PSA: Kosumoth the Hungering is fixed

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us
PSA: Kosumoth the Hungering is fixed

Post by Darkchyld » September 13th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Not sure if people were trying for the orbs for the pet, but the maintenance fixed it so now you do not have to wait for an hour cooldown just to compete with people camping it. If you didn't know how to obtain the pet, check out the wowhead comments for the detail and coordinates and it sends you off to talk to an NPC and click on orbs and finally to get a WQ to kill Kosumoth the Hungering to get your Hungering Claw pet for US servers. EU should have maintenance soon and they get the mount again I'm assuming.

NeverFinal
Pet Score:11160
BattleTag®:NeverFinal#1703
Realm:Bladefist-us

Re: PSA: Kosumoth the Hungering is fixed

Post by NeverFinal » September 13th, 2016, 3:06 pm

I just bought one for 15k. Server Average seems to be around 125k so hopefully I did good.

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 13th, 2016, 10:46 pm

With the fix it just takes about an hour or so to get the pet, I was about to pay 30k but I had some faith in Blizz to fix that nonsense.

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » September 14th, 2016, 1:52 am

Does progress on this get wiped with the weekly reset? I was on orb 6 last week and was never able to progress. Not sure if I should start over or just continue on as I was.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 14th, 2016, 2:42 am

Aeolyn wrote:Does progress on this get wiped with the weekly reset? I was on orb 6 last week and was never able to progress. Not sure if I should start over or just continue on as I was.
Progress does not reset from week to week. I was on orb 6 last week as well and was able to go pick up where I left off.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Aeolyn
Pet Score:2593
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Aeolyn » September 14th, 2016, 3:10 am

Thank you. I am now the proud owner of a claw. Cheers, Quintessence!

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » September 14th, 2016, 11:23 am

It is now a pretty painless pet to get, only takes around an hour to run around to all the sites.

Only thing that you need is some crowd control or distraction for one mob like a class pet or mirror images.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 16th, 2016, 1:03 am

I did Kosumoth this wednesday and got the ugly and useless mount (I swim faster than the mount)..

Do I need to do all the Orbs etc, next time the WQ is available?
Also, do I need to keep the skull-thingy?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 16th, 2016, 1:49 am

FuxieDK wrote:Do I need to do all the Orbs etc, next time the WQ is available?
No, once you complete the ritual you don't need to collect all the orbs again. You're attuned for Kosumoth on that character from here on out.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » September 16th, 2016, 2:29 am

Just a suggestion.

Quest chain one of the most annoying I ever did, partly cause can't even start without a Wowhead guide on where you need to go. And then the Orbs, some really hard to find.

Going to invest some serious time into this. And Hungering Claw getting cheaper by the minute at AH. Just suggesting.

FuxieDK

Re: PSA: Kosumoth the Hungering is fixedd

Post by FuxieDK » September 16th, 2016, 3:41 am

Ranok wrote:Just a suggestion.

Quest chain one of the most annoying I ever did, partly cause can't even start without a Wowhead guide on where you need to go. And then the Orbs, some really hard to find.

Going to invest some serious time into this. And Hungering Claw getting cheaper by the minute at AH. Just suggesting.
The only Orb I had problems finding, was #7 (there are two caves, one hidden) and the one in the sunken ship (tiny tiny holes, barely visible you have to squeeze through)...

But I cuncur with the chain is a bit weird, as there are apparantly no clues in-game to the orbs, so without datamining, noone would ever have compled the chain..

Pob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Re: PSA: Kosumoth the Hungering is fixedd

Post by Pob » September 16th, 2016, 8:35 am

FuxieDK wrote:But I cuncur with the chain is a bit weird, as there are apparantly no clues in-game to the orbs, so without datamining, noone would ever have compled the chain..
The table next to the NPC that starts the chain has all the locations marked out on his table, it's how the original group of people who brought this to attention found the caves.

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 16th, 2016, 9:25 am

Ranok wrote:Just a suggestion.

There are a lot of videos also since the caves are so hidden that helped me find where I needed to go.

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » September 16th, 2016, 12:25 pm

Thanks for the tip. Picked up my Claw yesterday.

Best and easiest video I found was on a YouTube channel from a player called Mad Season Show. Just search him on YouTube and you'll find it. Video is 8 minutes long and incredibly detailed. Very easy.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » September 19th, 2016, 1:16 am

Quintessence wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:Do I need to do all the Orbs etc, next time the WQ is available?
No, once you complete the ritual you don't need to collect all the orbs again. You're attuned for Kosumoth on that character from here on out.
And the skull-thingy? Can I throw it, in the bin?

Thupid
Top Rater
Pet Score:9552
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Thupid » September 19th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Was hanging out on the island where he spawns and he was popping up every 5 min, killed him 8 times and no pet, had to buy one off the AH for 5k.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 19th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Thupid wrote:Was hanging out on the island where he spawns and he was popping up every 5 min, killed him 8 times and no pet, had to buy one off the AH for 5k.
He doesn't directly drop the pet that's why. The pet is rewarded to you for doing the associated Wardens quest. You only get the quest if you're attuned. Read the rest of the posts above for info.