New Acquisitions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
New Acquisitions

Post by Gráinne » August 29th, 2016, 10:43 pm

I thought it would be nice to natter about our new acquisitions.

I spent most of the evening/morning watching my screen not-move, and I am now very tired.

I picked up the new Pet Charm pets in Dalaran:

H/H [pet]Alarm-o-Bot[/pet]
P/S [pet]Fel Piglet[/pet]
P/S [pet]Nightwatch Swooper[/pet]
H/B [pet]Plump Jelly[/pet]
H/P [pet]Autumnal Sproutling[/pet]
H/S [pet]River Calf[/pet]

I also tamed

S/B and B/B [pet]Black-Footed Fox Kit[/pet]
H/B and H/P [pet]Spiketail Beaver[/pet] - I had a B/B as well, but must have released it in error.
I battled maybe a couple of dozen, and these were the only breeds I saw for them.

The WarcraftPets page doesn't have a H/P breed for the [pet]Spiketail Beaver[/pet] yet. As a Blue 25, it's

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: New Acquisitions

Post by Kurasu » August 30th, 2016, 8:09 am

So far, I have all the charm pets and one of the Underbelly Eye pets (the [pet]Sewer Jelly[/pet]). I also pet battled for charms and managed to get myself a rare [pet]Blind Rat[/pet].

I've captured a [pet]Long-Eared Owl[/pet] but it's only common at the moment; I spent most of yesterday night hunting for a Dust Bunny and having no luck with the camp. I've only recently started battling (other than the Underbelly fights).

Add a poor [pet]Slithering Brownscale[/pet] to the list.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 30th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Hi,

(updated 09/03/2016)

Very disappointing ... I ended up getting "started" in one zone for my DH, and have not seen many pets. I have a feeling that we should lay off a few zones, due to levels.

Lists are now available.

Ed: (Cleaned up later) Pets are showing up way much more than they were on the first day ... I checked my first zone by comparison, and I had none that first day, and yesterday, I saw a lot of pets there. Something might have been changed/updated since, as now they are available a lot more.

One note, though, is that I have not seen a single RARE as yet, though I used a Blue Rock to upgrade a S/S Fox ... couldn't resist that one! In general, gosh ... is it possible to find/get LESS Kelp Scuttlers and Grizzly Squirrels in RARE form?
Last edited by Uduwudu on September 3rd, 2016, 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 30th, 2016, 5:00 pm

Uduwudu wrote:Hi,

Very disappointing ... I ended up getting "started" in one zone for my DH, and have not seen a single pet ... or option as yet to get a pet.

I have a feeling that we should lay off a few zones, if we want to get a few pets ... as it looks like some zones have stuff to get and others don't?

Is it possible for someone to help with a list, so I can choose a better area? The first one AZ something or other, has shown me not a single anything
They all have new pets.

WarcraftPets has you covered for zone pets, for example:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/guides/pets/wow-pets-by-zone/?continent=Broken+Isles&zone=Azsuna&wild=Y&wanted=Y&collected=Y&excluded=Y

I'm spending most of my time on wild pet collecting instead of getting on with serious work here. :)

Uduwudu wrote:PS: (Along side all this, I filed a Consumer Complaint with the State of WA against Blizzard, for a faulty and incomplete expansion and bad information/design. I can not complete a single character, and can not turn in the quests at the "Hall" that doesn't exist, and there are no labels for it. My mage is stuck, at this time! My DH is stuck ... and I have given up on this expansion as of right now, as there is no support and attention to details and it has become too frustrating. Trying to get help arriving at the "Mage Hall" is like pulling teeth on an elephant on the chats and everyone blaming everything from your sister to your mom, to _____ and ________ (no kidding!). I sure hope the Pet situation is not that bad ... but as of right now, DH at 101, and stuck ... can't get past the weapon and frustrated with the bad information and quest dialogues that are preventing a continuation of play.)
I don't know about DH, but my mage has been fine to progress, and the launch was smoother than I've seen before. I'm happy to gripe all day about the new animations/models, the ability amputations, and other design directions, but I think Blizzard's execution so far has been near-flawless, and I'm enjoying myself just wandering around, capturing pets, and killing random things. I really should get my second and third artefacts and figure out where my professions rank-ups are, but that can wait as long as I'm enjoying myself. ;)

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 30th, 2016, 10:10 pm

I saw a Stormstruck Beaver.

