Legion Pet Battle World Quests

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Legion Pet Battle World Quests

Post by Prettyheals » September 2nd, 2016, 2:17 pm

My main got to level 110 last night, and I was excited to try the Pet Battle World Quests today. I was disappointed to note that there are no Pet Charms as a reward for these battles. The 3 I fought before the reset gave pet bandages, 2 critter level stones, and pet bandages. The 3 after reset awarded artifact power tokens. I don't really see me doing this at all except to satisfy an achievement. They are easy to 2 pet, so you could use them to level pets.

Why do we still have pet charms as currency if the only way to earn them is with old content? Am I missing something? It was my impression from content descriptions released before launch, that these quests were supposed to drop 4 pet charms each as a reward...

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Re: Legion Pet Battle World Quests

Post by Quintessence » September 2nd, 2016, 2:34 pm

The rewards are randomized but to compensate for that, more Pet Charms are rewarded (when they are the reward ofc). I received 20 the other day from a single World Quest.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Prettyheals

Post by Prettyheals » September 2nd, 2016, 3:43 pm

Thanks for the info Quintessence. It sucks to be so unlucky, but at least I can hope for better luck next time. I did manage to get my Dust Bunny and the Eye of Inquisition today. I was pretty happy about that. :D

Prettyheals

Post by Prettyheals » September 3rd, 2016, 12:57 pm

Today I got 13 pet charms as a reward from one of the trainers, so it seems the number of pet charms you get is also variable, in addition to whether you receive them at all, or something else, such as pet class level stone or pet bandages. Just thought I would add that if others didn't know, or hadn't started doing the pet world quests yet.

Sun_smasher
Pet Score:3850
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Sun_smasher » September 3rd, 2016, 11:15 pm

So am I correct in assuming you need to be 110 before you get to do the battle pet quests and take advantage of the pet battle area in Dalaran?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 3rd, 2016, 11:40 pm

Sun_smasher wrote:So am I correct in assuming you need to be 110 before you get to do the battle pet quests and take advantage of the pet battle area in Dalaran?
Yes, you need to be level 110 and friendly with the Broken Isles factions (minus The Wardens) before you can complete the Pet Battle World Quests.

There IS a Pet Battle quest that you can pick up and complete at any level: http://www.wowhead.com/item=122681/sternfathoms-pet-journal

Side note: If you are level 110 and not friendly, you can still enter battle with the WQ objectives/trainers, but you won't get quest complete (earn rewards) or earn credit towards the [url=http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10876/battle-on-the-broken-isles]Battle on the Broken Isles[/url] achievement (rewards Pocket Pet Portal - pet journal increase item).

The silver lining to this is that you can complete [url=http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9696/family-familiar]Family Familiar[/url] a lot quicker if you have not unlocked WQs yet. You can enter and complete the battle over and over (but won't receive rewards). The downside to this cheese strat for Family Familiar is that you won't get credit for Battle on the Broken Isles.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Beyonder
MVP
Pet Score:12531
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Beyonder » September 5th, 2016, 8:41 pm

I just think it is lame you are getting Order Resources from defeating a Legion World Pet Battle master, something that has nothing to do with pets. And today I only got 1 Battle Master to show up, the other 2 World Pet Quests were ludicrous quests that rewarded pet bandages! :( The other one rewarded Order resources also. Looks like the nerf for pet charms was incorporated into Legion :evil:

Needles to say I did not waste my time even doing those. I did not get any pet charms, except for the tiny amount from Draenor.

Looks like it is going to take a very very long time to get those achievements for the family teams, a tactic that was purposely created.

Wild Pet Collecting Warning; Viscous Broodling and Stormstruck Beaver are a pain to get.

Prettyheals

Post by Prettyheals » September 6th, 2016, 7:53 am

I just think it is lame you are getting Order Resources from defeating a Legion World Pet Battle master
Yes, this. I have a ton a resources already, probably way more than I need. What I do need from PET world quests are pet rewards. I definitely don't need more pet bandages, but I will accept that not every quest I complete will yield something I need. However, at least pet bandages are a reasonable reward for a pet quest.

I mistakenly thought that these rewards were completely variable. That was giving me hope for better luck the following day. It seems like a fair number will give predetermined rewards that are just plain useless. Sigh... :roll:

It may just be me, but at least I know which ones I can skip, provided I know what the reward is before completing the battle.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692

Post by Saasan » September 8th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Sun_smasher wrote:So am I correct in assuming you need to be 110 before you get to do the battle pet quests and take advantage of the pet battle area in Dalaran?
Yes, you need to be level 110 and friendly with the Broken Isles factions (minus The Wardens) before you can complete the Pet Battle World Quests.
Good, that's what I thought. I was a little embarrassed to ask, and a little embarrassed that I haven't started the world quests yet... Alts call my name!

