Help with Zoom! [Gastropod Shell Toy]

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Help with Zoom! [Gastropod Shell Toy]

Post by Darkchyld » September 2nd, 2016, 9:37 pm

I can't seem to get the pet doing it the normal way, but the Wowhead comments state that if someone uses the gastropod shell toy, you can ice the other snails that race against him (a bit cruel, I know) for the pet/achievement. If someone has some time to help out, it'd be super useful. I am on Horde side.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Re: Help with Zoom! [Gastropod Shell Toy]

Post by Ganksinatra » September 4th, 2016, 11:17 pm

Seems like a practice makes perfect situation, I got it on my first try (granted it was a close race) Theres seems to be a set amount of time you need to be still to block them, so don't stop directly in front of them give a little space.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 5th, 2016, 12:22 am

I found out that you can complete this achievement and collect Zoom in a group. Really helpful to have more than one person blocking the other snails.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 5th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Quintessence wrote:I found out that you can complete this achievement and collect Zoom in a group. Really helpful to have more than one person blocking the other snails.
^ this. Bring a buddy and it's much easier.

Also the way it works, it takes some trial and error... you (and your friends) need to stand slightly in front of the snails you're blocking, facing them, and just. don't. move. When the snails get close or under you it significantly slows them down. Once they get by just move back a few yards and repeat. I misunderstood and kept running back and forth, trying to "kick dirt" at them, but it doesn't work that way.

I tried using the Gastropod toy too but if you mess it up it has a long CD.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 9th, 2016, 6:47 am

Darkchyld wrote:I can't seem to get the pet doing it the normal way, but the Wowhead comments state that if someone uses the gastropod shell toy, you can ice the other snails that race against him (a bit cruel, I know) for the pet/achievement. If someone has some time to help out, it'd be super useful. I am on Horde side.
Is this the Snail Race in Highmountain?

I saw someone do it, while questing/levellig, but haven't found a way to do it myself...

Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Averalorax » September 9th, 2016, 9:42 am

I will agree that it is possible to achieve while in a group. My guildmate did it while teamed up with 2 others. While one helped her, all three of them got Zoom.

I managed it on my own on the second try. The first time I did try it walking backwards, facing the nasty big snails. It did not work for me. The second time I just crept along walking forward, and that worked. I have my camera pulled all the way back and that enabled me to see the snails well enough to block.