Falcosaur Matriarch bugged

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us
Falcosaur Matriarch bugged

Post by Chibimage » October 25th, 2016, 3:25 pm

It's not working properly at all. The quest does not spawn when you kill her - I've tried 4x now. Some people seem to be able to get it but not everyone. It's really broken right now.

And no, I'm not in a raid.

Dragonaa
Pet Score:9034
Realm:The Scryers-us

Re: Falcosaur Matriarch bugged

Post by Dragonaa » October 25th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Its not actually a quest and it doesn't spawn right next to her /tar orphan will help you out the can be far from her the snowfeather one is at the edge of the world quest area while the mom is in the middle.

Balrog
Top Rater
Pet Score:13825
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Balrog » October 25th, 2016, 3:31 pm

You don't get a quest when she dies, the orphaned hatchling spawns, somewhere nearby (sometimes not so nearby). Just run around looking for an orphaned [insert species of falcosaur] and then give it its favorite food by right-clicking it and selecting the option (you need to have the food in inventory). Then you receive the pet. Summoning the pet for the first time gives you a quest above its head to start the chain. Hope that helps.

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » October 25th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Yeah I'm sorry i was trying to be fast -- the Orphan doesn't always spawn. That's what I meant!

I don't know if its random or not, but it's not 100% I had to kill the matriarch 3 more times before it showed up.

And yes, I had it tagged and it wasn't greyed out or anything.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Killing the Matriarch should spawn the orphan 100%, but there are phasing issues in the active falcosaur WQ areas. Either CRZ, shard, or whatever it's called is likely messing with the spawning.

A guildmate and I had a similar problem for both Bloodgazer and Snowfeather.

Here are some things that we tried that ultimately helped:
  • Leave the questing area and come back
  • If in a party, drop group and reform
  • If not in a group, find someone from your server in the same area and create a group with them
  • Kill the Matriarch again (and be sure to loot her body - there is no special item you need to pick up, but [url=https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/790961691785781248]Muffinus mentioned it[/url] so maybe the action of looting is important)
And lastly, the orphan doesn't spawn directly next to the Matriarch. It has a static spawn in the questing area; using /tar orphan helps locate it.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Chibimage
Top Rater

Post by Chibimage » October 25th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Yeah, I can't say exactly what made it spawn eventually -- I was solo. I looted her - and I knew where she spawned thanks to a nice fella who showed me but it eventually worked.

Also, I had to fly back to Dalaran to buy the grapes and the orphan was still there! So that's good news.

I finished the Snow one before I realized what I needed to do, so now I'll head back there and see if I can make it happen with the WQ being complete. Never hurts to try!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » October 25th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Do we have a list of what food each one needs?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Each falcosaur's pet profile here on WarcraftPets has what each one prefers in the Notes section.

Here's the list in condensed form.
(If you want to try and figure out which food for each hatchling yourself, spoilers ahead!)
  • [pet]Bloodgazer Hatchling[/pet] - Azsuna - Azsunian Grapes
  • [pet]Direbeak Hatchling[/pet] - Stormheim - Pungent Vrykul Gamalost
  • [pet]Sharptalon Hatchling[/pet] - Val'sharah - Dried Bilberries
  • [pet]Snowfeather Hatchling[/pet] - Highmountain - Smoked Elderhorn
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Subjectv
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Subjectv » October 25th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Has anyone been able to get both orphans today? I was able to get the Azsuna one with no trouble, but the Highmountain one is giving me the same problem as all of the above posts. I'm wondering if there's a limit of one per day/week/set amount of time?

Subjectv
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Subjectv » October 25th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Okay friends, I figured out the problem I was having. Here's what I did, and here's where I found the Highmountain orphan! Hopefully this works for you guys too.

As I mentioned above, I had no trouble getting the Aszuna orphan. I killed the matriarch and the orphan immediately spawned nearby. I already had the food on me.

Highmountain, not so much. I killed the matriarch three times and spent a good 40 minutes in the area. Finally saw this post and others on Twitter suggesting leaving the area and coming back, so I ported to Dalaran and flew back out here. When I re-entered the area, I spammed "/tar orphan" and got it almost immediately. I found him just on the border of the WQ area. Attached two screenshots that I hope prove helpful for you guys!

