New PvP YouTuber

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
New PvP YouTuber

Post by Gráinne » August 20th, 2016, 1:55 pm

Browsing the US forums, I noticed a post from Gackto, who is starting a series of battle pet PvP videos. So in this quiet time I thought I'd repost the link here to get it a little more exposure.

His first two are up:

Ghost Adventures
H/H Unborn Val'kyr
H/P Teroclaw Hatchling
H/H Ghastly Kid
Curse of Doom, Haunt, Dodge, Heal, swap, Your Other Haunt, Ethereal if needed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=800X8asYrRQ

Unleash the Hounds
P/S Alterac Brew-Pup
P/P Frostwolf Ghostpup
S/S Molten Corgi (with Puppies and Cauterise)
Lot of team healing. I was surprised to see this team take three Serpents under Darkness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-I7ZMJkis

I recommend them highly, especially to any new or potential PvP battlers.

They are high-quality expositions of the ideas and thinking on a PvP battle starting from the ground up. Each video features a full explanation of the team selection and how the pets are going to be used, followed by two specimen battles. This makes them very accessible to a new battler. The first one, especially, uses a fresh team that even a beginner (with a Valk) could understand and use effectively. I've always liked DoT&Dodge type teams, that were suppressed so badly during the Graves meta, so I took it out for a spin and really enjoyed it.

Gackto seems to be coming from Pokemon, and is new to WoW pet PvP. Occasionally he lapses into using Pokemon terms, and experienced battlers may quibble with some of his details, but I found the unfamiliar angles refreshing.

We can certainly do with more YouTube battles, so I hope he continues making videos.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: New PvP YouTuber

Post by Wootzy » August 21st, 2016, 5:31 am

+1
Thanks for posting. I love watching pvp battles. The more the better, so I welcome it for sure. :)

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » August 21st, 2016, 11:58 am

Sorry but I cant take this DUDE seriously at all.
He doesnt even know that the Bone Serpent only as a
40% Hit Chance with Nocturnal Strike against elementals :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously talking about his opponent
"hes wasting his potential" while he is
sadly a nub and has no clue.

Please someone tell him to join this community
and learn some more instead of making himself into a joke....

In Vid 1 he claims he has played "a lot" of games
and in the Vid he proves he hasnt and blames
errors he makes on narrating the vid....

Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Prettyheals » August 21st, 2016, 1:20 pm

You can express your opinion, even disagree with his strategy, methods, or team, but calling someone names and making fun of them has no place here.
Also unnecessary...If you are going to make a point that his strategy is bad, at least have a few supporting points to your argument other than the OP is a "nub" and "making himself into a joke". Someone thought his video was helpful enough to post here, so be respectful.

As a long time pet collector, but a new pet battler, I come here for advice and strategies, not to read rants. I can easily get that in spades on the WoW Pet Battle forums. I would like us all to hold this community to a higher standard.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 21st, 2016, 1:39 pm

Biscuit wrote:My only beef is I hate his AddOns haha.
I dunno. I found those blinkenlights kind of hypnotic. :) It seems to be the addon Pokemon Trainer.

I spent a bit of time trying to figure out what they were trying to tell me. The downside, as far as I understand it, is that the addon seems to assume that the first ability in a slot on the opponent's team is the one present until it is used; that could be a problem if it misled you.
Drudatz wrote:Sorry but I cant take this DUDE seriously at all.
40% Hit Chance with Nocturnal Strike against elementals
(Quivering voice) Statler, .... Statler, is that you?
Criticism is fine, but no need to be just mean. If you want to start a YouTube channel, I promise to watch - as long as you leave your damn BA team at home; life's too short.

Sure, he's new to WoW, and hasn't yet internalised all the memes and, er, ... peculiarities ... of battle pet coding, and I went "huh?" a few times myself during the battles, but he has a good sense of tactics, and imagination, and enthusiasm, and he isn't a cynical fossilised old relic like us. He has plenty of time to pick up all the sharp edges and jagged corners. :)

I think he will be more accessible for new battlers than Disco, who tends to assume (mostly correctly!) than his viewers will be weighing up strategies from the zone-in almost as quickly as he.

