Pet of the Month - Felbat Pup

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us
Pet of the Month - Felbat Pup

Post by Liopleurodon » August 18th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Be sure to check out this month's [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/felbat-pup-pet-of-the-month-august-2016/]feature on the Felbat Pup[/url]!

How Do You Use Your Felbat Pup?
The [pet]Felbat Pup[/pet] is a new pet, so not a lot of specific strategies have cropped up around it yet. However, considering its kit, it's easy to find a decent niche for it.

The key is in [ability]Paralyzing Venom[/ability], which can make for some interesting possibilities. Since it only interrupts a turn and doesn't stun an opponent outright, it'll be good even in 3-pet PVE fights because your opponent won't feel the need to swap.

The unique elemental move, [ability]Fel Immolate[/ability], could also make the Felbat Pup a clincher for certain battles, but there aren't many fights which would benefit greatly from a Flying pet with Elemental moves on the team. Not many Beast-dealing Mechanicals out there.

But as we sit at the edge of a new expansion with lots of new encounters to try out, especially with the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/legion-alpha-new-pets-achievements-magic-pet-mirror-changes/]series of achievements in Family Familiar[/url], there's plenty of room for new combos. I'm pretty confident the Felbat Pup will be making an appearance on my Familiar teams just on the novelty and utility found in these two moves alone.

The closest pet to mention is obviously the other [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/flying/bats/]bat type pets[/url]. It trades a bit of (questionable) longevity for healing ability. Since the Felbat Pup only comes in S/B, if you'd like a particularly speedy pet you may want to opt for a regular [pet]Bat[/pet] instead (which also has a bit of additional speed at baseline too).
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Pet of the Month - Felbat Pup

Post by Uduwudu » August 18th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Hi,

Already got mine, and just need to level it. I tend to fight with it all the way to Level 10, and then from 22 all the way to 25, for sure, so I can get a very good idea of the utility of the Pet, and how it does against many different types and how his abilities stack up against various different opponents.

So far, however, almost all pets coming out have been just cosmetically different than others and nothing new. I would like to be surprised and see a new pet find itself in the top 5/10 of the list on this website.

Thatsaplusone
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Thatsaplusone » August 19th, 2016, 10:26 am

I just wish this guy wasnt an S/B breed. I might still give it a shot though just for the lulz

Ash_knacksum
Pet Score:1588
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Ash_knacksum » September 12th, 2016, 9:02 am

Thatsaplusone wrote:I just wish this guy wasnt an S/B breed. I might still give it a shot though just for the lulz
Yeah man, he looked like a decent pet to me, but his breed sucks for what he is... do you think they just make them rubbish sometimes on purpose? I mean they dropped a lot of game changers in legion... there are going to be brand new synergies derived from the new whelps at least (stormborne and emigossa are really good) I'm not the guy for the job as I'm way too new at this game to know all the variables, but I can tell by what they have going on in their movesets that they will be parts of some great synergies as legion moves forward.

Has anyone had much success with the felbat yet? I have about 30 or so of the guys to give to future generations that missed it (I know they will never be worth much as well as there was so many bought, it'll be like a decade to clear our AH in Draenor... it;s not quite as bad as sewer pipe jellies though in all honesty, we have about 20 or 30 pages of sewerpipe jellies currently!