There was a mob beside it.

Verry carefully I used only single-target attacks on the mob.

I forgot I had my Doom trinket equipped, which deals AoE damage. :(

/cry

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 30th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Gráinne wrote:I saw a Stormstruck Beaver.

There was a mob beside it.

Verry carefully I used only single-target attacks on the mob.

I forgot I had my Doom trinket equipped, which deals AoE damage. :(

/cry
Sad ,
i did not see a single one yet....
but i got lucky and get the bunny

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » August 31st, 2016, 1:02 am

Gráinne wrote: ...
WarcraftPets has you covered for zone pets, for example:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/guides/pets/wow-pets-by-zone/?continent=Broken+Isles&zone=Azsuna&wild=Y&wanted=Y&collected=Y&excluded=Y

I'm spending most of my time on wild pet collecting instead of getting on with serious work here. :)
Thanks a big bunch ... was looking for this, but being half blind (3 surg's on right eye), made it really hard to find a decent listing, and this one is now the best I have seen, and the only one, mind you!

Haven't bagged a Blue yet, but fought a whole bunch of Poors, Commons and a couple of Uncommons. Hoping to find a blue in the midst and using a level 22 or 23 in the middle to help bring them up to 25.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 31st, 2016, 11:32 pm

Got my S/S [pet]Rose Taipan[/pet]!

I spent far too much time looking for this. I must have tried at least 30 of them before I came across an S/S.

For battling, the [pet]Rose Taipan[/pet] is effectively identical to the [pet]Death Adder Hatchling[/pet]. The stats are the same. The Taipan replaces [ability]Burrow[/ability] with [ability]Paralyzing Venom[/ability], but with [ability]Blinding Poison[/ability] as the other choice in that slot, there are not many cases where you will care.

Anyone who wanted to try a DAH for PvP but never had the luck or gold can now roll their own. Since the nerf, it's not the predator that it was, but with the 341 speed, it can still surprise people. :)

Kurasu
Top Rater

Post by Kurasu » September 1st, 2016, 5:49 pm

I've now got one of every wild pet other than [pet]Fedgling Kingfeather[/pet], [pet]Hog-Nosed Bat[/pet], [pet]Vicious Broodling[/pet], and [pet]Thornclaw Broodling[/pet]. At level 106 (and most of it from battling pets and exploring) that's not a bad haul. Got quite a few of them as rare as well.

I was lucky as hell: my very first [pet]Stormstruck Beaver[/pet] was a rare one, making my expected use of a stone unnecessary. I did use one on my [pet]Dust Bunny[/pet], though. I don't want to steal the rug out from under other people who might want the chance to get them.

Kurasu
Top Rater

Post by Kurasu » September 2nd, 2016, 4:58 am

And just last night, I simultaneously dinged level 107, and Broken Isles Safari, and obtained my [pet]Rescued Fawn[/pet]. The Suramar pets are a pain in the *BUTT* to get when you're not level 110; I don't suggest trying it unless you've got a high-level friend, are chasing questers around, or are willing to take a lot of deaths to find them (guilty).

Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Averalorax » September 2nd, 2016, 9:37 am

::slightly guilty::
Wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I stayed home to get some rest. Ended up playing WOW.

My Horde Paladin made 104 and ended up with all but 3 of the Highmountain pets - Baby Elderhorn (still need more rep), Crispin, and Felspider - still haven't found yet. I even remembered to get Zoom while I was in the right area and it only took 2 tries.