Note: I didn't kill the matriarch again after re-entering the area. The orphan was there waiting for me.

Unfortunately, because I haven't posted eight times yet, I'm unable to post links or images. You'll have to remove the spaces below to see my screenshots. Maybe someone else can post them here for me.

Map:
i . imgur . com/LQZj7j9.jpg

Area:
i . imgur . com/07E72KB.jpg

Good luck!

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11160
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by NeverFinal » October 25th, 2016, 8:23 pm

So from looking on wowhead and getting the Snowfeather myself. The Oprhaned Snowfeather spawns at 32,28 after the Matriarch has been killed. Its up on a cliff to the south, well away from any of the other mobs. Its a weird place so this is maybe why so many people are having trouble finding it. Not 100% if this is the only spawn but from wowhead this is where everyone is finding it.

And yes I can confirm that you can get both the Azsuna and Highmountain one in one day.

Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Solitha » October 26th, 2016, 12:58 am

I was unable to find it after killing the Matron and completing the quest.

I used my whistle, and ran back. No orphan.

I used Dreamwalk, and flew/ran back. No orphan.

I went to kill the Matron again, then ran back... orphan!

Also of note... none of the food is actually consumed.

Nuriana
Pet Score:13877
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Nuriana » October 26th, 2016, 2:23 am

Had to kill the Sharptalon Matriarch twice in order to see the orphan.
The orphan waits on a hill almost right next to his mama at 46.94 10.73.

Edit:
You can buy the needed food in Dalaran - no need to fly around to pick it up.
The Aszunian Grapes are sold by Applebough - the treant right to the alliance inn.
You can buy Pungent Vrykul Gamalost and Dried Bilberries from Fialla Sweetberry in front of the shop for cheese & wine.
Amisi Azuregaze,the innkeeper at the neutral inn in the middle of Dalaran sells Smoked Elderhorn.

Hope it helps ;)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 26th, 2016, 2:48 am

Yes, you can get both falcosaurs that are up on the same day. And yes you can pick them up even if you are done with the WQ for the day.

They were very buggy for me. I killed one Matriarch multiple times and ended up realm hopping before the orphan appeared, killed the other twice before it appeared.

The food is NOT actually consumed and so I traded it on to another player once I was done. :)

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » October 26th, 2016, 3:55 am

Been and done the first one, but where does the Matriarch actually spawn? I killed stuff till the quest was done, but no sign of a "boss" mob?

Never mind, found her. Expected something... bigger :P

Nuriana
Pet Score:13877
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Nuriana » October 26th, 2016, 5:31 am

There are four zones with WQs with Falcosaurs and I don't know if American and European servers share the same, so you need to narrow down which Matriarch you're looking for, Index ;)

I managed to get three of the hatchlings today because I got online to finish the WQ from Aszuna just in time - there were only 15 minutes left...
Now we need to wait for the one in Stormheim to appear.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » October 26th, 2016, 10:34 am

NeverFinal wrote:So from looking on wowhead and getting the Snowfeather myself. The Oprhaned Snowfeather spawns at 32,28 after the Matriarch has been killed. Its up on a cliff to the south, well away from any of the other mobs. Its a weird place so this is maybe why so many people are having trouble finding it.
Thank you so very much! I spent close to a hour killing the Matriarch and then running around looking for the orphan before I found your post. On the plus side I did get a boatload of leather from abandoned kills.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » October 26th, 2016, 10:41 am

same here missing stormheim WQ to pop.

Jarekucb
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Jarekucb » October 29th, 2016, 4:33 pm

I have an issue where my journal was at 1000 and I feed the falcosaur and didn't get the pet. So I tried to kill the Matriarch to feed the pet again, after about 50+ kills, I gave up. There's a bug with once you feed the falcosaur, you will never see it again. RIP I probably will never get the pet again

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » October 29th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Jarekucb wrote:I have an issue where my journal was at 1000 and I feed the falcosaur and didn't get the pet. So I tried to kill the Matriarch to feed the pet again, after about 50+ kills, I gave up. There's a bug with once you feed the falcosaur, you will never see it again. RIP I probably will never get the pet again
This sounds like something you should put in a ticket for.