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » September 10th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Darktower wrote:Am I the only one that cant see the pet quests on my world map??? But If I log into the app I can see them just fine..anyone got any tips on how too fix this.

Grab World Quest Tracker addon. It makes sorting and seeing the world quest a whole lot easier than the default.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » September 11th, 2016, 6:45 am

Do you have the option to see them turned on [profile]Darktower[/profile]?

If you click the magnifying glass on your world map it'll bring up a few options, one being Pet Battle World Quests. I think it's turned off by default, so I would check that first.

Othros
MVP
Pet Score:13656
BattleTag®:sohopixie#1885

Post by Othros » September 12th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Some World Quest pet battles award pet charms. If you mouse over the green paw on your map it will tell you what the awards are -- class hall resources, pet charms, etc. When they award pet charms, the number is more like 15-20.

And yes you have to be 110 and have unlocked World Quests by getting thru the opening bit of the Suramar quest chain and do the class hall quest where you become friendly with the 5 reps (Val'sharah, Azsuna, Highmountain, Stormheim, and Suramar). Hope this is helpful.

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » September 12th, 2016, 12:10 pm

Just wanted to throw this out there for those who are saying they don't want to do the pet WQ that give order resources or whatever reward they don't like. I'd suggest doing them at least once since you need to do 30 DIFFERENT pet battle WQ to unlock the item that increases your pet cap to 1500. Just something to think about.

Othros
MVP

Beguiling Orb Pet Battle strat, Azsuna

Post by Othros » September 12th, 2016, 12:23 pm

I haven't been able to find strats for the Legion World Quest pet battles online yet (aside from the thread on single-family pet battles here [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16174&p=128786&hilit=family+familiar#p128786[/url], but that's advanced pet battling ;) )
I started putting together a guide for my guildies (many of whom don't pet battle) and thought I'd post here on warcraftpets.

Beguiling Orb Pet Battle
Court of Farondis, Azsuna
1. Bone Serpent 1, 1, 1
or Macabre Marionette 2, 1, 2
Or other pets with Bone barrage and Death and decay abilities. Both these abilities continue thru pet swaps and are good against humanoids like murlocs.
2. A grub or a maggot i.e.
Devouring Maggot 2, 1, 2
Mr. Grubbs 2, 2, 2
Use the Goo (multiplies damage) before the Burrow ability
3. Rapana Whelk 2, 2, 1

Othros
MVP

The Maw Pet Battle strat, Val'sharah

Post by Othros » September 12th, 2016, 12:25 pm

The Maw Pet Battle
Val’sharah

I used 3 dragonkin pets. Prob any comb of strong dragonkin would work. I used:
Chrominius 1,1,2
Emerald Proto-Whelp 1,1,1
Nexus Whelpling 2,2,2

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » September 12th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Quintessence wrote:Do you have the option to see them turned on [profile]Darktower[/profile]?

If you click the magnifying glass on your world map it'll bring up a few options, one being Pet Battle World Quests. I think it's turned off by default, so I would check that first.
I had the same issue (regarding not being able to see the Pet Battle World Quests) and this was all it was for me....took me a few days to figure it out mind you, but easy fix lol ;)

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Beguiling Orb Pet Battle strat, Azsuna

Post by Jaladar » September 12th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Othros wrote:I haven't been able to find strats for the Legion World Quest pet battles online yet (aside from the thread on single-family pet battles here [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16174&p=128786&hilit=family+familiar#p128786[/url], but that's advanced pet battling ;) )
I started putting together a guide for my guildies (many of whom don't pet battle) and thought I'd post here on warcraftpets
Try checking out Xu-Fu's guides @ [url]http://www.wow-petguide.com[/url]

Great resource for all sorts of Pet Battles and associated achieves, and it's updated for Legion. Alternative pets are available for most fights if you don't have access to all of them. Combined with Warcraft Pets, they are the perfect combination.

Othros
MVP

Post by Othros » September 12th, 2016, 11:17 pm

[quote]Try checking out Xu-Fu's guides
Great resource for all sorts of Pet Battles and associated achieves, and it's updated for Legion. Alternative pets are available for most fights if you don't have access to all of them. Combined with Warcraft Pets, they are the perfect combination.[quote]

My bad! I went there earlier but bc Xu-Fu's blog (on the home page) hadn't been updated for a couple days I (mistakenly!) assumed there was also not more up-to-date info elsewhere.

I see now that the second tab for Legion contains all the up-to-date info. Thank you so much for encouraging me to take a second look.