Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us
Yay! Just got my Blizzcon 2016 murloc today! :D ♥

Post by Luxxy » November 1st, 2016, 8:40 pm

Got both the alliance and horde but unsure if u can summon alliance murloc as horde and vise versa :-/ but u do get both!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Yay! Just got my Blizzcon 2016 murloc today! :D ♥

Post by Gilneas » November 1st, 2016, 8:45 pm

It seems I cannot summon them on opposite factions, but unlike the moonkin hatchlings I seem to be able to place them in a battle slot on the opposite factions. Which seems to be good since they are not functionally identical.

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » November 1st, 2016, 8:56 pm

ya thats seems to be the case, least we technically have both tho!

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » November 1st, 2016, 8:57 pm

Ok, while you can place it in a battle slot, when you start up the battle, it will not be there. So they are only usable on one side.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » November 1st, 2016, 9:01 pm

Did it come in the mail box? I keep getting a notice that I have unopened items in collections but I can't find anything to open.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » November 1st, 2016, 9:09 pm

It is in the pet journal. They are wrapped (they were at the top of my list) and I had to right click on them to open them.

The clone ability looks like it will be really good on these two.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » November 1st, 2016, 9:12 pm

Do these guys look good for anything other than faction pride? Can't find info on their stats and such. Super on the fence about the ticket since money is so tight this year. Sounds like the Horde and Alliance ones have different stat distribution so ok curious as to which is "better".

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 1st, 2016, 9:18 pm

Aeolyn wrote:Do these guys look good for anything other than faction pride? Can't find info on their stats and such. Super on the fence about the ticket since money is so tight this year. Sounds like the Horde and Alliance ones have different stat distribution so ok curious as to which is "better".
We'll be adding their pet profiles to WarcraftPets with battle information shortly!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » November 1st, 2016, 9:24 pm

The Alliance Murloc got [ability]Shieldstorm[/ability]. He might be very useful for leveling.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Luxxy
Top Rater

Post by Luxxy » November 1st, 2016, 10:09 pm

so let me get this straight, u can only summon the horde murky if your on your horde toon but cant on ally, and vise versa?

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » November 1st, 2016, 11:32 pm

Luxxy wrote:so let me get this straight, u can only summon the horde murky if your on your horde toon but cant on ally, and vise versa?
Correct.

Post by Guest » November 2nd, 2016, 1:06 am

my Knight-Captain Murky has the following stats at 25:

Health: 1441
Power: 289
Speed: 281

I did not recieve a Feat of Strength yet.

For The Alliance! has the following text:

DATA ERROR Hit Chance
Deals DATA ERROR Humanoid damage
and increases your front line pet's
damage dealt by 25% for DATA ERROR
rounds.

when I try it in combat, it doesn't seem to have any animation.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11592
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » November 2nd, 2016, 1:22 am

Gilneas wrote:It is in the pet journal. They are wrapped (they were at the top of my list) and I had to right click on them to open them.
Did you do anything specific to get that message to go away? They weren't at the top of my list. I've summoned both of them, dismissed them, lvled them and I cant seem to get this "You have unopened items in your collection" message in the bottom right of my screen to go away. Very annoying to go through last nights raid with this pop up there covering where i keep my bag bars. Wish they woulda just mailed them. :evil:

ETA - Nevermind, the message randomly went away after i completed a BG.

ETA part 2 - I log in this morning and the annoying message is back. I'm going to have to put in a ticket about this.
Last edited by Crazypants on November 2nd, 2016, 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » November 2nd, 2016, 1:25 am

Aeolyn wrote:Do these guys look good for anything other than faction pride? Can't find info on their stats and such. Super on the fence about the ticket since money is so tight this year. Sounds like the Horde and Alliance ones have different stat distribution so ok curious as to which is "better".
Pretty sure if these guys are bugged right now, but they are currently super OP. The hit chance, damage, and how long the effect last on the tooltip currently says "DATA ERROR" for competitive spirit. The slot 1 spell - Competitive spirit does 317 damage and gives 25% damage bonus to whole team permanently which is broken in itself, the other spell in slot 1 is Blitz is a non-factor as his speed at lvl 25 is 281. Slot 3 spell - Mrrrgglllggghl (clone spell for 5 rounds) doesn't sound too crazy, but in conjunction with either spell in slot 2 overpowered (125% on next attack) or whirlwind (aoe dmg) it gets ridiculous. Both of those spells are normally 3 round cooldown spells, but the clone can and will cast these spells consecutively. So normally overpowered takes a round to cast and will make your next spell stronger, but with the clone you'll essentially get free procs of 125% dmg (150% if you take into account competitive spirit) or the 317 dmg from competitive spirit.

Post by Guest » November 2nd, 2016, 1:54 am

my guy is also a level 110 Minion when displayed lol

Alien
MVP
Pet Score:5498
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Alien » November 2nd, 2016, 2:32 am

It's unfortunate that they have distinctly different abilities. Yes, half are the same, but half are not.

That means that if you play characters in both factions, now you have a pet that isn't available when you're playing some of your characters, so if you had it saved on a particular team, oh well.

If you don't play characters in both factions and it turns out one of them is Really Good Like Wow Broken(I'm not going to mention Murkalot here. Oops, I mentioned.) then if you want to use 'the good one' you will have to make character on the other side.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world. But I have been playing this game since a month after launch. I remember when Paladins and Shaman were faction-specific and then Priests had racial spells and the dwarf one (fear ward) was a must-have in raid content. That generated some discontent. I like the way the game as a whole has moved away from that.

They both look cool and I'm sure I'll have fun with them.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » November 2nd, 2016, 5:05 am

Gnorm wrote:my guy is also a level 110 Minion when displayed lol
Yeah me too, I just used the Ultimate Battle-Training Stone that I got from the quest The Very Best on my lvl 1 Knight-Captain Murky and while he now shows as lvl25 in the pet journal, he shows as level 110 when you mouse-over or if you select him. He must be bad ass :)

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » November 2nd, 2016, 6:04 am

In the pet journal he's level 1, but the summoned one says level 25...

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » November 2nd, 2016, 6:06 am

Darkchyld wrote:
Pretty sure if these guys are bugged right now, but they are currently super OP. The hit chance, damage, and how long the effect last on the tooltip currently says "DATA ERROR" for competitive spirit. The slot 1 spell - Competitive spirit does 317 damage and gives 25% damage bonus to whole team permanently which is broken in itself, the other spell in slot 1 is Blitz is a non-factor as his speed at lvl 25 is 281. Slot 3 spell - Mrrrgglllggghl (clone spell for 5 rounds) doesn't sound too crazy, but in conjunction with either spell in slot 2 overpowered (125% on next attack) or whirlwind (aoe dmg) it gets ridiculous. Both of those spells are normally 3 round cooldown spells, but the clone can and will cast these spells consecutively. So normally overpowered takes a round to cast and will make your next spell stronger, but with the clone you'll essentially get free procs of 125% dmg (150% if you take into account competitive spirit) or the 317 dmg from competitive spirit.
Yeah waaaaaay broken atm. I'm on a 30 something winning streak with it right at the moment. The only thing I have found that counters him is a pet with tidal wave, the tidal wave kills the second murloc instantly.

Yodagreatmaster
Pet Score:8846
Realm:Arak-arahm-eu

Post by Yodagreatmaster » November 2nd, 2016, 6:20 am

I play on european servers and I did not get it , sniff