Anyone else not have a WQ in Dalaran for days?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us
Anyone else not have a WQ in Dalaran for days?

Post by Chibimage » October 5th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Used to be at 11am there would be a new World Quest in Dalaran.

But for the past few days there aren't even any NPCs out there anymore. Is this happening for anyone else?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Anyone else not have a WQ in Dalaran for days?

Post by Gráinne » October 5th, 2016, 6:05 pm

I don't get one every day, and didn't get one today, but yesterday, it was Fight Night: Rats! (EU)

Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Chibimage » October 5th, 2016, 7:58 pm

So the fact that I've gotten one every single day since making 110 and unlocking WQs is somehow strange?

When there is no quest for you, are the NPCs there?

Because right now, it's 100% empty, no one is there, not even the daycare lady.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 5th, 2016, 8:13 pm

The Dalaran pet arena doesn't always have a WQ and can skip multiple days. On days where there isn't one, there's nothing sitting in that arena. Everyone in the same region gets the same WQs so it's not like one person can't see them and another can (only exceptions are areas gated behind rep, i.e. Suramar).

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 5th, 2016, 8:29 pm

I had splint jr either yesterday or the day before. Nothing today. It's been random for me whether I get it. However, if I do get it, it is normally Sir Galvaston! He needs to take a long vacation.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » October 6th, 2016, 3:49 am

Is it strange that you haven't missed a day? depends how long you've been 110, I guess. I don't remember any missing days in Dalaran recently, but I surely have seen them. And, as Peanutty says, on days where there isn't one, there's nothing sitting in that arena.

P.S. I see there is none in Dala today either in EU.

And yes, if we could send da boyz around to convince Sir Galveston that it would be good for his health to spend a couple of months in a place far away, like Silithus, that'd be great.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » October 6th, 2016, 10:04 am

Hi,

Just got the whistle ... now I guess I have to use it ... and hope that a Pet something or other shows up?

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » October 6th, 2016, 10:11 am

Get the addon World Quest Tracker from Curse. It will show you all available WQs, including the pet ones.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » October 6th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Gráinne wrote:And yes, if we could send da boyz around to convince Sir Galveston that it would be good for his health to spend a couple of months in a place far away, like Silithus, that'd be great.
Seriously. They should name the Dalaran pet arena to "Galveston's Murkalot abuse arena" or something. Him and Bohdi Sunwayver seem to have taken up permanent residence there. :roll:

I wish they'd considered having either a set rotation, or allowed you to re-battle (for no additional credit or XP gain) these guys just so we're not looking at a 2 year achievement lol (and no I don't currently have a 110 alt with WQs locked to take advantage of that).

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 7th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Gráinne wrote:And yes, if we could send da boyz around to convince Sir Galveston that it would be good for his health to spend a couple of months in a place far away, like Silithus, that'd be great.
Seriously. They should name the Dalaran pet arena to "Galveston's Murkalot abuse arena" or something. Him and Bohdi Sunwayver seem to have taken up permanent residence there. :roll:

I wish they'd considered having either a set rotation, or allowed you to re-battle (for no additional credit or XP gain) these guys just so we're not looking at a 2 year achievement lol (and no I don't currently have a 110 alt with WQs locked to take advantage of that).
It's not that bad. It's rough now in the early going, but it goes pretty fast as you get more 110s. Even at 2 it feels like it's very quick. I would have a couple finished if the appropriate fights would show up.

The cheat won't work come 7.1 anyway.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » October 7th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Gilneas wrote:It's not that bad. It's rough now in the early going, but it goes pretty fast as you get more 110s. Even at 2 it feels like it's very quick. I would have a couple finished if the appropriate fights would show up.

The cheat won't work come 7.1 anyway.
I won't have any alts leveled for months most likely, so slow slogging for me then.

And it's Galveston again today! And Robert Craig. At this point, I'm no longer surprised lol.