Undead racial bugs

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bloodykins
Pet Score:3616
Realm:Frostmourne-us
Undead racial bugs

Post by Bloodykins » August 20th, 2016, 3:03 am

If a DoT kills an Undead.
They seem to get two 'extra' rounds.
And it also seems to ignore any blind affect (Blinding poison).

This is most noticeable when facing a Bone Serpent in their undead round. Bone Barrage seems to operate 'normally' (hits for normal damage), even in the undead-racial-round, even when blinded.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Undead racial bugs

Post by Gráinne » August 20th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Bloodykins wrote:If a DoT kills an Undead.
They seem to get two 'extra' rounds.
Discodoggy has commented on this quite a lot, and shown examples on his YouTube channel. It's not just DoTs; it's any end-of-round delayed damage, like [ability]Bombing Run[/ability].
Bloodykins wrote:And it also seems to ignore any blind affect (Blinding poison).
That's interesting. I haven't seen that.
Bloodykins wrote:This is most noticeable when facing a Bone Serpent in their undead round. Bone Barrage seems to operate 'normally' (hits for normal damage), even in the undead-racial-round, even when blinded.
Hm. Trying to think of a tamer that has moves such that I could set this up for testing...

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » August 21st, 2016, 5:24 am

So I was not crazy after all..the other day Bone Serpent hit my Nightshade with Noc.Strike on his last round, while blinded by poison!
:?:

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » August 21st, 2016, 1:30 pm

Biscuit wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but moves like Nocturnal Strike, Blood in the Water, etc will ALWAYS hit if the requirements are met. Even if blinded.
Not if your opponent is an elemental and the requirement is a specific weather, no.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » August 21st, 2016, 1:51 pm

Wootzy wrote:So I was not crazy after all..the other day Bone Serpent hit my Nightshade with Noc.Strike on his last round, while blinded by poison!:?:
now that shouldnt happen :!:

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » August 21st, 2016, 6:03 pm

Drudatz wrote:
Wootzy wrote:So I was not crazy after all..the other day Bone Serpent hit my Nightshade with Noc.Strike on his last round, while blinded by poison!:?:
now that shouldnt happen :!:
I know! Or else I would have won the match.

And seeing more strange things lately, like Graves missing Consume Corps while he should not.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 21st, 2016, 11:10 pm

Wootzy wrote:And seeing more strange things lately, like Graves missing Consume Corps while he should not.
I've seen that several times, not just recently. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of bug there. It should miss when there is no corpse to consume, and I don't know whether Darkness or Sandstorm should affect its hit chance, but I've seen it miss outside those conditions.

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » August 22nd, 2016, 11:07 am

And now my turn was skipped with no reason! What is going on??

Bloodykins
Pet Score:3616
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Bloodykins » August 23rd, 2016, 2:49 pm

As a followup, I've done a bit more testing. It seems either Bone Barrage or (more likely) Blinding poison is bugged.

Just saw a 'not dead' (i.e, living) Bone Serpent hit me through Blinding poison with Bone barrage.

http://www.wowhead.com/pet-ability=1049/blinding-poison#comments

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 23rd, 2016, 4:10 pm

That is intentional. In MoP the made it so that hit modifiers didn't affect hits past the first one of abilities like bone barrage and moth balls. It was intended as a nerf for mothballs + lucky dance type combos, but affected all hit modifiers positive and negative.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » August 25th, 2016, 12:35 am

I've been farming Tanaan for Pet Charms to get the stuff on Legion release. I use a Dread Hatchling for the Felfy fight and most times than not, Consume Corpse misses. The pet I'm fighting isn't in the air(shouldn't matter as I'm not performing a move on my opponent), there's no weather effects, and I even have the hit chance buff up so I'm at 125%. This is clearly a bug. I've submitted it in game but I'm not sure it'll be noticed.

Dread Hatchling isn't undead so I think the bug might be associated to the spell.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 25th, 2016, 2:19 am

Interesting.
I could already see why the undead racial is complicated pretty a while ago (basically, a mix of "Each ability lasts minimum one round" and "Each effect expires at the end of the round"), but even that doesn't seem to justify the behaviour after DoTs.
About the testing, maybe Farmer Nishi?

I know that it's rather a basic but [ability]Consume Corpse[/ability] misses if all your other pets are alive or a dead pet was already addressed by that ability.
That's what the [ability]Haunt[/ability] exploit aims at.
Vakeetah said that in this case gameplay should precede immersion and CoCo should become a sort of copy of [ability]Wish[/ability] instead.
No other spell becomes useless after a while, after all. :P

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » August 25th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Paladance wrote:Interesting.
I could already see why the undead racial is complicated pretty a while ago (basically, a mix of "Each ability lasts minimum one round" and "Each effect expires at the end of the round"), but even that doesn't seem to justify the behaviour after DoTs.
About the testing, maybe Farmer Nishi?

I know that it's rather a basic but [ability]Consume Corpse[/ability] misses if all your other pets are alive or a dead pet was already addressed by that ability.
That's what the [ability]Haunt[/ability] exploit aims at.
Vakeetah said that in this case gameplay should precede immersion and CoCo should become a sort of copy of [ability]Wish[/ability] instead.
No other spell becomes useless after a while, after all. :P
I think it is safe to say that on a forum for the most obsessed pet battlers, we know this. Maybe it is forgotten on occasion, but I don't think anyone has consistently tried to use it incorrectly and listed it as a bug.