New Trainer, New Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
New Trainer, New Pet

Post by Quintessence » October 27th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Crysa is a new trainer in Northern Barrens, and she has a new reward bag that can drop a new pet ([pet]Albino Buzzard[/pet]). (Big THANK YOU to Selis for pointing this out to me!)

She's located 63, 35 or south of Nozzlepot's Outpost (just beyond the mountain-ish area on the world map).

Offers a daily account-wide quest.

She has 3 level 25 epic pets - Cherry, Swoop, and Buzz.

Not sure if she's Horde only (I haven't tried battling her with an Alliance character yet). Both factions can battle her (thanks for confirming [profile]Hazelnuttygames[/profile]!)

Please add to this thread if you have additional information others may find helpful.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: New Trainer, New Pet

Post by NeverFinal » October 27th, 2016, 5:10 pm

I wonder if there are more trainers for each family since Crysa is specifically labeled as Flying Pet Tamer.

Either way here is my strat to beat Crysa:

Relatively easy fight.

2 pet Strat (may be able to get in a leveling pet somewhere. Ill try it out tomorrow)
I have tried this once so outcome may be different until i get it down a few times.

Breed probably doesnt matter.

Nexus Whelpling [P,B] (1,2,2)
Feline Familiar [P,B] (1,1,2)
Anything (Another heavy magic user if you want to be safe)

1st Flyer:
Round 1: Arcane Surge
Round 2-4: Mana Storm; First flyer will die on Round 3 and second flyer will enter and get hit.

2nd Flyer:
Round 1: Mana Storm finishes.
Round 2+: Tail Sweep til Flyer is dead.

3rd Flyer:
Round 1: If Nexus is still alive Tail Sweep until Nexus dies.
Round 2: Bring in Familiar; Prowl. Flyer should use Lift-Off.
Round 3+: Onyx Bite til Flyer dies.

<3 -- Kalamine of Zuluhed Horde

Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Hazelnuttygames » October 27th, 2016, 5:14 pm

I can confirm that she IS available to fight as Alliance. Woohoo!

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11088
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » October 27th, 2016, 5:23 pm

Found another pet tamer pet that was added in 7.1. No idea what tamer has it though.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=105262/dignity

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 27th, 2016, 5:44 pm

My level 3 pet gained 6 levels from Crysa's battle. Not sure where that puts this encounter in terms of pet experience, but seems ok?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Solitha » October 27th, 2016, 6:21 pm

NeverFinal wrote:Found another pet tamer pet that was added in 7.1. No idea what tamer has it though.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=105262/dignity
Dignity is one of Aulier's pets on the world quest The Master of Pets, in Suramar. No idea why Wowhead is showing him new in 7.1.

Taking another tack, I noted that the Torn Sack of Pet Supplies has a flavor text specific to Crysa, and did a search for the same type of item (consumable, newly added, uncommon quality). There are currently no other items on Wowhead that suggest other tamers are around. This isn't definitive, though.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » October 28th, 2016, 1:57 am

Thanks for posting this sending an alt to park there as soon as i log in, must get pet!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » October 28th, 2016, 9:22 am

Jazeel wrote:Thanks for posting this sending an alt to park there as soon as i log in, must get pet!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I am glad you mentioned this. It has been so long since I used to park alts at the trainers that I had completely forgotten about it.

Drlambda
Pet Score:5543
Realm:Arthas-eu

Post by Drlambda » October 28th, 2016, 7:45 pm

I was able to solo it with Emerald Dragon-Whelp with 3 Emerald moves. Her attacks don't seem to follow a pattern, but you can switch in your leveling pets pretty safely on the turns after she switches in the second and third pets. Just don't try it with level 1s, they're gonna die to Cyclone from the second one.
CloseToZero - Watch me lose on youtube with bad pets! :D

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » October 28th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Killerkarl wrote:
Jazeel wrote:Thanks for posting this sending an alt to park there as soon as i log in, must get pet!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I am glad you mentioned this. It has been so long since I used to park alts at the trainers that I had completely forgotten about it.
Just a word of warning for those who quickly create a Troll or an Orc. Next to the trainer is a spawn location of Takk the Leaper. So make sure you level your alt a little bit before parking him/her there. The corpse run is rather long. :oops:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 29th, 2016, 3:06 am

As always, appreciate the heads-up news from Warcraftpets.com. Have a long unused alt camped there now.

