Falcosaur-related activities: The goals

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Falcosaur-related activities: The goals

Post by Paladance » October 29th, 2016, 4:17 am

Just for your FOMO convenience, or greedy… I mean curious about the world! guildies. :P

Most of them do reward just some gold, but there are also those giving toys, mounts or an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone.

Toys -- Buy an item X somewhere in Dalaran for one of your hatchlings: Mounts -- Return a hatchling to the place of its origin [and take care of the clutch matriarch?]: Ultimate Battle-Training Stone -- Defeat raid bosses with your hatchling out: Being cynical about the raiding community, I should tell I could already imagine Falcosauros boosts spam despite LFR. :lol: Also note the first letters of the bosses in the mentioned order.
But hey, that was supposed to be an informational post, okay? :P

The assumed full quest path [url=http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/10/71-ptr-falcosaurus-battle-pet-preview.html#more]was apparently posted by Quintessence during PTR[/url], and these quests are mentioned on WH aswell, but I'm not sure about their exact order. Does anyone know?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Falcosaur-related activities: The goals

Post by Gilneas » October 29th, 2016, 1:24 pm

I'm up to the win 3 pet battle WQ's step with the Snowfeather and the Sharptalon. My order so far has lined up with the order on Quintessence's blog.

This step seems a little buggy. I've followed the instructions in the quest (pet has to be out, in the lead slot and survive the fight), but its done some weird stuff. Once it gave credit to the Snowfeather instead of the Sharptalon which was the one meeting the requirements (I had them both in the team since I was doing a flying Family Familiar tamer). Another time, it just didn't give credit, despite it's requirements being met. This step will be fun to get through.

Throatslit
MVP
Pet Score:13129
Realm:Nagrand-us

Post by Throatslit » October 29th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Quite involved for us poor collectors!

First night in 7.1, grabbed the Bloodgazer and Snowfeather Hatchlings. Great to see quite a few people at the WQ area. Not sure if they were there just for the AP/Gold/other rewards, but certainly a few of us looking for orphans. Fed the little guys, and then awaited the next day. Was late, so got the Sharptalon that night (after WQ resets at 1am), but missed the Direbeak - not sure if It wasn't up or I couldn't read?! Direbeak is 2 days behind the others at the moment.

As described by Quintessence (and others), the first quest had me level the 3 orphans to 25. Back to Pandaria for a quick round of trainers - ding! All sleepy and waiting again for the next day. This is where I got to see the insides of how things are working at the server side. Interestingly when leveling the orphans, on what should of been the last move in the Pet Battle before ding'ing, I would get notification of the Quest completion as soon as I hit my move. This occurred before the animation of the other pet started, before the animation of my pet, before all the damage flashed on the screen. Like when early on your toon would start cheering when capturing a pet, before the cage closed! Obviously and logically as soon as the instruction is sent to the server, in nanoseconds the result is known and this then puts into play the subsequent display on our screens.

Next day some visiting ot various inns in capital cities.

Following day, the Pet Battle quests - not so difficult at all. The orphans are strong.

World Quests with pet out gave me my first bug. In my haste I misread the quest and thought it was just "5 WQ's with pet out". No it is 5 WQ's in a certain ZONE with pet out. I went out fot eh day, and logged again that night - did a WQ in High Mountain, and all of a sudden my Quest completed for the Orphan I should of had out in.... Azuna?! ...and the WQ counted for the orphan in Highmountain?! Weird. Wasn't complaining as it was late at night, and saved me some time.

Today I have the quests to have 3 Pet Battle WQ's completed with the pet out. I have just done one so far - and can confirm that the Orphan only needs to be summoned as you enter the Pet Battle. Does not have to be part of the team (thank goodness, as I was worried I'd lose time on the Family Familiar battles I have yet to complete).

The Pet Battle I just completes was Beasts of Burden, with Andurs and Rydyr. Unexpectedly, and again a bug (?) I was awarded 2 out of 3 completions for doing this 1 Pet Battle WQ, which happens to use 2 trainers.

Looking forward to the rest of the chain, although at this step (Pet Battle WQ's) all of the birds are now going to be on seperate points on the chain, with only 3 Pet Battle WQ's available each day.

