Stormstruck Beaver - the new Minfernal

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Chibimage
Top Rater
Pet Score:12239
Realm:Stormrage-us
Stormstruck Beaver - the new Minfernal

Post by Chibimage » September 5th, 2016, 6:58 pm

I'm sure there are going to be some lucky folks who just dumbed into one spawned and got lucky. It happens all the time. I personally, had no trouble with any safari until now. The Stormstruck Beaver just will not spawn.

It's fine, I'll wait it out - the Minfernal at least had more spawn points. But with how CRZ works how, there is less realm hopping possible and so this will be much tougher to get.

I hear tell also that the Fledgling Kingfeather can be a beast to get too - but I was one of those lucky people where one was spawned when I got up there.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: Stormstruck Beaver - the new Minfernal

Post by Killerkarl » September 5th, 2016, 9:03 pm

Both of those took me a couple of hours each of killing none combat critters at their spawn points before I got one.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632

Post by Ranok » September 6th, 2016, 2:30 am

Getting to the different Kingfeather spawn points sure a helluva lot easier than working the Beaver.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » September 6th, 2016, 3:17 am

I'm fond of 'static' farms, so i simply picked a spot (by the little pond, a little away from the river, coords 47.8 52.4) that has two spawns for bucktooth flapper (Battlepet/normal critter) and can also spawn this beaver. With a /tar Buck /cast [any instantcast damage ability] macro and a netflix show in hand i got this little guy to spawn in under an hour. Uncommon, B/B, definetly saving a stone for this little critter.

At least compared to the minfernal you can put active effort towards spawning this little guy. I'm sure I would have been faster checking all the spawns and clearing out the critters and other battlepets, but the difficult terrain in highmountain just made this seem like an easier option.

Shaniel
Pet Score:6508
Realm:Pozzo dell'Eternità-eu

Post by Shaniel » September 6th, 2016, 4:51 am

There are two main spots where you can find it. The First One is the "two yak" one, but only two critters can bè killed for a spawn chance once every 5-7 minutes.
Thecsecon one is near the starting point, i don't Remember the name, but it's near the shipwrecked boats an the pools where an elemental rare is.
You can find there 8 critters and the chance Will bè much higher. I spent a couple of hours at the First spot, then traveled to the second one and found one in less than 30 minutes

Emotreedrood
Pet Score:12685

Post by Emotreedrood » September 10th, 2016, 11:46 am

It took me about an hour of camping the spot where the Yaks are to get the pet to spawn. Was poor-oh well.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 18th, 2016, 4:42 am

Chibimage wrote:I hear tell also that the Fledgling Kingfeather can be a beast to get too - but I was one of those lucky people where one was spawned when I got up there.
Both Fledglings (Kingfeather and Oliveback) are in resonable supply on the mountain where Felwing is...

Spending a lot of time, trying to get my beaver now :(

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 18th, 2016, 6:06 pm

There's a not-so-secret spot in Stonescar Gorge slightly north of Lorna's Watch FP. Jump in the water, swim east a little, and you'll see a beach with 2 beavers, a quest mob called Stonefang and a stone fisherman. Kill the 2 beavers if they're critters, and wait. Repeat a half dozen times. If one is set to spawn it'll often show up there.

I've spawned 5 beavers at that location. 3 were poor or common B/B, 1 someone else got before I could check the breed, and the 5th was the P/P I wanted (and rare to boot!)

Nikkip
Pet Score:10818
BattleTag®:Nikki#1932

Post by Nikkip » September 18th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Took me 2 days to get it. I had finally said screw killing the ones to make it spawn, started leveling my hunter and got one

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » September 18th, 2016, 9:13 pm

Got mine after landing from the bombing run world quest, right under the bridge.

Thupid
Top Rater
Pet Score:9552
Realm:Quel'dorei-us

Post by Thupid » September 19th, 2016, 4:38 pm

Took me about 30-45 min of killing the regular beavers at the landing and one finely popped, it was a grey P/P.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » September 20th, 2016, 7:21 am

I got one this morning at the crash site.

I cleared all the non pet battle critters and fought three beach area battles.

Then I explored the wreckage and got the chests.

On the way to leave one spawned in front of me. It was kinda tricky because it would heal and dam on cool-down.

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » September 21st, 2016, 9:27 pm

Got mine today, as others did, at the crash site and the small circular pool just up the slope from the crash site.

I killed all non-combat pets in area, realm hopped, and repeated until I got a grey BB and then about 20 mins later a grey PP. I immediately released the BB and will now stone and level up the PP version.

Thank god this didnt turn out to be a true minfernal type farm lol.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 21st, 2016, 11:15 pm

Yay, got my beaver last night..

I killed all Bucktooth Flappers I could find, while taking a route: Lake with Yaks --> Lake near ship crash with water elemental --> Down two waterfalls --> Down another waterfall --> repeat...

Beaver was on the west bank, at the crash site... It was green, but who cares? Only two colors exists; blue and not-blue...

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 23rd, 2016, 10:22 am

Didn't have too much trouble with the beaver. Or any of them really. Was able to force them to spawn if there weren't any up with a minimum of difficulty/time. Except the kingfeather.

Edit: Till I complain and find one in under 5 minutes. :roll:

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » September 23rd, 2016, 12:35 pm

Beaver ~ 40minutes
Kingfeather ~60minutes
Vicious Broodling ~almost 3h.....

All in all the Legion Safari was fair, lots of easy ones, some farming needed.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 23rd, 2016, 2:36 pm

The WORST for me was Tiny Apparition. I checked a few times, then tried killing the critter versions for an hour and couldn't get one to spawn. Finally got one the next day, but only 2 were up.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » September 23rd, 2016, 3:10 pm

Peanutty wrote:The WORST for me was Tiny Apparition. I checked a few times, then tried killing the critter versions for an hour and couldn't get one to spawn. Finally got one the next day, but only 2 were up.
The reason seems to be that there can only be X number of battle pets up in that area at the same time, including the Kelp Scuttlers, Rapana Whelks and the Tiny Apparitions. I was able to get Tiny Apparitions to spawn rather quickly if I would kill off the Kelp Scuttlers (use a flying team, kill the scuttler, abandon the battle) as well as taking out the critter apparitions. The whelks for some reason could be killed normally like they weren't a battle pet. The apparitions that are battle-able seem to be normally killable too for some reason. I suspect that's part of the reason there seem to be so few up. People doing quests inadvertantly kill them with AoE.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 23rd, 2016, 3:47 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Peanutty wrote:The WORST for me was Tiny Apparition. I checked a few times, then tried killing the critter versions for an hour and couldn't get one to spawn. Finally got one the next day, but only 2 were up.
The reason seems to be that there can only be X number of battle pets up in that area at the same time, including the Kelp Scuttlers, Rapana Whelks and the Tiny Apparitions. I was able to get Tiny Apparitions to spawn rather quickly if I would kill off the Kelp Scuttlers (use a flying team, kill the scuttler, abandon the battle) as well as taking out the critter apparitions. The whelks for some reason could be killed normally like they weren't a battle pet. The apparitions that are battle-able seem to be normally killable too for some reason. I suspect that's part of the reason there seem to be so few up. People doing quests inadvertantly kill them with AoE.
Makes sense, and I halfheartedly tried to wipe out some other pets in the zone, but as I was watching the area pretty closely (and there weren't too many players around) I can definitely say they weren't spawning with any frequency whatsoever.

And yes some pets are killable directly while others require actual pet battle to clear them out. I only figure that out per pet when I go to kill them directly and get denied.