Sepsis
Pet Score:4668
BattleTag®:Kaivic#1622
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Sepsis » October 30th, 2016, 1:06 am

For Alliance trying to get there quickly, the teleporter to Ratchet at the Shrine is still available for 10g. See the gnome just outside.

Kamira
Top Rater
Pet Score:6196
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kamira » October 30th, 2016, 3:51 am

Quintessence wrote:My level 3 pet gained 6 levels from Crysa's battle. Not sure where that puts this encounter in terms of [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829]pet experience[/url], but seems ok?
Odd. My level 17 pet started the fight, swapped first round and survived the whole ordeal. Yet it did not get any experience.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 30th, 2016, 7:35 am

Kamira wrote:
Quintessence wrote:My level 3 pet gained 6 levels from Crysa's battle. Not sure where that puts this encounter in terms of pet experience, but seems ok?
Odd. My level 17 pet started the fight, swapped first round and survived the whole ordeal. Yet it did not get any experience.
You cannot swap in the first round. To gain experience, a pet has to be active at the end of at least one round. You can swap in any other round, because choosing a pet after one dies is considered finishing a round and that counts.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 15th, 2016, 2:08 am

I managed to get Crysa standing on the roof with her pets far above me aswell. It was awesome.

However, I couldn't make a screenshot because I was hurrying up before the reset. (And was too late anyway.)

I was foolish enough to go with double Nex because of that and lost a LEVEL 10 carry with no way to forfeit because of [ability]Mana Surge[/ability] going. :roll:

Any idea to 2-pet other than posts above or [ability]Sandstorm[/ability] adding even more RNG (Sign of the Critter is coming)?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » December 15th, 2016, 7:17 am

my 2 pet strategy starts like the strategy listed above, except for the second pet i use darkmoon zeplin. when your 1st pet dies switch to zepplin, use decoy then rocket until her last bird is at 620hp or less, then use the explode talent. your carry pet gets the exp.

yuo need to make sure that her last pet is not going to use her heal or take-off ability on the same turn you explode, pass if that is the case.

this strategy works 4 out of 5 times, ocassionally rng gets the best of you though.

your carry pet will need about 500-600 hp to be sure to survive the tornados.

with the safari hat on i am getting about 2800exp iirc, compare to about 4800 for pandera or wod trainers. so not great but not terrible. ive been doing it every day for about a month now with no luck on the albino buzzard. ive had 3 class specific quality upgrade tokens drop (all for classes where all my pets were already rare quality though).

sorry for the lack of detail and poor writing, im responding to this via my phone and am going off memory. if its not clear enough, pm me and ill fix it when i get home :)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 15th, 2016, 11:43 am

Hey, don't worry. I'm not fond on phone writing aswell, especially constantly losing sessions.

Yup, I've been recently discussing [ability]Explode[/ability] solutions with Aranesh, but some bad cases of RNG -- related to that waiting for exhausting the cooldowns of the third pet -- are pretty discouraging.
Someone has suggested applying a form of crowd control to the second pet to swap the presence order (perhaps the bird would then insist on casting the cyclone first, haha), but with arcane weather (at least when using a Nex) you're limited to death grip family.

Thank you. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » December 15th, 2016, 1:52 pm

Haven't had any trouble using carry pet / Nexus Whelpling / Emerald Proto-Whelp so long as the starter carry pet has enough health to handle the annoying Cyclone that the flyer always uses. This team has worked for over 40 battles, none of which has yet gotten me the Albino Buzzard. Two Flawless Flying Battle Stones but otherwise the usual pet junk.