, but you can't zone out as much. :)

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » November 2nd, 2016, 10:52 pm

Nagini wrote:If you wait till november 5th, you'll have a really fast leveling strategy ready: Squirt will be in your garrison and fighting her with bonuses will level pets 1-25 in 3 or so battles. There's an excellent strategy out there using an enchanted broom and a Weebomination, allowing you to level even lvl 1 pets without fear of them taking damage.

The broom is an old strat. Let me introduce you to this one I found on these forums that feels perfect for Squirt. It's so fast and smooth.
I used an S/S Bronze Whelpling and my Spectral Tiger Cub. You can sub the Spectral Tiger Cub for Widget the Departed, as well. Tail sweep Deebs until he dies, then use Early Advantage on Tyri. Bronze Whelpling will die, and then bring in Spectral Tiger Cub/Widget. One Spectral Strike and Tyri is down. http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 24#p128924

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 3rd, 2016, 7:04 am

Hi,

Yeah, I think I will be looking for Squirt ... we'll see ... however, I have never done it and the extra credit for almost any Garrison pet fight has been minimum, so I kinda question this, but will try. There are many fights that I have used up a lower level to get extra credit, but almost all of them ... get nothing for it, or the number is under 100 points, and it just plain is not worth it.

Squirt effort coming up Saturday, then! But with the pet battle bonus, I would not be surprised if it is stricken down, or nerf'd ... it's Blizzard's middle name!

Been doing well on the Level 6 characters in the Wetlands/Arathi area ... down to 2634 Levels now.

Can't believe I'm counting the Levels left!!!!! :!: :lol: :(

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794

Post by Darolyn » November 3rd, 2016, 12:47 pm

We've had two "Super Pet XP Leveling Squirt"*** Days so far since weeklys began, and one blue stated that they were two busy working up 2 pet strategies for Squirt to nerf it, so they seem to be letting us keep this, at least so far. It worked two weeks ago, non-pet battle bonus, so I'm not thinking they're going to take this away from us.

Also, Ashlei is AWESOME during Pet battle bonus, not that she isn't anyway, but one Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, and TWO level 1 carries can get to like 14, I think it is? But she's only once a day, sadly.

***Long convoluted name is due to the fact that "Super Squirt" just sounds wrong.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 5th, 2016, 8:26 am

Hi,

Is it possible to reword some of these strategies WITHOUT using some of these RARE pets that most of us do not have?

It makes it more difficult to find out what a good/worthwhile strategy can be used ... I'm still head spinning, wondering what to use for Squirt, because of the stuff mentioned here. I can see swapping a Whelpling, but can not locate a single choice for the Spectral Pet or the Broom.

Much appreciated, and thanks for the assists!

BTW, total levels left? 2547. AND Steven Wilson was a great show!
Last edited by Uduwudu on November 14th, 2016, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 5th, 2016, 11:52 am

Uduwudu wrote:Is it possible to STOP plugging in some of these strategies WITHOUT using some of these RARE pets that most of us do not have?

It makes it more difficult to find out what a good/worthwhile strategy can be used ... I'm still head spinning, wondering what to use for Squirt, because of the stuff mentioned here. I can see swapping a Whelpling, but can not locate a single choice for the Spectral Pet or the Broom.
Broom is pretty unique as a magical pet with mechanical abilities, but it's not remotely rare, it's sold in unlimited quantities via Argent Tournament, you just have to get the tokens and some rep with it on a horde toon. They're routinely traded on here if you don't have a horde toon to get the rep on. It also shows up in the BMAH sometimes (and of course the regular AH).

Spectral Tiger Cub would be, yes.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 6th, 2016, 12:29 am

Peanutty wrote:
Uduwudu wrote:Is it possible to STOP plugging in some of these strategies WITHOUT using some of these RARE pets that most of us do not have? At least mention replacements?

It makes it more difficult to find out what a good/worthwhile strategy can be used ... I'm still head spinning, wondering what to use for Squirt, because of so much stuff mentioned everywhere. I can see swapping a Whelpling, but can not locate a single choice for the Spectral Pet or the Broom.
Broom is pretty unique as a magical pet with mechanical abilities, but it's not remotely rare, it's sold in unlimited quantities via Argent Tournament, you just have to get the tokens and some rep with it on a horde toon. They're routinely traded on here if you don't have a horde toon to get the rep on. It also shows up in the BMAH sometimes (and of course the regular AH).

Spectral Tiger Cub would be, yes.
Thanks.

Got it done with Foxling Kit and Ghastly Kid as mentioned, and brought up an insane of numbers to level 21 and up ... and ... and ... I think I need a Squirt break!

Numbers down to 2172 levels left already. 3 10's, 3 8's and then we'll see which 7's can make the fire sale!

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 6th, 2016, 1:46 am

Congrats, glad you found a strategy that works for you!

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » November 6th, 2016, 7:27 am

fastest way to level pets while the pet event lasts is to have as many level 100 toons as possible and do the weekly quests (5 pet pvp wins) on each of them to get a level-pet-to-25-instantly-stone.

in wod this quests was account wide so you could only do it once: now you can do it on every toon that is level 100!

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 6th, 2016, 9:40 am

Drudatz wrote:fastest way to level pets while the pet event lasts is to have as many level 100 toons as possible and do the weekly quests (5 pet pvp wins) on each of them to get a level-pet-to-25-instantly-stone.
No issues there. I was aware of Squirt before, but had never connected her with one of the daily Pet Battles at all! Once I got that squared away, it was just a matter of doing a bit more reading to learn it, and then work on the timing of that Howl ... and all's well (usually) after that.

It's actually insane and amazing ... I'm now at 2043 Levels left as of this morning ... and I still have Monday to go as well ... and if you had told me that in this week, with Squirt and Bonus and Safari Hat I would get nearly 1000 Levels or possibly more, I would have told you ... getouttttaaaahere! ... you've been listening to Metallica too much!

(Edited - 1913 as of Monday afternoon) ... crazy ... great! Looking for next Squirt, too! I'll have a gazillion 20's and up waiting for you!)

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » November 14th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Hi,

In just a few short weeks ... totally crazy, but now at ...

58 Blues and 15 Greens to Upgrade 1346 Levels left.

All the Greens are vendor stuff and Level 1 ... you know ... too lazy to bother with those, right?

All of those Blues, btw, are at level 8 ... how's that for weird? I might need an appointment with Nurse Ratchet?