World quests unlocking on alts

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu
World quests unlocking on alts

Post by Angelcat2887 » October 25th, 2016, 2:26 pm

has anyone else heard about this? I was it on a 7.1 round up video that opening the world quests on one toon will now unlock them for every toon when they reach 110.

so that means no more alts using the loophole for the family familiar achievement. :(

Grats to thos that have finished it, as it seems the rest of you are going to be at it for a while now, I was still levelling my alt :cry:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: World quests unlocking on alts

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2016, 2:49 pm

I haven't been able to test this myself, but from what I've heard there is still an "unlock" quest to turn in. The only difference in 7.1 is that alt toons no longer have to earn Friendly reputation with Broken Isles factions (if your main toon has WQs unlocked).

My understanding is that you can still use the alt-method for Family Familiar, just avoid turning in the WQ unlock quest.

If anyone can confirm/deny this, please let us know!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » October 25th, 2016, 3:15 pm

I will be testing this on an alt tonight, but it is my understanding, just as Quintessence said, that you have to turn in the quest, the quest just doesn't have the friendly rep pre-requisite.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Ockham
Pet Score:4622
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ockham » October 25th, 2016, 3:59 pm

Here is what I discovered today, I saw that Sir Galveston and Robert Craig were up for WQ and I need both of them for the cheevo. I have been doing the alt method on my mage but typically I would do the trainers first on my main for the WQ reward and then log on the alt and go do all the rest of the pet family battles.

So I logged on main first and did Sir Galveston, then I logged on the alt to do the rest of the families, and while she could interact with him, she was NOT able to battle him. At first I thought they nerfed it completely and was just going to bite the bullet and go turn in the new quest to unlock WQ on alts but I thought I should check Robert Craig first.

I flew out to Craig on the alt and WAS able to battle him and do all the families. I did not fight him first on the main. So as far as I can tell there are 2 main possibilities:

- They nerfed this just for the Dalaran tamers, won't be able to confirm til tomorrow when a new one pops.

OR

- They made it so that if you finish the WQ for that tamer you can't fight them again on characters that don't have WQ unlocked.

Or I just bugged out somehow and no one else has noticed this, always a possibility.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » October 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Ockham wrote: So I logged on main first and did Sir Galveston, then I logged on the alt to do the rest of the families, and while she could interact with him, she was NOT able to battle him.
Oh dear!! He is the last one I need for the achieve (or rather, one of the options for the last one) and I only need him for seven families. I dearly hope the alts still work. If not, suppose I can finish this for two families. :( Why couldn't you have spawned yesterday, mean ol' Sir Galveston?

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806

Post by Rhapture » October 26th, 2016, 1:10 am

I was also not able to complete Sir Galveston on my alt, even though my main had not completed the quest. I went back on my main and battle him to see if that would change anything, but he still wanted nothing to do with my alt. So it seems that he is no longer allowing us to use the alt-battle method.

To test things further I also went ahead and did Robert Craig on my main before trying my alt to see if that affected anything and I am happy to say that I was still able to go and battle him on my alt. So it seems that only certain trainers (maybe Dalaran ones?) are not allowing us to use the Alt-method while others are allow us to use it regardless of whether or not our main already battled them that day.

Ch4ndy
Pet Score:11573
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Ch4ndy » October 26th, 2016, 3:00 am

Odrogg is up in EU currently. I did the WQ on my main, and now I'm standing in front of him on my alt and he is NOT allowing me to battle him.

