Knockoff Blingtron more rare than previous blingtron pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Knots
Pet Score:9641
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us
Knockoff Blingtron more rare than previous blingtron pets?

Post by Knots » October 5th, 2016, 9:59 am

Does anyone know if Knockoff Blingtron is significantly more rare than previous blingtron dropped pets? Looking at the undermine journal there are only six listed on the auction house in the entire US region. This seems crazy to me. Is it just because no one wants to use engineering this xpac?

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Knockoff Blingtron more rare than previous blingtron pet

Post by Angelcat2887 » October 5th, 2016, 10:24 am

i think its because its harder to lvl up, and the fel slate is still worth a lot so using it for a blington i think is that last thing people will so. as the the price drops i think we will see more of them.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » October 5th, 2016, 12:21 pm

In Legion there doesn't seem to be a common spot where people place Blingtrons. During WoD people just put them in front of the Garrison and announced it in /1 (general chat). Nowadays I see the Blingtrons 5000 all over the place, almost anywhere in Dalaran, Order Halls, Quartermasters for the Emissary Quests, etc. In the rather rare case anyone actually places a Blingtron 6000 chances are high that not many players get a gift package.
Last edited by Sarajiel on October 6th, 2016, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » October 5th, 2016, 4:38 pm

Sarajiel wrote: In the rather rare case anyone actually places a Blingtron 6000 chances are high that not many players get a gift package.
Not mention that if you have grabbed a 5000 you are locked from receiving a 6000 gift. I'm sure we'll see more of the knockoffs later in the expac, but it may be a while.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 5th, 2016, 10:05 pm

I'd say the currently higher rarity of the Blingtron 6000's is the biggest factor.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » November 11th, 2016, 10:31 am

I think the cost is a factor; you need a battery to activate him, and that costs 6 felslate which on my server is about 300g. 300g a day for a chance at a pet I see a lot of people scoffing. (I'm OCD so its a no brainer lol if only I could do a mythic dungeon to unlock my recipes)

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » November 12th, 2016, 2:30 pm

It's only 300g per day if you buy the felslate. I imagine most will eventually have a stockpile of their own and 6 felslate won't be a big deal at all.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 13th, 2016, 2:48 am

I have no idea, if the pet is rare or not... The actual Blingtron is pretty damn rare...

To date, on Draenor-EU, I have seen TWO Blingtrons... TWO!! On the biggest Horde server in EU...

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579

Post by Kendrah » November 13th, 2016, 10:17 am

Sarajiel wrote:In Legion there doesn't seem to be a common spot where people place Blingtrons. During WoD people just put them in front of the Garrison and announced it in /1 (general chat). Nowadays I see the Blingtrons 5000 all over the place, almost anywhere in Dalaran, Order Halls, Quartermasters for the Emissary Quests, etc. In the rather rare case anyone actually places a Blingtron 6000 chances are high that not many players get a gift package.
If they upped what they put into it via vendor greys or such, I think more people would use it. There's no comparison with blingtron 5000. It costs basically nothing to make, you don't have to invest more into it, and the gift packages are worth more. So, for me, it's honestly worth more than just the cost of felslate each day. Hexweave bags sell for a ton and those packages drop profession stuff, so I save both the felslate and make more hexweave bags to sell.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » November 14th, 2016, 12:25 pm

I crafted a Bling 6k and drop it daily in Dalaran in hopes someone will get the pet and sell it ;)

So far, no dice.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » November 15th, 2016, 2:37 pm

I'm 15 points from being able to make mine, I can't do mythic dungeons so I have to create triggers for the final points to 800 (and darkmoon faire if its up). Collecting bloods (you need 50) is a pain but right now the best way. Once he's made I'll pop him every day until I get my blingtron. Dalaran seems to be the choice spot.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 15th, 2016, 3:22 pm

Also may I suggest for those of you who are kind enough to drop your Blingtron 6ks (or who see one), list a group in the custom group finder for it. I have my group finder addon scanning for Blingtron groups all day, and never see any. Seems crazy but anything that can pull more pets out of this guy is a good thing IMO.

Spinachdip
Pet Score:10920
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Spinachdip » November 15th, 2016, 5:04 pm

myself, random guildies, wife grab this everyday from the bling6k i drop. 35+ for 2 of us + guildies. looking at a min of 250 so far. none of us have seen it :|

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692

Post by Saasan » November 15th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Not only have I not gotten a pet from the 6k, I've only gotten very trashy trash. At least 5k gives me useful items or spendy greys sometimes. :(

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » November 16th, 2016, 4:13 pm

If the felslate is part of the issue, it seems 7.1.5 is adding a recipe for a reusable Reeves battery, eliminating the daily ore cost.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » November 16th, 2016, 6:46 pm

I keep an alt on Illidan so I can buy the harder to get pets that never seem to show up on my AH. I have been seeing some for around 400k there and am just waiting for the price to come down some.