Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sweetdr0ps
Top Rater
Pet Score:9135
BattleTag®:Sweetdr0ps#1199
Realm:The Forgotten Coast-us
wondering how rare snobold runt is

Post by Sweetdr0ps » October 28th, 2016, 12:52 am

says its just a rare drop and not part of the new leashes, but how rare we talking? hmmmmm?

anyone with lots of alts and farming care to speculate?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: wondering how rare snobold runt is

Post by Peanutty » October 28th, 2016, 1:23 am

Is it actually supposed to be rarer than the RWL pets? I had a Snobold Runt and Dreadmaw both drop on 2nd kill, haven't seen any other pet drops in there in 2 other runs.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » October 28th, 2016, 7:51 am

I've gone through the 3 raids on 7 toons, and seen this pet once.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 28th, 2016, 8:48 am

Peanutty wrote:Is it actually supposed to be rarer than the RWL pets? I had a Snobold Runt and Dreadmaw both drop on 2nd kill, haven't seen any other pet drops in there in 2 other runs.
Yes. Basically said that it wouldn't be nice (or fair or something like that) if they included it in RWL due to it's rarity.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » October 30th, 2016, 3:43 pm

I have 2 snobolds from 5 runs of ToC but no dreadmaw, a friend who I gave spare runt to got none from 11 runs, another collector I spoke too has none from 8 runs, as for its rarity a sample that small is not very accurate, the tentacle from yogg however none of us have so I would say that's rarer.

Cardee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13784
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Cardee » October 31st, 2016, 11:09 pm

Ran 10 toons and got 1 Snobold Runt. I also didn't get any pets from Yogg and Arthas. It does look like Yogg's pet is rarer than the Snobold Runt, so it's weird that the former is in the achievement and the latter is not.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » November 1st, 2016, 8:00 am

Ran 13 toons through all three, got everything but the snobold and the savage cub go figure. Have them all parked outside of the entrance to do again today.

The Creeping Tentacle dropped on my last try, seems the second rarest.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 1st, 2016, 9:21 am

3 out of 30 attempts :mrgreen:

Sadly all of them are S/B breed. :roll:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Ridai
Pet Score:8932
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Ridai » November 2nd, 2016, 5:05 am

Seven runs - twice on heroic, five times on normal - and the pet dropped once.
Didn't get any pet from Yogg or LK.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » November 2nd, 2016, 10:42 am

I got 2 Snobold Runts in 6 runs last night, one Nerubian Swarmer, and one more Dreadmaw, so I now have three total.

I didn't run any other instances, I was simply going for the Snobold Runt and Nerubian Swarmer from ToC as I've badly hurt my back and can't focus on moving through an instance between fights due to painkillers. Tank and Spank in a round room is about all I can do at the moment.

Edit: I ran it on all combinations of normal, heroic, 10 and 25 man, I didn't keep track, I ran it on the highest difficulty I thought each toon could handle, I do know that the first Snobold Runt dropped on 10 normal, as did the Nerubian Swarmer, so I don't think difficulty has any bearing on drop rate.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 2nd, 2016, 3:28 pm

Re: difficulties, as far as I'm aware only the Wicked Soul has to be done on heroic (correct me someone if you got one on normal) - and that makes sense, as the souls are only part of the heroic mode mechanics. I definitely got my Snobold (thankfully an S/S) on normal 10 man.

I'd been doing everything on 10 normal just to speed through it but started turning ICC on heroic once I realized it made no sense for LK to drop a heroic model pet on normal.

Kamboozle
Pet Score:13308
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Kamboozle » November 3rd, 2016, 4:03 pm

Peanutty wrote:I'd been doing everything on 10 normal just to speed through it but started turning ICC on heroic once I realized it made no sense for LK to drop a heroic model pet on normal.
A small tip then, clear up to the LK on 10 normal. Leave ICC. Switch to 25. Run in again, switch to heroic.

Haven't tried it in Legion, but it worked in WoD, at least.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2016, 5:31 pm

Kamboozle wrote:
Peanutty wrote:I'd been doing everything on 10 normal just to speed through it but started turning ICC on heroic once I realized it made no sense for LK to drop a heroic model pet on normal.
A small tip then, clear up to the LK on 10 normal. Leave ICC. Switch to 25. Run in again, switch to heroic.

Haven't tried it in Legion, but it worked in WoD, at least.
It should still work - I used to have an ICC and Ulduar save for mount farming but it's been a while since I've needed it. I was just being lazy and trying to speed through (no real difference at lvl 100+ for 10N or 10H though).

Got my S/S Wicked Soul but trying to pick up a second so I might still make an ICC lockout.

Ulduar is slightly easier to cherry pick due to optional bosses, I plan on making a save that includes some but not all bosses (basically skirting as many of the pet ones as I can) just to shorten the run.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 3rd, 2016, 10:10 pm

it made no sense for LK to drop a heroic model pet on normal.
The spirits in the normal version of the fight as well. They are one of the main mechanics of phase 3.

Though yes, this pet is from heroic.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2016, 10:24 pm

Gilneas wrote:
it made no sense for LK to drop a heroic model pet on normal.
The spirits in the normal version of the fight as well. They are one of the main mechanics of phase 3.

Though yes, this pet is from heroic.
Oh, yes, you're correct... they drop down from above. I was thinking the inside-the-sword phase that used to give guilds fits. :D

Mawder
Pet Score:2555
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Mawder » November 5th, 2016, 8:18 am

Kudos to Blizzard for all the small changes that needed to be done to make Ulduar, ICC, and TOC soloable. It's still a lot of fun (well mostly Ulduar) to slow play it and allow the figth to progress somewhat to see how it was mean to be played back in the day.

My long-defunct guild was never able to reach General Vezax, so seeing him and Yogg for the firs time, was just as exciting as if we got to him back in Wrath.

Nikkip
Pet Score:10818
BattleTag®:Nikki#1932
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Nikkip » November 15th, 2016, 7:16 pm

35-40 runs (16 toons) have yet to see Snobold Runt, I have got dreadmaw many times, and have raiding with leashes now.....my RNG sucks

EDIT- 6 runs after posting this, i got it. maybe 1/100?

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » November 16th, 2016, 5:42 am

Took me about 30 runs to get in (on 12 chars) so considering previous posters' input, I'd say the drop rate is between 1 and 5%.

Gracies
Pet Score:5026
BattleTag®:Graciepriest#1638
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Gracies » November 16th, 2016, 6:22 am

I got the Snobold Runt on my 5th ToC run and Creeping Tentacle's back-to-back on the 6th and 7th runs of Ulduar. Still no luck with the Albino Buzzard yet though :(. Anyone have better luck with Crysa?

An update: FINALLY got my albino buzzard from Crysa. If you're trying for one, do NOT GIVE UP! Good luck! :D
Last edited by Gracies on November 23rd, 2016, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » November 16th, 2016, 6:30 am

i have 12 runns totalo of ToC for 3 swarmers, 2 snonolds and no dreadmaw, i have got 2 albino buzzards in 14 goes against crysa.