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » October 26th, 2016, 8:30 am

What is the alt battle method?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 26th, 2016, 10:06 am

Kalium wrote:What is the alt battle method?
I cover it more in-depth and "how to" on [url=http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/09/complete-family-familiar-achievement.html]my blog[/url], but short answer: "alt method" = level up a second character to 110 and DO NOT unlock World Quests. Prior to 7.1 this alt could challenge the daily WQ trainers and repeat the battles endlessly (no rewards though), allowing for faster progression through Family Familiar.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 26th, 2016, 10:44 am

Quintessence wrote:
I cover it more in-depth and "how to" on [url=http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/2016/09/complete-family-familiar-achievement.html]my blog[/url], but short answer: "alt method" = level up a second character to 110 and DO NOT unlock World Quests. Prior to 7.1 this alt could challenge the daily WQ trainers and repeat the battles endlessly (no rewards though), allowing for faster progression through Family Familiar.
do this still work post 7.1 ?

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » October 26th, 2016, 11:26 am

Reports I've read is that its no longer possible. Loophole fixed. #sadpanda. Do share if anyone have contradictions.

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » October 26th, 2016, 11:45 am

Quintessence wrote:
That is... cool I guess. Been doing it the slow steady way.

On a side note, Amazing Blog!

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806

Post by Rhapture » October 26th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Amalia is up in Dalaran for me today and I am sad to report she will not battle my alt.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » October 26th, 2016, 1:45 pm

I hit 110 on my third character today and was able to battle Robert Craig in Stormheim several times before the WQ reset on me. I was up against the clock so I knew I wouldn't finish what I was trying to do but bottom line is that I WAS able to battle him multiple times. And no, I did not turn in the WQ unlocking quest yet on this alt. You get the quest automatically but you don't have to turn it in, therefore you don't have to unlock WQ at 110.

I should note this was the day AFTER the patch hit.

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Ssparkles » October 26th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Thanks to this loophole I'd managed to get 4/10 Families completed before patch. My remaining 6 all need just 1 Tamer on them. So I was super excited to see Odrogg up today.
My main could battle him.
I'd messed up with the Bloodgazer Hatchling yesterday so I had unlocked WQ on one of my alts to get the Hatchling. Flew him out and he could battle. Got the rep and another 4 Mech stones.
Took another alt out that did not have the WQ unlocked yet and that one could not battle.
Sad to see this bug go, but I'm so grateful for the progress I did manage to make with it active. This is such a massive achievement. After every maintenance I'd log in with my fingers crossed hoping it was still active.

My only issue now is I still need 4 more Families and I only have 3 more alts I can unlock WQ on.
Sigh

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » October 26th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Jaladar wrote:I hit 110 on my third character today and was able to battle Robert Craig in Stormheim several times before the WQ reset on me. I was up against the clock so I knew I wouldn't finish what I was trying to do but bottom line is that I WAS able to battle him multiple times. And no, I did not turn in the WQ unlocking quest yet on this alt. You get the quest automatically but you don't have to turn it in, therefore you don't have to unlock WQ at 110.

I should note this was the day AFTER the patch hit.

Same situation for me -- I had an alt that didn't have WQ unlocked and she could repeat battle Robert Craig, but not Sir Galveston.

Ockham
Pet Score:4622

Post by Ockham » October 26th, 2016, 7:44 pm

Just to add my follow up, my alt today was NOT able to battle either Amalia or Odrogg. :? The thing I am still curious about is why Robert Craig worked yesterday. I am gonna wait to unlock WQ with her until I get a chance to test other tamers I still need.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » October 26th, 2016, 10:59 pm

It looks like its level a bunch of alts to do it now. At least no farming friendly rep on alts.

Daedrynn
Top Rater
Pet Score:12984
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Daedrynn » October 26th, 2016, 11:41 pm

I can confirm the loophole is fixed. In the last two days, there have been 4 trainers available for the FF achvmt. I was not able to battle any of them on my alts. Not the ones in Dalaran and not the ones in the rest of the world. I only needed Sir Galveston to finish and I was so excited when he was up. But alas, it looks like it will be weeks before I can finish. What's worse is that I battled him on three occasions before I knew about the loophole. So many wasted opportunities. :cry:

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » October 26th, 2016, 11:53 pm

Several people on Xu-Fu's blog also do report the Robert Craig's availability.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507