Thanks Blizz, great content for collectors.

Throatslit
MVP

Post by Throatslit » October 29th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Update:

More weirdness with the Snowfeather Team Up - the 3 x Pet Battle WQ with pet out - As mentioned above I got credit for 2 out of 3 quest parts when doing Beasts of Burden. I wnet off and did a couple of WQ's as Valarjar. I did the one where you kick the Raven's nests in Haustvald, and got a nice helm. Called in my Flight Master's Whistle, landed in Greywatch and the third part to the quest popped! This now has me completing the Pet Battle WQ quest, with only completing 1 Pet Battle WQ!

Weird!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 29th, 2016, 7:16 pm

The Pet Battle I just completes was Beasts of Burden, with Andurs and Rydyr. Unexpectedly, and again a bug (?) I was awarded 2 out of 3 completions for doing this 1 Pet Battle WQ, which happens to use 2 trainers.
I had completed Beasts of Burden before I got the quest today, but I suspect that, at least, is not a bug. It's just a perk of that particular WQ being up, I would guess. It is unique.

Throatslit
MVP

Post by Throatslit » October 29th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Maybe it is just me...

I jumped offline whilst doing those last posts (above) and have just logged back in again.

...my Bloddgazer is at my feet with a Question mark, having apparently completed his quest to perform 3 x Pet Battle WQ's, all whilst i was away.

Looking at my Quest list, the Sharptalon has been busy too, with 2/3 battles done :)

Gorlab
Pet Score:4928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Gorlab » October 30th, 2016, 8:06 am

There appear to be a number of bugs with these pet quests. I have the same 3 pets as everyone else and mine are at the complete 1 rare elite WQ with the pet out step. I did 3 rare elite WQ with one of them out and got not credit. When I swapped to another 110 character, however, I got the credit. Also when the pets go to sleep sometimes swapping characters will give you the next step so you can do multiple steps in a day.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 30th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Gorlab wrote:There appear to be a number of bugs with these pet quests. I have the same 3 pets as everyone else and mine are at the complete 1 rare elite WQ with the pet out step. I did 3 rare elite WQ with one of them out and got not credit. When I swapped to another 110 character, however, I got the credit. Also when the pets go to sleep sometimes swapping characters will give you the next step so you can do multiple steps in a day.
I'll have to try swapping toons but I don't have any max level alts. It has only given me quest credit for doing 1 WQ pet battle even though I've done one today and two yesterday. I've reported the bug but I'm pretty irritated that this is so buggy. So if I don't have another 110 I'll never get to progress past this? That's just silly.

EDIT: swapping to a lower level toon doesn't work. I just did another WQ battle, still no credit. Effectively I'm completely stuck and unable to progress with the chain. Anyone have a work around?

Gorlab

Post by Gorlab » October 31st, 2016, 10:32 am

Yes you have to use 110 alts. I have had other instances where I got credit for WQ's completed on another character. I did 4 WQ with one character and via swapping between three 110s I was able to get credit for all 5 WQs with 2 falcosaurs.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » October 31st, 2016, 3:02 pm

I opened a ticket and will report back if I can find resolution, otherwise... I'm 100% completely stuck. I won't have another 110 toon for weeks.

I seriously don't understand this new mentality of fast patches that haven't been tested at all, I've seen so many bugs and errors with this new patch it's like the entire thing was cobbled together on a calculator or something. :evil:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » October 31st, 2016, 3:55 pm

Peanutty wrote:I seriously don't understand this new mentality of fast patches that haven't been tested at all, I've seen so many bugs and errors with this new patch it's like the entire thing was cobbled together on a calculator or something. :evil:
To be fair, I don't think many were testing these falcosaur quests on PTR, either due to disinterest or simple lack of knowledge. I only started maybe a couple of weeks before 7.1 went live because Feasel mentioned it.

The number of bugs and issues that have popped up since the patch went live...it's astounding.

While testing the only issue I ran into was a few battles not counting towards progress, but that seemed to resolve while on the PTR. All other quests went smoothly (including collecting the hatchlings).

