Limited time for Alliance Enthusiast / Horde Fanatic?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mich
Pet Score:12614
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu
Limited time for Alliance Enthusiast / Horde Fanatic?

Post by Mich » October 25th, 2016, 7:38 pm

Now we have these new pvp pets popping in the 7.1 patch (Dutiful Squire and Dutiful Gruntling). Assuming they'll be rewards for prestige level 1 of season 2, does that mean that we won't be able to get the Alliance Enthusiast / Horde Fanatic as soon as season 2 begins (in december ?)

That would mean we now have JUST A MONTH left to get BOTH of them before they permanently become non available ? I'm worried about that ! :o

:shock:

Could someone share any kind of information about this ? Any reason not to worry ? Thanks !

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Limited time for Alliance Enthusiast / Horde Fanatic?

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2016, 7:59 pm

Blizzard is increasing the Prestige levels, NOT resetting them. As far as I know, the PVP Prestige pets will continue to be available even once Season 2 comes out.

The current level cap is 1 through 5 (the Fanatic/Enthusiast is the reward for Prestige 1), and next PVP season (coming Soon™?) will increase the levels past 5.

They haven't officially explained how the upcoming rewards will work, but if it's similar to this Season, we can probably expect the Dutiful companions to be rewarded at Prestige level 5 or higher.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mich
Pet Score:12614
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Mich » October 25th, 2016, 8:28 pm

Thank you for your quick answer. That's quite reassuring, as I am currently very late, still leveling though Legion content, and I really like to take my time !
Anyway, grinding through 5 prestige levels is daunting... :cry:

And, even if they are not resetting pvp prestige ranks between seasons (btw, has Blizzard explicitely declared that? and if so, where ?) we can expect these pet rewards (4 so far...) will disappear at the beginning of the next expansion... so if we want to *catch them all*, we are condemned to daily pvp duties during the whole course of Legion expansion. And if 2 new pets are added at EACH of 6 expected pvp seasons...that means 30x2 prestige levels, omg.

I'm not thrilled....!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2016, 10:24 pm

Mich wrote:And, even if they are not resetting pvp prestige ranks between seasons (btw, has Blizzard explicitely declared that? and if so, where ?) we can expect these pet rewards (4 so far...) will disappear at the beginning of the next expansion... so if we want to *catch them all*, we are condemned to daily pvp duties during the whole course of Legion expansion.
It was clarified on the [url=https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/status/779433947981688832]WarcraftDevs Twitter[/url].
"Yes. Current plan is to increase max prestige each season, with more rewards. Prestige level will not be reset until the next expansion."
So technically, yes, they're limited time pets, but "limited time" = this entire expansion, not just from season to season. In other words, don't procrastinate on collecting these pets! (I'm 100% guilty of avoiding it... :oops: )
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » October 26th, 2016, 12:46 am

It is not that bad. It takes me less than 3 weeks to prestige just by doing all the pvp world quests, except the arena ones.