More PvP Prestige pets!!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Killerkarl
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Sen'jin-us
More PvP Prestige pets!!!

Post by Killerkarl » September 20th, 2016, 2:04 pm

They are adding more pets for prestige?

As if having to do it once on Alliance and once on Horde wasn't bad enough now we are going to have to keep going. I am really fearful that the 2 they are adding in 7.1 will not be the last of them either.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: More PvP Prestige pets!!!

Post by Kel » September 20th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Since I don't do PvP, it's just more pets I can't obtain. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » September 20th, 2016, 3:59 pm

Kel wrote:Since I don't do PvP, it's just more pets I can't obtain. :cry:
Just be sure and do the Bareback World Quest every time that it is up and you will slowly get there. All you have to do is kill 20 animals in the area to complete it and I rarely see any pvpers there to bother me.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 21st, 2016, 2:12 am

Killerkarl wrote:
Just be sure and do the Bareback World Quest every time that it is up and you will slowly get there. All you have to do is kill 20 animals in the area to complete it and I rarely see any pvpers there to bother me.
Unfortunately that isn't really realistic in that, in order to hit prestige with just that quest, you'd have to do it almost 170 times (if I calculated it correctly). And depending on the realm, it might actually be worse than doing the other PVP quests. I've never gotten ganked doing the tower WQs. I've been ganked plenty doing Bareback Brawl.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » September 21st, 2016, 6:56 am

As a pet collector, this is soooo depressing. Before that change, one could get basically every pet in the game (outside of promotion pets) without having to do anything but pet battles and old raids. Now you have to do pvp, achieves and what not :(, makes me wonder if I'm going to continue trying to 'catch them all'.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 21st, 2016, 11:21 pm

QFT

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » September 22nd, 2016, 10:53 am

Oh goodness me, I.. ok. yeah, I guess I'll have to pvp some more. Hopefully this isn't going to be a thing they keep doing. Like next expansion we'll be up to prestige rank 30 battle pets and they'll happily announce a pet for gladiators only. A bit can be OK, you can even get them slower doing reasonably safe things... but if we're going into serious pvp things... the thing is pvp never gets overgeared or over leveled.

You can't go back and wreck old pvp content as a rule because well, you just go up against similarly matched other humans. So it's not the same as adding cageable sellable pets to current raids. So while it might be really tempting to add uncagable pets to higher end pvp, that is the one content no one will ever be able to casually farm while relaxing 3 years later. That's my only issue with adding more pvp pets, that they'll go too far.

Ishildur

Post by Ishildur » September 22nd, 2016, 11:34 am

Killerkarl wrote:
It's certainly the best of the FFA pvp areas. But it needs to be active as a WQ of course and I've had to sort of remind a few people to stay away from me in there. Any time someone gets the dragon they apparently feel invulnerable and need to be shot in the face a few times to remind them hunters can still hurt fliers.

So yes, it's the best of the FFA ones and all the FFA ones are 500 honor as opposed to the normal 300 honor of the others... But all the FFA are a bit riskier as other players from your faction will still have an incentive to kill you. While if you run into 3 other players taking a tower you'll all just have a happier faster experience. I'd say try a tower or two just to see if it's something you could picture yourself doing without screaming in frustration? It may be your server is way less dead than mine and it's a horrible mess with camping duos of druids and rogues, it's gonna vary a lot by servers and time you're doing it I'm sure. But it might be like mine where you're more likely to die from falling off the tower than even seeing a horde player.

Zogs
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Zogs » September 25th, 2016, 5:57 am

I personally love the PVP pets and hope there is lots more of them. Collecting pets like Dream Whelpling and Lagan feel just as toxic for me to get as it would the pvp ones for pve'ers. And to be honest guys half the "pvp" stuff out there is pretty much pve anyway. All of the world quests except for 3 that rarely spawn are simply killing npc's. I have already prestiged on alliance. I would say 70% was world quests. Battle grounds are a pretty long way to grind it.