Even though I know I couldn't have reported anything because I never experienced it while testing, I still feel like a terrible tester for not having thoroughly caught all of the major issues. :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » October 31st, 2016, 5:03 pm

Quintessence wrote:The number of bugs and issues that have popped up since the patch went live...it's astounding.

Even though I know I couldn't have reported anything because I never experienced it while testing, I still feel like a terrible tester for not having thoroughly caught all of the major issues. :(
It's definitely not on you! I mean most of the things I've found are minor ("Kahdgar" for example) or minor but annoying (Thalyssra not shutting up during withered training scenario) but to have a quest chain that may or may not be completable with only 1 max level toon... that's sloppy on Blizzard's end. And I can't imagine I'm the only person who's stuck somewhere in this. I'm just venting about it because this was something I was really looking forward to doing and now, I can't.

I'm trying to be optimistic so I'm not going to do pet WQs in hopes that my ticket will get resolved by the end of the day.

And speak of the devil, it's marked answered...

Received the typical GM response: "This is a known issue right now, we as game master however are not able to verify if the Bloodfeather Hatchling was on the team during the quest, nor if it stayed alive during the battle and because of that we are not able to give credit towards the quest." but he gave me a wowhead comment link for some alternate workarounds.

So... I just tried doing all the workarounds at once. AND IT WORKED. :o Not sure which part did it but some part of: 1) Put the falcosaur in slot 1 of your team. 2) Have the falcosaur out as your summoned pet. 3) Do the battle as instructed (falcosaur can't die during battle). 4) Keep checking to make sure the falcosaur is still your summoned pet even during battle. = Success?!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » October 31st, 2016, 8:31 pm

i have had several bugs with the falcosaur quests, some to my advantage, 1 WQ counting as all of them needed, some not to my advantage such as the pet battle WQs not giving credit even though the falcosaur was in the team and summoned companion, a lower alt can turn in the quest and get the same cash reward a level 110 can i have found, bi\ut only a level 110 can get the quests to pop/

Tayanu
Top Rater
Pet Score:5505
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Post by Tayanu » November 1st, 2016, 8:54 am

Despite a few buggy quests, I managed to fully complete 2 of the hatchlings quests chains today, Snowfeather and Sharptalon.

Both rewarding their respective mounts.

Spoilers below for those not wanting to know :)

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » November 1st, 2016, 11:10 am

Unrelated to the questline but my Falcosaur just ran after a NPC right after killing a boss (He followed Tirion after I killed the Lich King) which was way too cute. YES PLEASE, MORE FALCOSAUR INTERACTIONS!

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » November 2nd, 2016, 12:45 am

Seems like you can only complete 1 leg of each chain per day now. Having multiple 110s provides no advantage. I'm assuming this was fixed with today's server reboot.

Tayanu
Top Rater
Pet Score:5505
Realm:Darkmoon Faire-eu

Post by Tayanu » November 2nd, 2016, 3:30 am

Salus wrote:Seems like you can only complete 1 leg of each chain per day now. Having multiple 110s provides no advantage. I'm assuming this was fixed with today's server reboot.
Odd I am still able to pick up the quests on multiple characters. EU here though, so perhaps not hotfixed here yet.

Gorlab

Post by Gorlab » November 2nd, 2016, 8:59 am

Salus wrote:Seems like you can only complete 1 leg of each chain per day now. Having multiple 110s provides no advantage. I'm assuming this was fixed with today's server reboot.
Still works for me on US.

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » November 2nd, 2016, 9:42 pm

And today, working on multiple characters. I have no idea, I guess it's just buggy.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » November 7th, 2016, 11:49 am

So for one of the last steps of the Sharptalon quest, 'Sharptalon Rumble' you need to complete a Pet Battle WQ with your hatchling and 2 magic pets. I did that on a first char and got proper credit (against Bodhi Sunwayver).

However, when I came back with an alt to do the very same quest in the same conditions I did not get proper credit toward the quest. Has anyone else suffered from this? Do you need to do three different Pet WQ?

As much as I like the Falcosaur concept, I feel like the quest descriptions are really lacking in precision and the quest themselves don't seem to handle alts very well at all (despite being account wide).