I hope he keeps producing. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » August 21st, 2016, 2:15 pm

Prettyheals wrote:You can express your opinion, even disagree with his strategy, methods, or team, but calling someone names and making fun of them has no place here.
Sorry but since when is calling someone a Nub name calling? for me thats the same as calling someone rookie, does that offend you too?
Sorry it might be hard to grasp for you but what he is doing is the aquivalent of someone who is 3 days at the university making a youtube chan about how you have to behave there while at the same time you have chans of other people doing the same after they have been there for 5 years.
Prettyheals wrote:
Also unnecessary...If you are going to make a point that his strategy is bad, at least have a few supporting points to your argument
Sorry if you find him help full write him so but if you could read I all ready wrote about him not knowing what nocturnal strike will hit and what not.
Prettyheals wrote:Someone thought his video was helpful enough to post here, so be respectful.
No Gráinne didnt post him her because he thought of him as help full (which he aint) but to make the chan more known.
If YOU cant deal with my opinion fine but I wont change it because of you.
Prettyheals wrote:As a long time pet collector, but a new pet battler, I come here for advice and strategies, not to read rants. I can easily get that in spades on the WoW Pet Battle forums. I would like us all to hold this community to a higher standard.
Sorry but if you wanna live in a world full of unicorns thats fine, but I surely wont let YOU oppress my opinion that the dude is the wrong one to make vids about pet battles.
Gráinne wrote:Sure, he's new to WoW, and hasn't yet internalised all the memes and, er, ... peculiarities ... of battle pet coding, and I went "huh?" a few times myself during the battles, but he has a good sense of tactics,
But THAT is the POINT. He has NOT.
(Just for you I will now have to go through both vids again and write down later what is all wrong with them)
Gráinne wrote:and imagination, and enthusiasm, and he isn't a cynical fossilised old relic like us.
that I will give you :D
Gráinne wrote:He has plenty of time to pick up all the sharp edges and jagged corners. :)
thats another point why not make vids then?

PS: Prettyheals you also have include that english aint my father tongue so ofc it might sound harsher for you then its meant.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » August 21st, 2016, 4:05 pm

Remember this is a place where all ideas and tactics are welcome, we all have different opinions (especially about PvP).

Please respect each others opinion without the need to quote back and forth, if it was helpful to one person that's amazing, if it wasn't to you that's fine too but no need for judgement here, we all start somewhere and have our own style.

I know all everyone in this thread and I don't believe anything has been intentionally offensive, just keep it friendly and relevant to the topic :)

Drudatz
Top Rater

Post by Drudatz » August 21st, 2016, 4:08 pm

Edited by Azaelia: - No need for warning people about posts, it doesn't do anything other than give the impression it may be offensive and not belong here, or try and trigger others (even if that is not the case). None of your content was changed as mentioned previously all opinions should be respected.

Intro and Fight 1:
  1. the intro is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long, a 4min53 intro for a 18min video - are you forcefully trying to put me to sleep :?:
  2. two addons to show the opponents abilities (PokemonTrainer is the one left and right and the one down in the middle which name I forgot because Pokemon is superior)
  3. he talks to much and to fast (some people call this enthusiasms :D )
  4. not using Dodge for the Conflagrate from the Phoenix Hatchling thus loosing the speed advantage (VERY BAD MOVE RIGHT THERE :!: if he at least said something "and thats NOT how you do it".... :roll: )
  5. switching to the Ghastly Kid instead of the Unborn Valkyr (another bad move)
    (right play here would have been Doom and Haunt and kill the Spider off with the Teroclaw Hatchling)
  6. Claiming his "misplays" are because he has to talk (its not like he could record the fights and voice over them after, etc...)
  7. (after the Spider is dead) AGAIN not using Dodge for the Conflagrate from the Phoenix Hatchling.
  8. "this team is so hard to grind out" - excuse me? none of his pets are hard to grind out. (the valkyr was the only one hard to get pre-7.0.3 but the rest where never hard to get)
Fight 2:
  1. he shows not having played ALOT of games, by having to look up the tooltip of Plagued Blood(! well get back to this later !)
  2. he reads the tooltip for Arcane Blast on the lower middle Addon while Pokemon allready shows him what moves the Restling Shadeling has
  3. if he had used the Dogde from the Teroclaw instantly he would have killed the Shadeling faster
  4. 12min54 (!) "I dont think he gets the plagued blood if I am not attacking him" wtf? not only does he not know plagued blood, he also can't read how it works from the tooltip?
  5. reapplying natures ward in the undeads last round - one thing he did right :)
  6. He has the goat with an anti-undead-attack out and thinks about switching it out (no ofc you dont switch out but attack with your hoof....)
  7. calling pets pokemon.....
  8. doesnt understand why his goat died in the background (course of doom isnt dodge by using haunt but instead carried through)

here we go with Video 2 and whats wrong with it:

Intro and Fight 1
  1. in his first video I only could supect that he wants to put his viewers to sleep. Now he proves me right with a 6min09 intro!
  2. he is using the breed terms (ie s/s) but never explaims them at all (wasnt that pet battles for nubsrookies?)
  3. is surprise his oppents first move is the bone barage and not darkness (....)
  4. suddenly 3 undead pets are superhard to deal with when he fought 3 undead in his first vid? :8
  5. he doesnt realize AT FUCKING ALL that his opponent just missed with nocturnal strike and belives it to come now.
    not only cant he read tooltips but he even cant read his screen and see there was no bone barage yet!
  6. after finally seeing on pokemon that nocturnal strike was used he switches to his frostwolf pup, gets the bone barrage and
    really has to think which pet to bring in because of the second nocturnal strike from his opponent and switches in a beast
    (wrong play again, you bring in the elemental which ignores the weather blinding effect thus making nocturnal strike a 40% hit chance.)
  7. stating his opponent switches to much (no, your opponent switches exactly like you do with a bone serpent team)
  8. stating that his opponent is wasting his potential when in fact its him doing that
  9. instead of bringing his ghostpup he stays on his molten corgi.... (he doesnt seem to like pet switches)
  10. doesnt understand how undead pets work - he would have won no matter how much the bone barrage would have hit him because of the undeads one extra round....

Fight 2 and finish:
  1. finally turned the default pet battle log on for everyone to see but still uses the wrong addon down in the middle.
  2. "you have to play the game some turns ahead of you opponent" ohrly? I would have never figured that out (yes, that was sarcasm, deal with it!).
  3. and then he runs into the stun....
  4. apart from him switching out of a stun, instead of using the heal, he goes for the bite.
  5. he goes for his dot instead of avoiding his opponents big dammage ability and the chance to get stuned.
  6. he has 454 total pets and from the looks of it a LOT of pets to level :)
He should come up with a more clear concept why is he doing this.
If he's doing it for nubsrookies dont throw around stuff like breed without explaining them.
If its not for rookies but for fun please, please *puppy eyes* make your intros way shorter.
Gráinne wrote:If you want to start a YouTube channel, I promise to watch - as long as you leave your damn BA team at home; life's too short.
Sorry I dont have the time for such stuff - maybe one day when the kids moved out and I am done working and old and wise :p

PS: if you find spelling mistakes, meaning mistakes I claim the fifthfather tongue! :D
PSS: If you read till here and you are offended I can offer hugs :!: :D

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » August 21st, 2016, 4:51 pm

Respectfully asking for this to end here from all parties, otherwise this thread will be closed.

Thatsaplusone
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Thatsaplusone » August 23rd, 2016, 2:22 am

Drudatz wrote:Sorry but I cant take this DUDE seriously at all.
40% Hit Chance with Nocturnal Strike against elementals :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Vid 1 he claims he has played "a lot" of games
and in the Vid he proves he hasnt and blames
errors he makes on narrating the vid....
Im sorry you hate me so much. Cant please everyone I guess lol
Sure I have played "a lot" of games but im still pretty casual compared to most of you on these forums. I didnt start making vids because I felt I was better than anyone though. I started making vids because it was fun. So I think im going to keep making them. Thanks for the feedback though :)

Thatsaplusone
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Thatsaplusone » August 23rd, 2016, 10:40 am

Biscuit wrote:I agree it's a welcome sight to see a new PVP pet battler join the YouTube scene.

My only beef is I hate his AddOns haha.
My bad. I just go with whatever works for me lol
What do you recommend I do to fix it so its more enjoyable for you to watch?