Zampo
Pet Score:4451
BattleTag®:RedJohn#1968
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Zampo » September 25th, 2016, 10:40 am

Zogs wrote:I personally love the PVP pets and hope there is lots more of them. Collecting pets like Dream Whelpling and Lagan feel just as toxic for me to get as it would the pvp ones for pve'ers. And to be honest guys half the "pvp" stuff out there is pretty much pve anyway. All of the world quests except for 3 that rarely spawn are simply killing npc's. I have already prestiged on alliance. I would say 70% was world quests. Battle grounds are a pretty long way to grind it.
I get what you're saying, but 'm not sure Lagan and Dream Whelping are the best examples. First, Lagan can be bought on the AH and the Dream Whelpling can be captured by joining a group that has already cleared the instance, so you could avoid pve for both of those.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 25th, 2016, 1:49 pm

Zogs wrote:I personally love the PVP pets and hope there is lots more of them. Collecting pets like Dream Whelpling and Lagan feel just as toxic for me to get as it would the pvp ones for pve'ers.
Most, if not all, raid-only pets are in fact tradeable so you need only buy it off someone. So I'd like to see the same with PVP pets. This would be beneficial to both PVPers and non-PVPers: the PVPers could make a tidy sum selling pets, and non-PVPers could still obtain the pets without being forced to do something they don't want.

Navimie
MVP
Pet Score:9445
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Navimie » September 25th, 2016, 11:39 pm

Doing the world quests religiously can get you to prestoge quickly. Those warden towers are not bad esp with a buddy or via group finder. One of my guildies who doesn't even pvp just did his world quests and has already prestiged and now resetting to do go through all the talents again going for prestige 2. The towers don't have much fighting against opposing faction - way less stressful than the brawls.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 26th, 2016, 1:39 am

I guess I'm not trying hard enough then. I'm doing up to 3 rounds a day of PvP WQs (so that's up to 12 WQs) and no less than 1 round a day, so I'm averaging about 8 PvP WQs a day. Still don't feel like I'm making any progress, and it's exhausting having to check every 5 hrs to see if a new set is up, because I feel terrible if I miss a set like I had to today, due to conflict with raid times.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » September 26th, 2016, 2:31 am

The double nerf to the PVP WQs has pretty much ruined them. I only bother now if they award AP or I'm super close to an honor level.

Making them show up every 5 hours was dumb enough but reducing the honor gain to 150 for the towers is blah. You're literally better off just forming a 3v3 team and spamming arena. Even if you go in and lose terribly in 30 seconds you get 50 honor. It's actually made me a lot more accepting of triple DPS teams because the games end super quickly for better or worse.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 26th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Wow I just came on here to make sure I wasn't seeing things. The towers are now set to 18 HOURS? I thought 5 hrs was too tight a window but now I'm basically restrict to once a day whether I like it or not. I almost feel like Blizz is trolling me: I complained 5 hrs was too short, so here, take 18 hours instead! :evil:
Last edited by Peanutty on September 26th, 2016, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ishildur

Post by Ishildur » September 26th, 2016, 4:15 pm

Yeah, I get wanting to limit the amount of honor but this isn't trimming the fat. It's not even cutting to the bone, it's more like grinding those bones into dust. I used to obsessively clear the map. Then I started skipping the low gold missions because... really don't need that. Then the order hall resource missions on my main because well, have 40k resources and getting some every time I do a WQ thanks to follower. The honor nerf is enough to add the pvp missions to that list too (I used to always do the pvp WQ just because they were pretty fun). So, AP or 840+ gear reward world quests only. I really don't know if I can recommend those quests at half the reward and much higher time between quests, I know the nerf liberates me from the majority of them.

Killerkarl

Post by Killerkarl » September 26th, 2016, 6:03 pm

The nerf is really disappointing. Hopefully when they run a battleground weekend I will be able to knock a big chunk off.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » September 27th, 2016, 1:47 am

Oh wow. I think Blizzard might probably have dropped a showstopper to my pet collecting - at least partially. Seeing 7.1 will add another pair of prestige reward pets and the first set of pets requires prestige lvl 1 on both factions, I really fear the pets for later seasons will come at PL5 and then on PL9 etc. because mounts and artifact appareances are also repeated on every PvP season.

This means I would need to cap my prestige levels always on both factions making it feel REALLY OBNOXIOUS task. So I'd need to grind 400k honor in total each season which outright just sucks. This would be somewhat ok if you only needed to gather the honor on only either faction, but on both, sigh. Just sigh...
- Taking your candles since 2005

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » September 27th, 2016, 8:02 am

They really are trying to get everyone into each of the content groups.
While I understand that, I am not happy. If the pets were tradeable it wouldnt be that bad,, i always opted to grinding gold and buying the raid pets, rather than raiding for which I have no time.
PvP is just something I dont enjoy at all, so likely these pets will be beyond me.

The grind itself seems heavy but not prohibitively so.