Raiding With Leashes IV Warning

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Raiding With Leashes IV Warning

Post by Taerie » October 28th, 2016, 4:37 pm

I''m not sure if this is common knowledge but I learned a very hard lesson today. So, I hopped over to a new realm today to trade for the last pet I needed for the achievement... I saw that I had mail from Algalon before I rushed back to my main. Race to my mailbox, nothing. Go back to the foreign realm, there's the mail... read it, get the quest... and to my absolute horror... the quest is -not- account wide. The toon that earns the achievement gets the invitation and has to complete the quest.
So... my level 1 orc on Barthilas Oceanic has a very big journey ahead of her that I'm not even sure how I'll manage. Just giving people a heads up- learn the last pet on a toon you know and love!

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: Raiding With Leashes IV Warning

Post by Gilneas » October 28th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Well, that's awkward.

Taerie
Pet Score:4641
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Taerie » October 28th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Very. I found the nicest mage on the planet though who ported me to Dal, flew me to Ulduar, and even sat by while I completed the battle! Netted myself a nice celestial bunny, 80 xp, and 15 copper :lol:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 28th, 2016, 5:51 pm

Thank you for the heads up! That sounds like a major oversight (not to mention a huge inconvenience). :oops:

Glad to hear you were able to complete it though!

I wonder if you had had a high enough level character on the same server, would you have been able to complete it. Perhaps the quest is account-wide but only for toons on the same server/in the same faction...?

Also, even though you didn't get the invitation to battle Algalon on your main character, was the quest to battle Algalon in your quest list (on your main) at least? If so, then the quest item isn't account-wide, but the quest itself is.

Wowhead currently doesn't list A Celestial Invitation (the item and the quest) as account-wide. If anyone has tested this/run into a similar situation, some additional information would be appreciated!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ziih

Post by Ziih » October 28th, 2016, 10:20 pm

what pets did you use to beat him . having trouble

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » October 28th, 2016, 10:49 pm

I had to buy and upgrade a [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] (S/S) for the Algalon fight, therefor I switched between different characters and realms for AH and stones. I didn't check the quest-log on all of my characters involved, but I'm certain that my main, who manages my pet battle supplies, saw it as an account-wide quest in the log. I didn't try the fight though.

After all that I then finished the [url=http://wow-petguide.com/index.php?m=Algalon&s=340&a=2]battle[/url] on my level 100 (same faction) who actually learned the last pet for the invitation.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Nuriana
Pet Score:13877
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Nuriana » October 29th, 2016, 7:37 am

Mh, I bought the last pet (after many frustating attempts on alts to farm it myself) on a foreign realm, learned it, got the invitation from Algalon, switched back to my main on my home server and did the fight there without any problems.

And many thanks to Quintessence for her great strategy on her blog. I don't know if I could have made it without!

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » October 30th, 2016, 11:40 am

This would have bit me for sure, thanks for the heads up!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » October 30th, 2016, 11:48 am

Taerie wrote:I''m not sure if this is common knowledge but I learned a very hard lesson today. So, I hopped over to a new realm today to trade for the last pet I needed for the achievement... I saw that I had mail from Algalon before I rushed back to my main. Race to my mailbox, nothing. Go back to the foreign realm, there's the mail... read it, get the quest... and to my absolute horror... the quest is -not- account wide. The toon that earns the achievement gets the invitation and has to complete the quest.
So... my level 1 orc on Barthilas Oceanic has a very big journey ahead of her that I'm not even sure how I'll manage. Just giving people a heads up- learn the last pet on a toon you know and love!
2-man mount to Northerend?

AFAIK, Algalon is located outside Ulduar..