Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
The Elusive Dust Bunny

Post by Kurasu » August 30th, 2016, 8:44 am

It's pretty apparent that Dust Bunnies have multiple spawn points, and/or have a longer respawn than the original 10-15 minutes.

At the moment, Wowhead only mentions their spawn in the barbershop. Having camped said barbershop for well over an hour, I can safely assume the spawn is considerably longer than one hour, or (more likely) that only one carpet can be spawned at a time in the city.

So, what spawn points are out there? Has anyone got spawn time ideas? I can't be the only person who's hungry for a bunny.

Dharma
Pet Score:2240
Realm:Bronzebeard-eu

Re: The Elusive Dust Bunny

Post by Dharma » August 30th, 2016, 9:37 am

I clicked on a Dusty Rug near Breanni in Dalaran. It vanished then suddenly the streets were full of Dust Bunnies :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 30th, 2016, 9:42 am

In addition to the barber shop and Breanni's shop, it can also spawn on the floor above the Ledgerdemain Lounge in Dalaran (Broken Isles).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » August 31st, 2016, 6:32 am

When they spawn (from the rug), do they only become available for you? Or can other people see/battle them?

I know when you put down a Turtle Box, the four turtles it spawns are available for everybody.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » August 31st, 2016, 6:49 am

You get a 10 minute personal buff, that allows oyu to see them. I had around 10-12 total spawns, and managed to bag a nice fast rare one :)

GL and happy hunting!

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 31st, 2016, 12:38 pm

Index wrote:You get a 10 minute personal buff, that allows oyu to see them. I had around 10-12 total spawns, and managed to bag a nice fast rare one :)

GL and happy hunting!
Buff is actually 15 mins

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 31st, 2016, 3:10 pm

Kurasu wrote:When they spawn (from the rug), do they only become available for you? Or can other people see/battle them?

I know when you put down a Turtle Box, the four turtles it spawns are available for everybody.
As far as I could tell they're only phased to you (no one else stopped to battle them, so I have to assume they couldn't see it - meanwhile the moment I put down the Young Mutant Warturtle box people immediately pounced.) :roll: So you can take your time and set up your capture team, and you can safely forfeit to look for rares or breeds, etc.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 31st, 2016, 11:07 pm

Got it!

We had a server restart, so I waited up for it, logged out in the Barber Shop, and when I logged back in there was a large circular blue rug with yellow trim in the middle of the floor behind the barber's chairs.

On clicking it, I could see Dust Bunnies in the streets. The very first one was a grey S/S. Stones are cheap; that'll do fine!

Earlier today, I had spent 30 minutes by the stopwatch running between the Barber's Shop, the upstairs of the Legerdemain, and the Menagerie, without seeing a spawn. I noted a comment on Wowhead that someone had seen the rug spawn in the Alliance Greyfang Enclave between the Priest and the Paladin upstairs, so I had tried that and randomly looking in other shops without any luck.

So that's another one off my list.

/runs away clutching bunny

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » September 3rd, 2016, 8:58 am

Got mine this morning. Logged in, checked the barber shop and it was there. The rug doesn't glow like most clickable items in the game.

The dust bunnies will spawn all over Dalaran. Make sure to go outside the walls as well, especially in the battle pet area.

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Caesarromanus » September 4th, 2016, 10:35 pm

I've now seen the rug spawn four times.

I think as the pet collectors get their dust bunnies, this will become easier and easier to get as fewer people bother to click on it.

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » September 5th, 2016, 5:18 am

The Rug also spawns on the landing above the Paladin portal in the Alliance-only area (Greyfang Enclave).
Last edited by Salus on September 9th, 2016, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auryan
Pet Score:7912
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Auryan » September 5th, 2016, 10:37 am

Phasing can also be an issue here: i was hanging out in Dalaran when my guildie announced the dusty rug in the barber shop was up. I rushed over there...and did NOT see a rug. :cry: When I asked if it was still up cuz I couldn't see it, they invited me to a group...and THEN the rug showed up. Clicked on it and was able to get the "debuff" and see the dust bunny pets on the map. :mrgreen: Yay guildies! Boo for crap phasing!

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » September 6th, 2016, 6:36 am

i was having the same issue trying to find the rug, but then i found it in the horde only area, next to the inn, covering a large metal grate.

ive seen it there at least 5 times now over the last few days. been trying to announce in trade so others can get there bunnies and most are having the same issue with not being able to see it unless in a group with me.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » September 6th, 2016, 9:02 am

If you main alliance, a warlock can use eye of killrog to let you see if the rug is up in the horde area. I would sit in the barbershop, then use my eye of killrog to check the legerdemain lounge, breanni's pet shop and the grate to the right in the horde area. Other farseeing abilities might work similarly.

After about half an hour, i found the rug on the grate. The rug itself is mediumsized, blue and glowing, so its really hard to miss. I ended up doing the introduction on my only lvl 100 horde on the server, after failing to get someone else to click on it for a good 10 minutes. The rug was still up when i got there, and i found an uncommon bunny.

You cant kill the bunnies, so you have to defeat them to get more spawns to show up.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 6th, 2016, 2:50 pm

Nagini wrote:If you main alliance, a warlock can use eye of killrog to let you see if the rug is up in the horde area. I would sit in the barbershop, then use my eye of killrog to check the legerdemain lounge, breanni's pet shop and the grate to the right in the horde area. Other farseeing abilities might work similarly.
Hunters can use Eagle Eye. I was sitting on Legerdomain balcony and watching the pet shop and barbershop at the same time.

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 7th, 2016, 8:43 am

You also can disable the Outline Mode in your game client to see loot sparkles. Visually it looks the same as the rug you teleport to when using your Dalaran hearthstone.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Averalorax » September 7th, 2016, 10:01 am

I found the rug over the weekend in the pet shop. After clicking it, I asked my husband where he was and suggested he returned to Dalaran since I had released the rabbits, then I went to. town trying to catch them. I had planned to share them with the other members of my guild who were busy questing and unable to make it to Dalaran. I got one Rare and two uncommmon before I thought to check if I could cage them. Can't - so more for me. But my husband DID say that he managed to catch one. I don't know if others can see them, but my husband did manage to coral an uncommon.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 8th, 2016, 1:31 am

Yay, found the rug in pet shop..

No rare bunnies, though.. There was 7 spawns, reachable inside Dalaran and atleast one outside the walls, not reachable, because flying is disabled..

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 8th, 2016, 3:48 am

FuxieDK wrote:[...]There was 7 spawns, reachable inside Dalaran and atleast one outside the walls, not reachable, because flying is disabled..
I noticed one outside the walls as well, but in my case it was reachable through the hole in the wall that leads to the pet battle arena. Luckily that one was my rare catch. :lol:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » September 8th, 2016, 11:54 am

Here's the wowhead link: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=98506/dust-bunny#comments The map has spawn locations. I haven't gotten the bunny yet, but I understand that they do not spawn exactly under the rug once you click on it. Also, there were comments on wowhead that the bunny occasionally spawns without the rug. Anyone confirm?