Admittedly, I was even catching poor and common versions, but also managed to catch 2 at Uncommon and 2 at Rare, so I won't complain that I still have more catching in Highmountain to do. Afterall, I still have 5 alts at 100 and a 100 boost not yet used

Bonesai
Pet Score:8736
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Bonesai » September 2nd, 2016, 9:52 am

I stockpiled charms, so only have one of those left to get from that vendor, got one from the other new dalaran vendor and a few wild ones. My stones stockpile has helped with level upgrading to rares - that dead time at the end of WoD had its uses.

So far I;ve got

Alarm-o-bot
Autumnal Sproutling
Celestial Calf
Coastal Sandpiper
Fel Piglet
Gleamhoof Fawn
PLump Jelly
Slithering Brownscale
Vale flitter

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 2nd, 2016, 10:10 am

Kurasu wrote: I was lucky as hell: my very first [pet]Stormstruck Beaver[/pet] was a rare one, making my expected use of a stone unnecessary. I did use one on my [pet]Dust Bunny[/pet], though. I don't want to steal the rug out from under other people who might want the chance to get them.
Same here...
Go on the beach and there was 1 [pet]Stormstruck Beaver[/pet] waiting for me , quickly engage it to found out was a rare , B/B but that's ok :)
i will stone my bunny as well to let someone else the chance on the rug

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » September 2nd, 2016, 4:55 pm

So I got Zoom, and ... he keeps multiplying in my pet journal! Does that happen for anyone else? Is he Mr. Bigglesworth 2?
And all the Eldritch Manafiends and Northern Hawk Owls I found were rare, but the servers have restarted at least 20 times since so maybe it was a bug and is fixed.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 2nd, 2016, 7:51 pm

Merana wrote:So I got Zoom, and ... he keeps multiplying in my pet journal! Does that happen for anyone else?
Yea, I have 3 Zooms now in my journal. This bug was happening on Beta as well.

I don't have the heart to release 2! :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kurasu
Top Rater

Post by Kurasu » September 2nd, 2016, 8:56 pm

Merana wrote:And all the Eldritch Manafiends and Northern Hawk Owls I found were rare
I only have one of each, but both were rare right off the bat for me, too.

Possible this is related to the 'uncommon only' bug we had on several creatures in Pandaria and Cataclysm.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » September 3rd, 2016, 8:34 am

Kurasu wrote:And just last night, I simultaneously dinged level 107, and Broken Isles Safari, and obtained my [pet]Rescued Fawn[/pet]. The Suramar pets are a pain in the *BUTT* to get when you're not level 110; I don't suggest trying it unless you've got a high-level friend, are chasing questers around, or are willing to take a lot of deaths to find them (guilty).
Was going to suggest the same thing ... this zone is nasty if you are trying to farm pets and not high enough to handle the mobs.

Kurasu
Top Rater

Post by Kurasu » September 3rd, 2016, 9:54 am

Uduwudu wrote: Was going to suggest the same thing ... this zone is nasty if you are trying to farm pets and not high enough to handle the mobs.
What's worse is that the Suramar-only mobs, AKA the spiders, are *all* in very dangerous areas. Even at level 110, it's not fun to run around. I was fortunate that my first Vicious Broodling was a rare; I'm not looking forward to trying to farm up another one.

Maybe there's a lucky break, and all of them are rare again. ;)

Averalorax
Pet Score:5954
Realm:Drenden-us

Post by Averalorax » September 3rd, 2016, 1:27 pm

Merana wrote:So I got Zoom, and ... he keeps multiplying in my pet journal! Does that happen for anyone else? Is he Mr. Bigglesworth 2?
And all the Eldritch Manafiends and Northern Hawk Owls I found were rare, but the servers have restarted at least 20 times since so maybe it was a bug and is fixed.

I have done this quest once and found out last night that I had three Zooms.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » September 4th, 2016, 6:44 am

I finished out Broken Isles Safari with all but one breed I want. Got most all the easy ones out of the way and now for the ones that require work. I need about an hour or so of fishing to get the sting ray pup and start doing archaeology or farm for eye of inquisition. Suramar quest line and the scenario pet are also on my to do. This xpac is definitely keeping me busy.