hmmm is that change recently ?
i had it 3 week in a row ...
But thanks for the info.
Patrick

Solana
Top Rater

Re: Kosumoth wierdness

Post by Solana » October 20th, 2016, 9:34 am

GrosBonda wrote:hmmm is that change recently ?
i had it 3 week in a row ...
But thanks for the info.
Patrick
Apparently it was supposed to be on a two week timer all along but had been resetting weekly until this past Tuesday. Presumably, they have fixed it: [url]https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/778349253781364737[/url].

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 20th, 2016, 2:59 pm

It's been a two-week timer for me from when I first did it the 2nd week or so of the expansion.

There's not been a change. It might look odd to you if you, say did it 3 days before it reset. It would then be up again on Tuesday.

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » October 21st, 2016, 6:25 am

Not sure about that. I've killed him 4 times in as many weeks and received a pet each time because that was the available quest. Up until this week, that is.

Blue_frog
Pet Score:4970
BattleTag®:Kalyn#1830
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Blue_frog » October 21st, 2016, 8:19 pm

I'm kinda sick of seeing the pet. We went a whole patch without seeing the gosh darn mount.

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » October 21st, 2016, 9:07 pm

Blue_frog wrote:I'm kinda sick of seeing the pet. We went a whole patch without seeing the gosh darn mount.
Typical Blizzard, ive been seeing this for 12 years now. They dont give a damn about how well a patch is playable, only adhering to their release date. They rely upon free beta testing by the community, never test patches themselves adequately, and constantly release broken content depending on our addiction to the game to keep us playing. It really leaves a rotten taste in my mouth.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 22nd, 2016, 6:07 pm

Solana wrote:Not sure about that. I've killed him 4 times in as many weeks and received a pet each time because that was the available quest. Up until this week, that is.
It has not been changed. It's been the same from the start.
Typical Blizzard, ive been seeing this for 12 years now. They dont give a damn about how well a patch is playable, only adhering to their release date. They rely upon free beta testing by the community, never test patches themselves adequately, and constantly release broken content depending on our addiction to the game to keep us playing. It really leaves a rotten taste in my mouth.
Really doesn't have anything to do with Kosumoth. You're looking at, what 4 resets of the quest since Legion launched? That's just the nature of something that's determined randomly. A coin wasn't poorly tested at the mint just because it comes up tails 4 times in a row.

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » October 22nd, 2016, 10:37 pm

Gilneas wrote:It has not been changed. It's been the same from the start.
That is incorrect - at least where I stand. I've actually been attuned for 5 weeks - not the 4 I previously stated. I got my last four orbs on September 13th when the hotfix went through. Each week a quest has been available to me. Therefore, I have 5 [pet]Hungering Claw[/pet] pets. That would mean it was resetting once per week. I wouldn't have 5 pets after being attuned for 5 weeks unless there was a reset every week ...not sure why you are insisting this quest has always been on a 2 week timer. I'm sure that was the initial intent but that was obviously not the case at least for some of us. However, now the quest appears to have been fixed to reset every two weeks which explains why nothing is available for me.

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » October 22nd, 2016, 10:45 pm

Logansfury wrote:
Blue_frog wrote:I'm kinda sick of seeing the pet. We went a whole patch without seeing the gosh darn mount.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've played for just over 10 years and in the last few years especially the content is pushed to the sales floor riddled with loads of design flaws and severe class imbalances. It almost feels like they have no alpha/beta testing whatsoever. We're also getting less content in each expansion while the cost of the expansions themselves rises. It's a sad situation that is definitely reflected in their sales productivity. Remember last year when Blizzard stated they would no longer release sub numbers because they were at an all-time low? There are several factors to consider with sub counts that low but poor design and lack of content are definitely at the top of the list.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » October 22nd, 2016, 10:47 pm

Really doesn't have anything to do with Kosumoth. You're looking at, what 4 resets of the quest since Legion launched? That's just the nature of something that's determined randomly. A coin wasn't poorly tested at the mint just because it comes up tails 4 times in a row.
My understanding of this WQ has always been that it is supposed to alternate rewards every week, not determine randomly. I have 4 hungering claws from 4 weeks of killing Kosu, Solana has 5 weeks of kills and 5 pets. Im not willing to believe a 50/50 shot doesn't show both possibilities in 9 rolls between two people. Its certainly possible, but incredibly unlikely. I believe I read a post here from an EU player that stated their kills were alternating fine for at least 3 weeks since introduction of the mob. Im still of the mindset this is a broken mob on US servers.

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » October 23rd, 2016, 11:54 am

Logansfury wrote:My understanding of this WQ has always been that it is supposed to alternate rewards every week
The roll is region-wide, not per character. Flipping 6 heads in a row is not unprecedented.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » October 23rd, 2016, 5:56 pm

Salus wrote:The roll is region-wide, not per character. Flipping 6 heads in a row is not unprecedented.
Excellent point, I dont know how I got in the mindset of adding up toon rolls. Whats happened on the EU servers up til now? Im sure I can recall an EU player post that the first 3 weeks there went pet, mount, pet. Did that continue to alternate?

Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Alkaia » October 25th, 2016, 2:52 am

I've only been attuned for three weeks in EU.
Three pets.

Oddly enough Kosumoth wasn't available for me after reset last week, so I thought it must have been fixed to a 2 week timer.... until yesterday when the quest appeared on my map, complete with Claw reward.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » October 25th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Just woke up and checked map, Kosu is up and its the pet again >.<