Legion leveling pet dailies

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tffnynelson
Top Rater
Pet Score:8020
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Legion leveling pet dailies

Post by Tffnynelson » September 29th, 2016, 6:33 pm

So has anyone started a list of what daily trainers are worth using for leveling?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Legion leveling pet dailies

Post by Gráinne » September 29th, 2016, 7:26 pm

If you just want to level pets, it seems that Sternfathom's Pet Journal gives you infinite tamer fights, so no need to look further.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16175

You just know they gotta nerf that at some stage....

Tffnynelson
Top Rater
Pet Score:8020
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Tffnynelson » September 29th, 2016, 9:43 pm

Yeah but it doesnt give great XP, I tried it today and my level 12 only went to 14

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » September 30th, 2016, 3:36 am

From Jerebear's Carry Pet Experience Reference:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

For Pandaria tamers:
experience = 12.5*[ (your_pet_level + 9)*(30 - your_pet_level) ]

I just did a Shipwrecked Captive battle with a level 21. No hat, no buffs.

I got 2025 XP

That works out at
experience = 7.5*[ (your_pet_level + 9)*(30 - your_pet_level) ]

7.5 is the multiplier used for pre-Pandaria tamers.

I see comments saying that he used to give better XP. I assume his factor was nerfed from 12.5 to 7.5.

I actually regard this as good news for people who are levelling pets. With Squirt, Blizzard restricted the cheap levelling to one day every few weeks, and that day was a nightmare. I might have expected Blizzard to restrict Shipwrecked Captive to once per week, or perhaps once per day, or once per week per character. Instead they seem to have nerfed him to give 60% of his original experience, but he can be battled at any time, as much as you like. I'd call that a good deal. :)

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » October 5th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Gráinne wrote: I see comments saying that he used to give better XP. I assume his factor was nerfed from 12.5 to 7.5.

I actually regard this as good news for people who are levelling pets. With Squirt, Blizzard restricted the cheap levelling to one day every few weeks, and that day was a nightmare. I might have expected Blizzard to restrict Shipwrecked Captive to once per week, or perhaps once per day, or once per week per character. Instead they seem to have nerfed him to give 60% of his original experience, but he can be battled at any time, as much as you like. I'd call that a good deal. :)
Add in that you don't need to travel anywhere and it's really not such a bad deal, especially during a pet exp week. Hopefully they don't nerf him more before the next week at least!

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » October 5th, 2016, 6:27 pm

The more I think about it, the more I realise that kids these days don't know how easy they got it. :P

You still have the traditional wild battles, and lower-level tamers.

You still have Draenor and Pandaria, for full tamer XP, but limited to 17 battles per day, with an hour's travelling.

You still have Squirt, for unlimited turbo-powered fast levelling one day every few weeks.

And now you also have Shipwrecked Captive, for unlimited anytime half-fat tamer XP.

Plus, of course, Stones and Charms.